New to the Fort -- Premium/Pet Friendly

3 hours ago, Pcheftina said:

We will be arriving at the Fort for our first trip in May.  We've booked a premium site, are bringing our 3 pups.  It's just the hubby and I, no kids.  Any suggestions for site loops (all this camping lingo is also pretty new to us).  Only doing one park day.  

Welcome!

What type of RV do you have? Any plans to use a screen room or pitch any extra tents?

Do you plan on taking the dogs to the dog park?  Or, would you rather be closer to a dog walk area?

Do you need to be close to a Comfort Station for laundry or bathroom purposes?

Are you planning to visit the pool and/or Campfire area often during the trip?

Do you plan on eating any meals at Trails' End?

TCD

TCD --  we have a StarCraft Travel Star TT -- 31 ish ft. (I am a girl)  with a slide.  We do have a screen room. Our pups are a 4 y/o Flat Coat Retriever, 2 y/o Maltese and a 12 y/o Boxer.  They are used to having more room to play during the day, so we believe that they will definitely have some energy to burn and the dog park will be welcome.  Don't need the comfort station or bathrooms, as we have bathroom & shower on board.  We will visit the pool and we have reservations for Hoop Di Doo Review our first night.  We'll have our bikes and maybe even our golf cart (not sure about that since we just bought a new truck to pull the camper and aren't sure if the TT & GC will work together.  We are planning only one day at Epcot and plan to split our time -- morning early afternoon at the park, come back, hang with the pups, eat dinner, then head back to Epcot to tour the world and watch the fireworks. 

On 4/24/2017 at 4:30 AM, Pcheftina said:

We will be arriving at the Fort for our first trip in May.  We've booked a premium site, are bringing our 3 pups.  It's just the hubby and I, no kids.  Any suggestions for site loops (all this camping lingo is also pretty new to us).  Only doing one park day.  

First of all...welcome. 

Im sure TCD will be along shortly to give you.  Some expert advice. I'm sure, whichever loop you get, will be a great one. And I'm sure you all will have a fantastic trip. 

11 hours ago, Pcheftina said:

TCD --  we have a StarCraft Travel Star TT -- 31 ish ft. (I am a girl)  with a slide.  We do have a screen room. Our pups are a 4 y/o Flat Coat Retriever, 2 y/o Maltese and a 12 y/o Boxer.  They are used to having more room to play during the day, so we believe that they will definitely have some energy to burn and the dog park will be welcome.  Don't need the comfort station or bathrooms, as we have bathroom & shower on board.  We will visit the pool and we have reservations for Hoop Di Doo Review our first night.  We'll have our bikes and maybe even our golf cart (not sure about that since we just bought a new truck to pull the camper and aren't sure if the TT & GC will work together.  We are planning only one day at Epcot and plan to split our time -- morning early afternoon at the park, come back, hang with the pups, eat dinner, then head back to Epcot to tour the world and watch the fireworks. 

In my opinion, the 500 loop would be best for you.

That puts you close to the dog park, and not too far from the pool.

You will be on the Yellow bus line, which will get you back and forth to the Settlement and Outpost efficiently in the event that you are not able to bring the golf cart.

Second choice would be 400.

Have a great time!

TCD

What TCD said.  :)

If you can, try and avoid the handful of sites about midway through 500 on the outside.  They back up pretty close to the sidewalk/road.  We usually put up a pen for our dogs behind the TT and one time a woman walking down the sidewalk with her kids just walked right into our site unannounced to come "say hi" to our dog.  (eek)

Otherwise the sites in 500 are really nice and pretty roomy to boot. And as TCD mentioned, location is very convenient.

Oh and welcome to Fort Fiends!!