Was at Sams today and noticed that they are now carrying the original Big Green Egg for $1200.  They still have an off brand black one, but you have to hunt for it.

They also have the double cot tent for $200 which is the cot with a tent built over it.

I saw Yeti soft coolers, not sure of the price, and commercial grade EZ ups for $200.

Summer is in full swing!

gotta make money while you can!
on the yeti soft coolers were they the top zip or side zip?  AKA the hopper or the hopper TWO

I ask because the top zip is the old version and should be about $100 less than the newer side zip.
Personally i have the top zip and didnt want the side zip

for reference this is side zip aka hopper two

yeti-hoppertwo-20-gray-1.jpg

where as this is the top zip aka hopper

Yeti-Hopper-30-Gear-Patrol-Lead-Full-Cen

I got the hopper 30 on our last trip to Ft Desoto as we needed a beach cooler, I put ice and drinks in it on Tuesday, and on Saturday when cleaning up at home the Ice was gone, but the drinks were still in the mid 40's using my temp gun, I never added more ice, just the inital cold drinks we had:12 beers, 8 bottles of water and 6 soda's and 10 lbs of ice, we would replace the drinks as needed from the campsite at night but never any more ice.

I know you have a pop up like i do, so we use high performance coolers on trips as the fridge in the camper is just too small and sometimes hard to pack as you have to pop it up and slide a bed out to get to it. I have an Engel 35 but I am looking to get a 65 by engel or yeti.  we have had the same results with the Engel cooler vs the Coleman extreme, the Coleman ice lasts a up to 2 days where as i get 4+ out of the engel... now before anyone says they are overpriced let me tell you how i justify it... food saftey
I know my food will be in the safe zone in the yeti/ engel coolers much longer than any other cooler I have/ use... and not being sick with tummy troubles while camping is worth the cost.  food safety is under 40 or over140

3 hours ago, swimmarz said:

gotta make money while you can!
on the yeti soft coolers were they the top zip or side zip?  AKA the hopper or the hopper TWO

I ask because the top zip is the old version and should be about $100 less than the newer side zip.
Personally i have the top zip and didnt want the side zip

for reference this is side zip aka hopper two

yeti-hoppertwo-20-gray-1.jpg

where as this is the top zip aka hopper

Yeti-Hopper-30-Gear-Patrol-Lead-Full-Cen

I got the hopper 30 on our last trip to Ft Desoto as we needed a beach cooler, I put ice and drinks in it on Tuesday, and on Saturday when cleaning up at home the Ice was gone, but the drinks were still in the mid 40's using my temp gun, I never added more ice, just the inital cold drinks we had:12 beers, 8 bottles of water and 6 soda's and 10 lbs of ice, we would replace the drinks as needed from the campsite at night but never any more ice.

I know you have a pop up like i do, so we use high performance coolers on trips as the fridge in the camper is just too small and sometimes hard to pack as you have to pop it up and slide a bed out to get to it. I have an Engel 35 but I am looking to get a 65 by engel or yeti.  we have had the same results with the Engel cooler vs the Coleman extreme, the Coleman ice lasts a up to 2 days where as i get 4+ out of the engel... now before anyone says they are overpriced let me tell you how i justify it... food saftey
I know my food will be in the safe zone in the yeti/ engel coolers much longer than any other cooler I have/ use... and not being sick with tummy troubles while camping is worth the cost.  food safety is under 40 or over140

Not sure, possibly the side zip, and they don't list them on their website. Not even sure of the price, was just surprised to see them and a real Big Green Egg.

We've had good  luck with our Extremes.  We try to keep them in the shade and we have ice last 4 days. Reflectix or a silver reflective truck window shade helps a , and keeping the grandkids out really keeps the ice longer.

On 5/21/2017 at 7:19 AM, swimmarz said:

I know you have a pop up like i do, so we use high performance coolers on trips as the fridge in the camper is just too small and sometimes hard to pack as you have to pop it up and slide a bed out to get to it. 

We have an extra dorm sized fridge w/freezer for our pop up. It cools down super fast, nothing like the built in, which we just use for drinks. We pack in a cooler only until we are on site, then just transfer everything to the fridge. Much easier to deal with than a cooler for the entire trip. 

Be aware that Big Green Egg products purchased at Sam's Club do not come with the lifetime warranty. And If it was just the Egg, then that price can be beaten by an Authorized Big Green Egg dealer.

I agree $1200 isn't a good price. How will they know if you buy it there or elsewhere though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk