10 hours ago, BigTom said:

You won't be too far from Gettysburg, Pa. Might want to consider a day trip to the battlefield and museum.

June and July are peak tourists time here.  Make sure you gas up before you get to Gettysburg.  We like to gouge everyone at the pumps all year long (worse in the summer).

11 hours ago, bhall said:

June and July are peak tourists time here.  Make sure you gas up before you get to Gettysburg.  We like to gouge everyone at the pumps all year long (worse in the summer).

It is peak tourist time here year around, we are use to the higher prices and did not think to even mention it. Gas went up again this week preparing for summer travelers.

It is peak tourist time here year around, we are use to the higher prices and did not think to even mention it. Gas went up again this week preparing for summer travelers.

That's no fun lol. We have decent gas prices here, but we're also used to Orlando area prices.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, disneygeek87 said:

Yes, we have a two year old. He did some kiddie rides at Waldameer in Erie last year.

Nice little park, come farther east and try Knoebels, free admission and has a lot of kiddie rides, campground on site but only electric, you can fill your water tank and there is a dump station as you leave.

1 hour ago, disneygeek87 said:
How far is that from Hershey?

Knoebels is actually north and a bit east of Hershey. I'd guess about 45 minutes. Knoebels is my. Favorite amusement park of them all. I have been to it at least every year of my life (even as an infant). Admission is free. You have to buy tickets for the rides. They sell them all over the park and you can buy them in books of $20. A local grocery chain called Weis sells ticket vouchers where if you buy $80 they will give you a voucher for $100 worth of tickets you redeem at a ticket booth in the park.

www.knoebels.com

Edit.  Just looked it up.  It's a bit over 60 miles from Hershey.  So a little over an hour drive time.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Hershey,+Pennsylvania/Knoebels+Amusement+Resort,+391+Knoebels+Blvd,+Elysburg,+PA+17824/@40.5654017,-76.9621083,10z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c8bb5eccb2aff3:0x7467ff30c8a65e56!2m2!1d-76.6502468!2d40.2859239!1m5!1m1!1s0x89cf6170aa035d7f:0xad793f4032d93472!2m2!1d-76.5011199!2d40.8783618!3e0

Oh and Lake Tobias Wildlife is really neat too. I think that's about 45 mins from Hershey too, west I think. 

It's north and maybe a bit west. Outside of a town called Halifax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's also the zoo by Hershey (zoo america i think it's called).

these are all about 45 ish min away from Hershey, (but these are in the same area) Dutch Wonderland, The Choo Choo barn, Cherry crest adventure farm and Strasburg Rail Road.

We took my almost 21 year old son to the Strasburg Railroad when he was around 2. I highly recommend it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/5/2018 at 9:36 PM, cynnich said:

We went to Indian Echo Caverns outside of Hershey. Actually my favorite part of the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they have a big cavern where they gather everyone, then turn out the lights and you can't (well couldn't before the days of cell phone emitting light) see a thing?

They did that at Howe's Caverns in NY back on the 60's when we went on a field trip.

On 5/8/2018 at 12:30 PM, Travisma said:

Do they have a big cavern where they gather everyone, then turn out the lights and you can't (well couldn't before the days of cell phone emitting light) see a thing?

They did that at Howe's Caverns in NY back on the 60's when we went on a field trip.

Did it at Mark Twain cave.  Unbelievable what total darkness is.  Can't imagine kids playing in there with just old fashioned lanterns 

On 5/8/2018 at 1:30 PM, Travisma said:

12 hours ago, caveat lector said:

Did it at Mark Twain cave.  Unbelievable what total darkness is.  Can't imagine kids playing in there with just old fashioned lanterns 

The lights out is also part of the Mammoth Cave tours. We were lucky in regards to cell phones that nobody was using them or flash photography.