Many loops are half empty some three-quarters empty and the place looks like a ghost town.

The 300 loop and 1600 loop are completely empty and it appears they might be about to do some work on 300 as there is a machine in it.

They have put almost everyone on 1700, 1800, and 1900. The 1700 and 1800 have only one empty space in each and 1900 has only 12 empty.

Probably just the time of the year, but it's been some time since we have found it this empty.  No traffic on the roads and no golf carts to dodge.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What it comes  down to is that Disney's reservation system just sucks. They overbook when there are empty sites, they screw people over to try and make more money. They make it difficult as hell for s

Many loops are half empty some three-quarters empty and the place looks like a ghost town. The 300 loop and 1600 loop are completely empty and it appears they might be about to do some work on 30

I was thinking the same thing. We are headed down next week, and a small fort crowd would be nice. 

4 hours ago, southernview -- Ray said:

Many loops are half empty some three-quarters empty and the place looks like a ghost town.

The 300 loop and 1600 loop are completely empty and it appears they might be about to do some work on 300 as there is a machine in it.

They have put almost everyone on 1700, 1800, and 1900. The 1700 and 1800 have only one empty space in each and 1900 has only 12 empty.

Probably just the time of the year, but it's been some time since we have found it this empty.  No traffic on the roads and no golf carts to dodge.

The question is are the parks empty also?

32 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

The question is are the parks empty also?

Hollywood Studios was pretty busy today and looking at the wait for rides at MK, they were packed. 4 or 5 rides had at least and 80 minute wait over there.

I posted under loops but 1600 had 1 class a in there earlier when we rode the bikes through. They were doing tree trimming when we rode by. Not sure about 300 as we didnt head over there.

I will agree through, never seen the fort this dead. 1200 is about 2/3 full, 1300 is about the same, 1400 is about 1/3 full, not to sure but 2100 looks dead as well.

Tomorrow is a park day but if I get some free time I will try and check out some other loops.

4 hours ago, southernview -- Ray said:

Hey which site/loop are you in and how long are You here? We are here until saturday morning.

37 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

Well a coworker of mine tried to get a reservation for later this month and there was nothing. Only tent sites.

Not surprising. They clearly block off loops this time of the year so they can do maintenance things.  It seems like it is always hard to score a reservation in May, but when you go to the Fort, you will see totally empty loops.

TCD 

1 hour ago, LONE-STAR said:

Well a coworker of mine tried to get a reservation for later this month and there was nothing. Only tent sites.

There's always a big difference once you get near Memorial day.  We check in tomorrow, so hopefully it won't be too crowded.  We normally go Mother's Day weekend and it is usually pretty nice.  I don't know how packed it will get this weekend with the beginning of the new fireworks.

6 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Not surprising. They clearly block off loops this time of the year so they can do maintenance things.  It seems like it is always hard to score a reservation in May, but when you go to the Fort, you will see totally empty loops.

TCD 

Yes, they are doing tree work in 1600.

I haven't been back by 300 yet, but they had a small excavator bucket machine in there yesterday.

5 hours ago, southernview -- Ray said:

We are in 1912 until the end of the week.

Rode my bike by a few minutes ago and no one was out. I didnt want to knock and cause any worry. It is spooky back there in 1900 right now with most campers having their lights off and part of that loop is empty.

5 hours ago, southernview -- Ray said:

We are in 1912 until the end of the week.

Rode my bike by a few minutes ago and no one was out. I didnt want to knock and cause any worry. It is spooky back there in 1900 right now with most campers having their lights off and part of that loop is empty.

Checked in today and the place was pretty empty. 300 loop is still closed, but plenty of spots in 100 and 200. Wait for Space Mountain today was 30 minutes. Pirates was 20, and Rides like Little Mermaid and Small World were 10. Stayed for the next to last Wishes, and it was a bit more crowded then. I think tomorrow will be crowded for the last Wishes

10 hours ago, djsamuel said:

Checked in today and the place was pretty empty. 300 loop is still closed, but plenty of spots in 100 and 200. Wait for Space Mountain today was 30 minutes. Pirates was 20, and Rides like Little Mermaid and Small World were 10. Stayed for the next to last Wishes, and it was a bit more crowded then. I think tomorrow will be crowded for the last Wishes

Sounds like a good time to be there.  Enjoy!!

11 hours ago, djsamuel said:

Checked in today and the place was pretty empty. 300 loop is still closed,

I didn't realize that the entire 300 loop is closed.

We had a report a couple of weeks ago that the 1300 loop was closed for paving.

I came across this Notice of Commencement from a paving contractor- it looks like they will be doing repaving in the maintenance parking lot and at the cabin pool as well:

NOC%20p%201_zpscnpjhass.jpg

NOC%20p%202_zpsfk6owe3t.jpg

NOC%20p.%203_zpsqjnip5zv.jpg

NOC%20p.4_zps8sbvff53.jpg

NOC%20p.%205_zpsipmlcnxa.jpg

There was a post on this board about paving going on in the main parking lot this week.  That work isn't covered by this NOC.  Is the main parking lot being repaved?

TCD

10 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I didn't realize that the entire 300 loop is closed.

We had a report a couple of weeks ago that the 1300 loop was closed for paving.

I came across this Notice of Commencement from a paving contractor- it looks like they will be doing repaving in the maintenance parking lot and at the cabin pool as well:

NOC%20p%201_zpscnpjhass.jpg

NOC%20p%202_zpsfk6owe3t.jpg

NOC%20p.%203_zpsqjnip5zv.jpg

NOC%20p.4_zps8sbvff53.jpg

NOC%20p.%205_zpsipmlcnxa.jpg

There was a post on this board about paving going on in the main parking lot this week.  That work isn't covered by this NOC.  Is the main parking lot being repaved?

TCD

Its hard to tell if it is being repaved or just sealed. The signs out front are not descriptive and the machines they had up there look like they are just to reseal everything. They had about half the lot closed yesterday or the day before. I dodnt payattention when I just came through there to see where things are. May ride up there later on the bike and take a look and see where things are at. 

Just rode the bike around some and it is starting to fill back in. Probably the weekend warriors.

Also rode back up front. Currently the lot directly beside the outpost is closed. Sign says repaving and striping but wht they have done just appears to be resealed and striped. The remaining portion of the overflow lots are open and pretty full tonight.

1 hour ago, rtguy007 said:

Just rode the bike around some and it is starting to fill back in. Probably the weekend warriors.

Also rode back up front. Currently the lot directly beside the outpost is closed. Sign says repaving and striping but wht they have done just appears to be resealed and striped. The remaining portion of the overflow lots are open and pretty full tonight.

Missed you again, rode by your site right before dark and no one was there.

We rode our bikes over to Wilderness Lodge and were just coming back from there about the time you were out riding around 9:45 or so.

Sorry, we missed you, we are leaving in the morning.

14 hours ago, southernview -- Ray said:

Missed you again, rode by your site right before dark and no one was there.

We rode our bikes over to Wilderness Lodge and were just coming back from there about the time you were out riding around 9:45 or so.

Sorry, we missed you, we are leaving in the morning.

Thats actually pretty funny. That was aboit the time I was riding over through 1900 before riding up front.  Hopefully we will meet you some time.