I am looking for opinions on the 2100 loop, generally on whether you would recommend staying there or not, along with specifics that led to those opinions.

For background, I have a reservation for a Full site in the Fall, and I have stayed at all of the Full loops except 2100. I was thinking of giving it a try, as I passed on it last year shortly after the conversion.

Reasons I want to consider 2100:

1) walking distance to the Wilderness pool/hot tub

2) served by both the Purple and Orange lines, so easier to get to/from the Outpost depot

3) try out a new loop 

My go-to Full loop is 1600, so does anyone think there would be any major reason I should avoid 2100 and go for that instead?

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 5:04 PM, OdysseusMontezuma said:

Reasons I want to consider 2100:

1) walking distance to the Wilderness pool/hot tub

The walk from 2100 to the pool is three times as long as the walk from 1600 to the pool.

Check this out- I measured from the closest walking exit from each of those loops to the pool:

1600%20to%20pool_zpsp4vfi8xw.jpg

2100%20to%20pool_zpsmmdhp3to.jpg

Your thought about the bus service  being better may or may not be true, as the Orange and Purple routes both travel through the cabin loops on the way to the Outpost, and the extra time you might save by having two bus routes serving you could be lost by the stops in the cabin loops.  The Yellow bus is non-stop from the 1600-1900 loop bus stop to the Outpost.

I might give the 2100 loop a try some day, but there are some things about it I don't like:

1.  The sites are a lot more open than on the other full hook-up sites- no vegetation between the sites and less trees in the loop.

2.  Depending on where you end up on the loop, the comfort station could be a long walk.  On 1600, there is a comfort station near the loop entrance, and another half-way around the loop.

3.  I don't like how the grills and picnic tables are located in bump outs on the sides of the sites instead of in the back like the other full hook-up loops.

4. The coquina pads on all of the 2100 sites are substantially smaller than on the full hook-ups.  That may not be a big deal if you don't use typically use that space, but that's where I like to have my picnic table, rain fly and cooking area.

That said, it's a camping loop at the Fort, and that makes it better than any campsite you will find anywhere else.

TCD

30 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Did you measure from exiting onto Big Pine Drive to the pool, or cutting thru 1100 then going down the path along Wilderness trail and cutting behind the Trading Post?

I can believe it's further than 1600, but the shortcut may reduce that 3 times as long number

Yes, that is taking the shortcut past the comfort station and walking around the 1100 loop, crossing to the walkway adjacent to the 1300 loop, and crossing over the bridge behind the Meadow TP.  I have posted a screen shot of the path, which you will see when you check on your home computer.

27 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

It's not too far from the smaller pool.

That's true.  The small pool is closer to the 2100 loop, but it's still further than the big pool is from the 1600 loop:

2100%20to%20cabin%20pool_zpsrxmpdh4u.jpg

One thing I meant to take a look at, but didn't is how far the big pool is from 1800 and 1900- it's about as far to the big pool from those loops as it is from the 2100 loop:

1800%201900%20to%20pool_zpsqku1guct.jpg

TCD

The only redeeming qualities to the 2100 loop for me are:

If you are camping with other people that want some other level of accommodations.  It’s close to the partial and premium campsites as well as the Cabins.  The best thing is it added a few more campsites, giving me a little better chance to get in the resort.    

Thanks, everyone, for the insight.

Extra thanks to TCD for the distance calculations. It's interesting that the Wilderness pool is almost the same distance from 2100 as the Meadow pool. Staying in 900 and 1600, I have been a bit dismayed by the crowds at the Meadow hot tub. The lifeguard there told me the Wilderness would be a better bet. So I thought 2100 was just a short walk away. It's actually not a very long walk, just seems further than I thought.

As for reason #2, I agree that you can't beat the Yellow bus. Not only because it runs express to the cloverleaf, but also because it becomes the Lodge bus at Settlement Depot. That's really handy not only to get to/from MK, but also any parks that share bus routes with the Lodge. I just figured the Purple/Orange combo might run more frequently enough to offset the additional Peacock Pass stops.

I would have to say that my reason #3 is probably the main driving force behind my consideration of 2100. As of early 2017, I've stayed in 13 different loops, so 2100 would get me to half and half on my loop bagging.

However, one could see my conflict with passing on 1600 for a trip. It is, perhaps, my favorite loop in the park. So why mess with the formula? 

All in all, though, it may be what TCD said about the trees that would most likely dissuade me from choosing 2100. I did walk through there at night and had a pretty clear view of the roadway from in the loop and of the campers from the roadway. One of the things I like the most about the Fort is the relative isolation it offers (900 was a great loop for this), mainly because of the trees. I'm not sure if the openness of 2100 would diminish that effect considerably.

We will see in the Fall, I suppose...

20 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The coquina pads on all of the 2100 sites are substantially smaller than on the full hook-ups.  That may not be a big deal if you don't use typically use that space, but that's where I like to have my picnic table, rain fly and cooking area.

Smaller in width or are the sites shorter?  Right now, we're in a full hook-up for Thanksgiving.  Hoping that a premium site will open up however, if it doesn't, we were going to request the 2100 loop.  Having said that... our new rig is 40'.  Width doesn't bother me as much as this trip, but length... well, we'll need to fit ;) 

10 hours ago, OdysseusMontezuma said:

I would have to say that my reason #3 is probably the main driving force behind my consideration of 2100. As of early 2017, I've stayed in 13 different loops, so 2100 would get me to half and half on my loop bagging.

I think that's a pretty good reason.  I've been assigned to loops and to sites that I thought I wouldn't like, but I ended up liking them just fine.

I would take any site at the Fort over a site in any other campground.

18 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Smaller in width or are the sites shorter?  Right now, we're in a full hook-up for Thanksgiving.  Hoping that a premium site will open up however, if it doesn't, we were going to request the 2100 loop.  Having said that... our new rig is 40'.  Width doesn't bother me as much as this trip, but length... well, we'll need to fit ;) 

From what I've seen the concrete slabs are shorter and narrower. I don't think they widened any of them, and they added very little depth to them when the cabins were removed.  The coquina pads are all smaller than what exists on the other full hook up loops.  Since there are less trees and other vegetation, you probably could get your 40' trailer in most of the sites.

TCD

4 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

From what I've seen the concrete slabs are shorter and narrower. I don't think they widened any of them, and they added very little depth to them when the cabins were removed.  The coquina pads are all smaller than what exists on the other full hook up loops.  Since there are less trees and other vegetation, you probably could get your 40' trailer in most of the sites.

TCD

Thanks.  I'll take a closer look at all the full loops, when we're there in October.

Some of the sites in the 2100 loop are considerable shorter.  Also, some of them back to water.  Backing to water would not be good for us when we travel with our grandkids or when the mosquitoes are bad.  We walked through the loop during our last visit and noted some sites that would work for us.  We have a 39 foot diesel and sometimes tow an enclosed trailer for supplies.

We have checked out 2100 a couple of times when looping, just to see if we would like it.  I think TCD directly hits the issues that would not make this loop a first pick for us.  However, once we made reservations with only a couple days notice, and would gladly take 2100 if that was our only option.  Being at the Fort IS being at the Fort. B)

On 5/5/2017 at 7:57 AM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Some of the sites in the 2100 loop are much deeper than others.  Since you specify your length, they will probably get you in one of the longer sites.

1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

Some of the sites in the 2100 loop are much deeper than others.  Since you specify your length, they will probably get you in one of the longer sites.

Thanks.  We're going to walk the loop in October (so we'll know which ones to request)  and then beg for a premium site when we check in November :P

On 2017-05-08 at 8:21 AM, djsamuel said:

djsamuel we have a 35' Class A and are towing an Equinox and have requested loop 2100 in April of next year to be close to our daughter in cabin loop 2300 (we hope). We have made a notation to call down to confirm our site # before we leave Canada and are interested in the last 4 before exiting the loop. I hope one of those will be long enough at least for the RV, we can always park the Equinox at the cabin if necessary.

• 4 months later...
On 5/8/2017 at 9:47 AM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Thanks.  We're going to walk the loop in October (so we'll know which ones to request)  and then beg for a premium site when we check in November :P

twiceblessed....nacole, it would be great to hear your thoughts on 2100 loop after your October visit and see what you think of any of the last 4 sites. Have a great time!

12 hours ago, morrik5 said:

twiceblessed....nacole, it would be great to hear your thoughts on 2100 loop after your October visit and see what you think of any of the last 4 sites. Have a great time!

You bet.  Right now I've been able to snag premium for most of our Thanksgiving trip, but we're still in a full for the last three nights...so (if they make us change), I think we'd request the 2100 loop.  We'll be looping that here, this next week.

On 5/5/2017 at 8:16 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Agreed-here's our recent observations. Pictures and description Disney supplies of "Full Hookup Site" don't apply to 2100. They are misleading. Concrete pads are shorter and narrower with a Coquina pad at the back that accommodates a backpacking tent. Sites vary from backing up to small creek opposite the tent camping loop, smaller crowded wooded sites backing up to loop 1100, others backing up to a crossroads and bus stop. Saw many trucks and cars parked in the roadway as Class A's and trailers tried to squeeze by and left instead of staying.  The entrance to the loop is very tight! One advantage is its close to the Wilderness Pool but be aware it has no lifeguard, no CM's or food service.  This loop works well for Class B and Class C coaches under 30'.   Class A's and trailers are doable but would probably be much more comfortable in another loop. 

• 10 months later...

We stayed in 2100, site 2135 to be exact. Our MH is 32 feet with an additional few feet on back for an attached trailer. The sites are short and narrow but we fit. We also have a 5 person tent that we set up between the sites. We were definitely tight but it worked. The loop was really quiet and nicely decorated for Christmas. On a golf cart getting to the comfort station is a little tricky as there was not a spot to park a golf cart. We had a golfcart and visited parks almost everyday. My children enjoyed walking to the Meadows for hot chocolate and the path along the creek is great for walking your dog. 

14 hours ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

We stayed in 2100, site 2135 to be exact. Our MH is 32 feet with an additional few feet on back for an attached trailer. The sites are short and narrow but we fit. We also have a 5 person tent that we set up between the sites. We were definitely tight but it worked. The loop was really quiet and nicely decorated for Christmas. On a golf cart getting to the comfort station is a little tricky as there was not a spot to park a golf cart. We had a golfcart and visited parks almost everyday. My children enjoyed walking to the Meadows for hot chocolate and the path along the creek is great for walking your dog. 

Great feedback...thank you.