A TCD Easter at The Fort Trip Report

4 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

We may have just made issues you. I will check at home but I think we got there around 6:45. 

It was fun with some meet and greets and photo ops. Lines weren't too bad either. Sil and I didn't bother with rides except she rode Rockin Rollercoaster which had different lighting and Star Wars music. She said it was a lot of fun. 

I may write a short bit about the night with some pictures. We got to meet BB8 that night for his premiere so that was fun too. 

It looks like I just missed you then. 

As far as I could see, they did a good job capping the ticket sales for this event.  I saw that RNRC was closed at 6 pm, and heard they were doing a Star Wars overlay for the party.  That would have been cool to see.

I hope that you get a chance to write a short report. Rumor has it that they will be dong this event again, and I believe that.  Especially with Star Wars land on the way.

We haven't met BB8 yet, but I guess he//she/I will be out during regular hours now, so we will get a chance.

TCD

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple of comments. First, regarding the quote above....cherish the times you still have where you'll all be under the same roof.  Once they start marrying, those days are done.  Same with vacati

Sadly, this photo says it all. Fort Wilderness just isn't a campground anymore. It's a poorly designed parking lot with an annoying smattering of trees. It's just a sad reflection of modern suburban A

What's this? A new trip report! Remember those? I liked it back in the day when Fiends would post trip reports. Now people go, and they come back, and nothing. But, that's not

I'm in!! I think the big issue with trip reports, (and I may be wrong) is storage site availability. Photobucket was my huge go to for a long time, and since they changed, they keep wanting more and more money to keep adding to my storage. I have yet to find anything else reliable and easy to post with as PB was.

Post to Facebook and linking seems to delete the photos after awhile, and Google photos has a glitch that I can't seem to resolve with posting.

As far as a WWW report, we're really just enjoying each other's company and not taking too many pictures. Sorry!

6 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I'm in!! I think the big issue with trip reports, (and I may be wrong) is storage site availability. Photobucket was my huge go to for a long time, and since they changed, they keep wanting more and more money to keep adding to my storage. I have yet to find anything else reliable and easy to post with as PB was.

Post to Facebook and linking seems to delete the photos after awhile, and Google photos has a glitch that I can't seem to resolve with posting.

As far as a WWW report, we're really just enjoying each other's company and not taking too many pictures. Sorry!

I hear you on the Photobucket.  I still use it, and they just hit me up for some more money.  And, it's still very glitchy.  I noticed they are running ads even though I'm a paid subscriber too.  And my computer does not like the ads.

I'm glad to hear everything was OK at WWW. It's hard not to notice that there was never much said about this year's trip.

TCD

Update time.

It's still Friday, April 14th, and we are watching the folks who shelled out $120 to attend the Galactic Nights event arrive.  I have a whole post's worth of photos from that.  I hope that y'all find this as interesting as I did.  If not, no worries, we will be moving on to other things.

They were really coming in now:

4%2014%2017%20037_zpse4l559t8.jpg

There goes another BB8 dress:

4%2014%2017%20039_zpsqsdexkfv.jpg

I'll have to be honest here and say that I am probably very low on the scale of Star Wars fans.  I like the movies OK, but I don't know the names of any of the obscure characters, and I especially don't know much about the prequels.  I think this lady is supposed to be Padme when she was Queen Amidala, but I really don't know:

queen_zpsunnc05jm.jpg

You may not be aware of it, but there are Disney fans who are famous on social media.  Some of them have little businesses that they make money from.  This young lady has a thriving button making business.  As far as I can tell, she lives in Arkansas:

carrie%20and%20popeye_zps9a3ifsyt.jpg

This is here website, in case you're interested: http://www.parkboundbuttons.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

One more comment on that last photo- I'm sure you noticed the dude with the Popeye shirt.  I wonder what he thought about all of the Star Wars people coming in the park?  I'll bet he wished he had picked out another shirt to wear.  And, while we are talking about this guy, who in the heck has a Popeye t-shirt anyway?

Looking at that last photo, it looks like those folks figured out that I was taking their photos.  The reason that a lot of these photos aren't framed well is that I was trying to be discrete with the photo taking.  I just pointed my camera and snapped away without looking.  Most of the time, people didn't notice.  But, sometimes they did.

There goes another BB8 dress:

4%2014%2017%20042_zpspnrh2mfs.jpg

The BB8 dresses definitely were the most popular dress to wear to this event.

More arrivals.  There goes another solo traveling dude dressed in black.  The number of solo men dressed in black was a bit worrisome.  Why are all these dudes on the Dark Side?:

4%2014%2017%20043_zpswrlboqyk.jpg

Here's some more guests- I don't know who the lady in the white dress is supposed to be.  The dude all the way over to the right has a Last Tour to Endor shirt- that was an event they had a few years ago when they closed down Star Tours to make it 3-D and add different sequences.  So it's vintage:

4%2014%2017%20044_zpsc7klunar.jpg

There's a fairly decent Rey:

4%2014%2017%20045_zpslmsfto4h.jpg

I should have mentioned that somewhere in this timeframe, they finished getting the red carpet down, and now guests were walking in on it:

4%2014%2017%20046_zps2jki7qqn.jpg

This couple look like they're OG Star Wars fans:

4%2014%2017%20047_zps0y1glnyu.jpg

There were still a lot of guests without lanyards mixed in with the paying customers.  I hope that Disney had a plan for throwing them out of the park at 7:

4%2014%2017%20048_zpsoikzuo9j.jpg

Based on what I was seeing, it seemed like more guests came without costumes than guests who wore costumes:

4%2014%2017%20049_zps63reyzfa.jpg

Another BB8 dress!  Let's make this a drinking game. Everyone take a shot:

4%2014%2017%20050_zpsydbr3cso.jpg

If you look over there on the red carpet, you will see two guests with Superman and Batman t-shirts.  WTF?:

4%2014%2017%20051_zpsz8mylf2q.jpg

So far, my photo spot wasn't too bad. Then this balloon guy showed up:

4%2014%2017%20052_zpsymkcojln.jpg

Actually, him being there was good, it made guests walk around him, and also hid me and my camera until it was too late for them. 

Here is a fun trio:

4%2014%2017%20053_zpsmomtezzh.jpg

I guess that green guy is a really tall Yoda.  And the red guy is Darth Maul. So, who's the blue girl?  Smurfette?:

paint%20trio_zps609ehp56.jpg

I don't know about you, but spending 6 hours in face paint doesn't sound like a good time to me.  I'd rather wear a Popeye shirt.

Another balloon guy photo:

4%2014%2017%20054_zpsopp7aq17.jpg

Here's a group of ladies, and not one of them is wearing a BB8 dress.  Wow:

female%20group_zpsy6oxciff.jpg

One thing that was interesting about this party is that there were very few children- it was by far mostly adults, and a lot of them were solo travelers, but there were some families, like this one, all in costume:

4%2014%2017%20056_zpsmdkeafga.jpg

Hey, it's Phil Holmes again!:

4%2014%2017%20057_zpssowss2nk.jpg

I know that I make fun of Phil, but I do think it was great to see him out and about and making sure things were going according to plan.  There have been some huge failures of special events at Hollywood Studios in the past, and it was good to see Phil take ownership of this party.

A blonde Rey.  Why not? There was a lot weirder stuff than that happening here tonight:

4%2014%2017%20059_zps53fanbhh.jpg

Speaking of weird. Here is a young lady in a Captain EO outfit:

4%2014%2017%20060_zpslpgg7zc1.jpg

Here comes two more single dudes in black.  I have a bad feeling about this:

4%2014%2017%20061_zpsxdzy563z.jpg

Another Rey.  Take a shot:

4%2014%2017%20062_zpsmoysonky.jpg

Two ladies not in BB8 dresses or Rey costumes- take two shots:

4%2014%2017%20063_zpstimqqmnr.jpg

Here's a guy with Star Wars Mouse ears.  I thought that I'd see more of those:

4%2014%2017%20064_zpskd7ji06t.jpg

Guess what?

It's another BB8 dress.  We're all going to be drunk before this is over:

4%2014%2017%20065_zpsvscdfzgu.jpg

Before we leave that photo- look at the dude in the red shirt in the center of the photo.

Here's another look at him.  He's got a big puppet wrapped around him.  I think he's supposed to be that monster that was in the trash compactor that Luke, Leia and Han got thrown in:

4%2014%2017%20066_zpspw4c5xbv.jpg

This is what I'm talking about:

That's what the dude's puppet is, right?

I think that's a good stopping point.

I hate to tell you this, but there's some more Galactic Nights stuff coming, and then we will move on.

TCD

Did you ever figure out what was up with the Men in Black? If not, do you remember one of them holding up a silver pen in front of you?  :lol:

The guy in the Popeye shirt kind of looks like Bruce McGill  (D-Day from Animal House) with a flat top haircut.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0569226/

1 hour ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Something tells me that the Jewish Elsa chick likes to...ahem....party at those conventions.

Jewish Elsa?  Is that a spellcheck thing?

Whatever- I do agree with your premise.  That girl is probably very popular with the lonely guys in black.

8 minutes ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

Did you ever figure out what was up with the Men in Black? If not, do you remember one of them holding up a silver pen in front of you?  :lol:

The guy in the Popeye shirt kind of looks like Bruce McGill  (D-Day from Animal House) with a flat top haircut.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0569226/

Yes.  The silver pen. I tried not to look at it.

Good catch on the Popeye guy. He did have an impressive haircut.

TCD

Since it's Friday, and I didn't get an update posted yesterday, I have some good news and some bad news.

First, the good news:  I am posting a second update today.

But, the bad news is that it's all from the Galactic Nights event.

This will be the last batch of photos from there.

I promise.

But, please enjoy these.

I do.

Here comes another guy in a robe:

4%2014%2017%20067_zpslbknvcvh.jpg

And another Rey.  Take a shot. I think that's supposed to be Han over there to right:

4%2014%2017%20069_zpszcooiehv.jpg

That big dude with the Boba Fett helmet is giving me the stink eye.  Sorry, bro, but thanks for filling in my "My Hasbro helmet IS my costume" Bingo card square:

4%2014%2017%20070_zpshiidskfk.jpg

Also, what's up with the dude in the jersey?  It's got a #23 on it, which is a big Disney number.  But I don't see anything Star Wars about it.

More guys from the dark side.  Also, way in the back, there's a guy in a red Chinamen's hat  (I know it isn't PC to say Chinamen, but I don't know what else to call that kind of hat-so no offense) :

4%2014%2017%20071_zpsrcvc2bzr.jpg

Check out the grandma with a walker.  Star Wars is for everyone!:

4%2014%2017%20073_zpsvekyitiz.jpg

Now, what the heck is that?  Is that a Jedi Cinderella? She has a light saber. OK, but then what about the Prince?  I'm really confused:

4%2014%2017%20074_zpstscw4quc.jpg

Here comes Princess Leia:

4%2014%2017%20075_zpsatcvnftd.jpg

Another BB8 dress-take a shot!:

4%2014%2017%20077_zpshjym34kf.jpg

There's a resistance pilot posing there in the street:

4%2014%2017%20078_zpskwocqfjz.jpg

There's a lady dressed as a character from one of the animated Star Wars series:

4%2014%2017%20079_zps2yrnt4jx.jpg

Oh, and check out this family- they all have nice costumes:

4%2014%2017%20080_zpstuaqero1.jpg

Take a closer look at them- the girl has a Chewbacca Mom mask and a fur suit:

chewbacca%20mom_zpsvbaqswyn.jpg

A lot of these guests are darn lucky that the weather was so pleasant this evening.  It was in the mid 70's, with low humidity.  It could have been brutal for some of these guests and their costumes.

I noticed a lot of the party goers were wearing shirts and vests that mentioned the 501st Legion, which is a group of folks who get together and dress up in Star Wars costumes.  Here's a bunch of them gathered in the road:

4%2014%2017%20081_zpspazivesm.jpg

A closer look at them:

501%20meeting_zpsgq9nxoh5.jpg

I thought it was odd that members of the 501st where here, as I thought they'd be part of the motor car parade that was one of the scheduled events for the this party.  The 501st always marched in the parades they had for Star Wars weekends.  It turns out that they did not march for this event, and the motor car parade was just that- just a few "stars" in cars.  No marchers. Too bad.

Here comes another solo Kylo Ren.  Keep your distance:

4%2014%2017%20082_zpsxozvqpwx.jpg

More guys in robes.  Also, note how busy the balloon guy is in this and the other photos- the dude sold a lot of balloons in the short time he was out:

4%2014%2017%20083_zpszwoyhtpk.jpg

More guests- there was a group coming through here that I tried to get a photo of:

4%2014%2017%20084_zpsosewlwkg.jpg

Here they are:

sw%20group_zpsxnc63fih.jpg

Here are a few more kids whose parents paid for them to come in:

4%2014%2017%20086_zpsjy3hdliq.jpg

Here's an interesting combo- Boba Fett, Rey, Anna and Han:

4%2014%2017%20087_zpst23xmkiu.jpg

We had Jedi Elsa, so I guess this is Jedi Anna:

jedi%20anna_zpskdsm8xg5.jpg

I have no idea who these people are supposed to be:

4%2014%2017%20088_zpsshwdxb8d.jpg

But the dude made me think of Jimmy Fallon's tight pants song:

tight%20pants_zpsq7wdpkgk.jpg

Yikes.

Look, a solo traveling grandma.  And another solo Kylo Ren:

4%2014%2017%20090_zps026zlldt.jpg

LANDO!:

lando_zpsqlmbjnve.jpg

This family is all wearing boots, God bless them:

4%2014%2017%20092_zpsyispx1v6.jpg

That guy in the crosswalk is wearing a Hawaiian shirt with sweat pants.  What's up with that?:

4%2014%2017%20093_zpsl5izkv2p.jpg

This group had good costumes:

4%2014%2017%20096_zpstwzdtu4n.jpg

I think this guy was supposed to be the blind guy in Rogue One (sorry, I don't know his name, but you know- the guy who believed in the force), he wasn't blind, but he had some contacts in that made him look blind:

contacts_zpsulihwsag.jpg

Here goes a middle aged Kylo Ren.  I checked my Bingo card, but there was no square for that.  Again, he was solo:

4%2014%2017%20098_zpsuav9hnm3.jpg

Even though there were too many Kylo Rens, I would rather see them than some of the other things that were listed on the Bingo cards.  Like Dude as Slave Leia.  I'm glad I didn't see one of those.

PSA- leggings are not pants:

4%2014%2017%20099_zpsintbywrs.jpg

If you're still reading along, here's a reward for your persistence- Jedi Merida.  I know you never thought you'd see that:

4%2014%2017%20100_zpsn60oxgnp.jpg

There's a Rey taking a break wondering what the heck is walking by:

4%2014%2017%20102_zpsgtvp49a5.jpg

Hey-is Captain EO leaving already?  Did she just realize that Captain EO is not a Star Wars character?:

4%2014%2017%20104_zpsopgqpnbs.jpg

Does anyone recognize who this lady in the black is supposed to be.  I don't. And I also don't know why they have an empty stroller.  Very strange:

empty%20stroller_zpstdexq11v.jpg

Here's a young Anakin (I think):

anakin_zpsjxgcszez.jpg

And an old Han Solo (I think):

4%2014%2017%20109_zpszho8odyn.jpg

It was past 6:30 pm now, and we had to leave when the party officially started at 7.

Our plan was to hop in line for Toy Story right before 7, and then leave the park immediately after that.  No rule breaking there.

So, we will be heading deeper into the park next.

TCD

I/m FiNdn Ot woh LittLe of a Sta Wors faN i aM.  HowEveR, The drunking gam was W O N D ER F U L .    When the fist movie came out I (like everyone else) Thought it was the greatest thing on earth.  It was so far ahead of it's time.  I have liked all the movies in the series but they were just OK.  No way will  ever wear fur in Florida to a park.  But hay they were fun to look at.  Thanks for the show. 

Since I had to work this afternoon I couldn't take any shots when I was reading earlier. Some people frown upon that when you are taking care of their children. Go figure.

I know I will just re-read throughout the weekend and take the shots then.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I knew this trip report was coming. I was behind the TCD girls when they were getting to device for the TVs, then I went to galatic nights and saw TCD with his camera. I was in a rush to get to Toy Story Mania.

The Rock N Roller Coaster was cool. They changed the lightning and the music.

Then, as I was bringing my Kenny cart back on Saturday, I saw TCD and girls driving their cart. I was the one in the uhaul truck, since I had to borrow their truck.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quick theory on the Popeye shirt and other non_Disney looks:  My eldest son told me he didn't want to wear Disney shirts to the parks.  His reasoning was that everyone would know he liked Disney, since he was there.  By wearing a shirt showing something else, people would know even more about him. 

18 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Jimmy Fallon tight pants guy and his crew are from the cartoon star wars rebals.

Correct, the TPG is Kanan, who is one of the last surviving Jedi and a leader of the Rebels, and the other is Sabine, she is another one of the Rebels.

My boy LOVES Star Wars Rebels which is on the Disney XD channel. It's actually quite good and we both look forward to new episodes. B)

There are several references to the Rebels from this show in Rogue One and their ship and their Droid both are seen briefly in the movie.