Walking through Disney Springs this morning my wife and I saw that Portabello is closed with a construction wall around it.  In addition, the sign that used to be on the restaurant with the restaurant's name is now gone.  Don't know if it is just a refurb or if the changes will bring a new name:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/restaurants/best-orlando-restaurants/os-et-portobello-20170327-story.html

3 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Looking forward to seeing what the refurb brings.  I've heard mixed reviews on Portobello over the years and it always seemed a bit tucked away and forgotten.  Hopefully this gives it a boost.  What I've seen/heard of the Paddlefish refurb (also Levy) is promising!

Portabello's wasn't bad, and it was rarely crowded.  It was a really nice looking restaurant inside.  Maybe it was a little too much like a typical Italian restaurant in that people went more for a restaurant that wasn't just like one in their home town.

2 hours ago, djsamuel said:

Portabello's wasn't bad, and it was rarely crowded.  It was a really nice looking restaurant inside.  Maybe it was a little too much like a typical Italian restaurant in that people went more for a restaurant that wasn't just like one in their home town.

Agreed! I've eaten there a couple of times, and the food was good, and the service was good, but it was just nothing special. I'm on vacation, I want unique experiences. I try very hard to do/eat stuff I can't do easily at home.

19 hours ago, djsamuel said:

Maybe it was a little too much like a typical Italian restaurant in that people went more for a restaurant that wasn't just like one in their home town.

Good point!

16 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

... it was just nothing special. I'm on vacation, I want unique experiences. I try very hard to do/eat stuff I can't do easily at home.

Agreed!  My unofficial "rule" on vacation is to avoid stuff II can easily cook/get at home.

17 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Agreed! I've eaten there a couple of times, and the food was good, and the service was good, but it was just nothing special. I'm on vacation, I want unique experiences. I try very hard to do/eat stuff I can't do easily at home.

Same here. We have lots of good Italian options, so it has to be something really good to do Italian on vacation. I'm looking at you, Via Napoli pizza! 

4 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Same here. We have lots of good Italian options, so it has to be something really good to do Italian on vacation. I'm looking at you, Via Napoli pizza! 

That I agree with.  There are some REALLY good Italian restaurants around Orlando, REALLY exceptional.  But Via Napoli is different enough that I enjoy eating there occasionally.  I haven't been in Tutto Italia Ristorante in ages since it is more expensive and not as good as some of the local Italian restaurants we go to frequently (I love Italian food).  But Via Napoli is always a treat, even at those prices.