On 4/20/2017 at 9:41 AM, ependydad...Doug said:

I'm impressed by the Fort's response to the situation. Sad there's not better communication, but looks like they hit a home run with trying to make do.

I'm over at the Contemporary and there was a note in the room about the burn ban and all Disney camp fires are cancelled. I can see why the boat captain said what he did based on how the wording was. I'll snap a picture later today.

Here it is:

34202619835_ff14fd2316_c.jpgCentral Florida fire ban - all Disney sponsored campfires are cancelled.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really think all of you are missing the new latest Disney upcharge coming, they will supply this grill at your site for a charge to justify upping the site cost another $50. Think I am crazy KOA and

Maybe they drug them down to the Settlement store and shoved them behind it with the rotting away covered wagon.

They will be used for the new dining option at Mickey's Backyard BBQ. Called "Make Your Own Magic", guests, for an additional charge of only $37 per person, can actually discover the magic of cooking

Rain here has been really bad too.  We live up the hill from a creek.  It's usually 5 feet across.  Today it's a couple hundred feet wide.  The dog park near us has a 5' chain link fence around it.  Today we can only see the top of the fence sticking out of the water.  The Yadkin River is also at flood stage.  Thankfully we live about 5 miles from the river.

I like that. In fact enough to run over to our local WalMart and not a one to be found. I even risked asking and getting that "You've got to be kidding. Me help you?" look. I'm kind of jealous y'all seem to get these deals yet they never show up around here.

I bought one of the small Blackstone griddles a while back from our local BJ's warehouse store for about $75. I have to say it's great, if you find one, get it. My only complaint is it uses up the little disposable propane bottles quickly.

53 minutes ago, JMSisko said:

I bought one of the small Blackstone griddles a while back from our local BJ's warehouse store for about $75. I have to say it's great, if you find one, get it. My only complaint is it uses up the little disposable propane bottles quickly.

I figured it would go through the little bottles fast. Since the regulator is not on the grill itself I was planning on adapting it to run off the trailer's external gas line we use for the grill.

I figured it would go through the little bottles fast. Since the regulator is not on the grill itself I was planning on adapting it to run off the trailer's external gas line we use for the grill.

This is what I typically do also. I have made adapters for multiple other propane devices. However, this one seems to have all metric threads for connections and this is making it difficult to find fittings to convert it to the standard rv propane quick disconnects. Looking like I may be required to thread my own adapter to make it work. It's required to adapt M8x1.0 to 1/4"npt.

7 hours ago, JMSisko said:

This is what I typically do also. I have made adapters for multiple other propane devices. However, this one seems to have all metric threads for connections and this is making it difficult to find fittings to convert it to the standard rv propane quick disconnects. Looking like I may be required to thread my own adapter to make it work. It's required to adapt M8x1.0 to 1/4"npt.

That is good to know. Thanks for the info. For the moment as we don't have any on sale around here I'm going to stick to my trusty old Lodge griddle. It fits the trailer cooktop well and it also works great on our Coleman stove that I use outside when cooking something I don't want in the trailer.

6 hours ago, Travisma said:

Where is the regulator?  Is it on the pipe itself?

The regulator is part of the gas bottle adapter that is removed for transport or storage. Here's a link to a picture on the company website. You can see the regulator on the right hand side. The brass fitting is a quick disconnect of some sort.

IMG_5652_02-min-510x600.jpg

9 minutes ago, keith_h said:

That is good to know. Thanks for the info. For the moment as we don't have any on sale around here I'm going to stick to my trusty old Lodge griddle. It fits the trailer cooktop well and it also works great on our Coleman stove that I use outside when cooking something I don't want in the trailer.

The regulator is part of the gas bottle adapter that is removed for transport or storage. Here's a link to a picture on the company website. You can see the regulator on the right hand side. The brass fitting is a quick disconnect of some sort.

IMG_5652_02-min-510x600.jpg

My Coleman Roadtrip grill has a similar setup, and then I have an adapter hose that will fit onto a 20 pound cylinder.

Lots of rain around here, but it is encouraging my bamboo to spread into the yard.  :wacko:  Anyone got a panda that needs feeding?  And for those familiar, River Plantation in Sevierville TN posted a picture showing the river at the top of its bank a couple days ago.  :huh:

Just got a new BJs flyer.

They have the stainless table top grills, although I'm actually considering the bigger portarble grill with legs. I don't have a grill at home at the moment and was debating where to put one. Patio is screen and covered so probably not a great idea. No yard to speak of as I back onto a golf course. Some around here park there grills at the side of the house, but may be simpler for me to buy one of the better portable ones for both at home and camping.3d779c3dda0b15c49c93aef258c488d8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, slices said:

Just got a new BJs flyer.

They have the stainless table top grills, although I'm actually considering the bigger portarble grill with legs. I don't have a grill at home at the moment and was debating where to put one. Patio is screen and covered so probably not a great idea. No yard to speak of as I back onto a golf course. Some around here park there grills at the side of the house, but may be simpler for me to buy one of the better portable ones for both at home and camping.3d779c3dda0b15c49c93aef258c488d8.jpg

My friend bought that one last year and got all the adapter stuff to run to a big propane tank. It's nice. I wish we had it instead of the Road Trip. It's just kind of a pain to get out and set up, whereas this you can just set on a table.

1 hour ago, CJHokie said:

My friend bought that one last year and got all the adapter stuff to run to a big propane tank. It's nice. I wish we had it instead of the Road Trip. It's just kind of a pain to get out and set up, whereas this you can just set on a table.

We got a road trip off of Craigslist at a great discount while we were searching for a Weber portable. It had the adapter hose, a griddle plate, grill plate, and a coiled plate for putting pots on it, looks like an oversized electric stove burner. Plus ours sits on a folding table with wings that open up instead of the rolling legs.

The Road Trip works great, but it does take up a lot of room transporting it in the truck bed (that's what cargo nets are for).

Of course last fall a local Wal_Mart was having a 1/2 off sale on clearance items, and I could've gotten a Weber tabletop for about $45, and they even had the adapter hoses and some other accessories for 1/2 price.

The thing I like about the Road Trip is it has more square footage cooking space, since when we grill it's usually for 6 or more people, so the Weber would be a little on the small side.

10 hours ago, slices said:

Leaning towards getting a road trip, at some point I need to buy a grill for home, a camp stove and possible a gas grill to take camping. It seems this covers all three.

I have used mine at home a few times. With the different plates it has been a huge thing to have during power failure as my house is all electric and I do not yet have a generator. Let me throw in the burner plate and cook with a pot or pan while using a different plate on the second side for other options. I have the xle and I can even get it in the trunk of our Hyundai Elantra. All i have to do is remove one push to release handle from it and put it in separately. 

23 minutes ago, caveat lector said:

Hope some of Midwestern rains have visited Florida. My sump pump hasn't stopped in a week.  We think we saw the sun today,  but nobody could be for sure on what it looks like.

We've had rain on and off since Wednesday in Tampa.  This morning (Friday) the front moved thru, rain is done for at least a week, and temps and humidity have dropped.  We are hitting MK for rope drop Saturday, should be decent weather.

Friday we arrived at the hotel, had planned on hanging out by the pool, but with the low temps and wind, had lunch in the room and napped until it was time to head out for a get together at my in laws hotel.

Saturday was great!  Cool temps till well past noon time, no humidity.  Temps started dropping after dark, but still comfortable to me.

Sunday temps were at least 10 degrees or more warmer all day.  Humidity still low.

• 4 weeks later...

4 - 5 inches of rain over the last two days in the Orlando area.  I received an email stating the burn ban was still in effect for our stay beginning June 14th, but that may change now.  In my area of Lake County they lowered the fire risk to moderate.  In any case, I'm sure the mosquitoes will be making up for lost time.