DW and I have decided that we are going to start looking for a new rig for purchase in the spring of 18. We have it narrowed down to the Cougar 327rlk 5th wheel. It checks all of our boxes, tinted windows, free standing table, 2 couches, real shower, auto leveling, power awning, washer and dryer hookup AND most importantly,  an outside kitchen.  We reallllly want a class a, but we don't want to settle just to get one, and that means the what we want is waaaaayyyyy out of our price range for the next ten years. We already have a great truck so we figure use what we have for a tow vehicle.  We want to keep the weight to  around 10.5k lbs. so we don't beat up our truck too much. Anyone own a similar model? Horror stories?  Positives?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks everyone!  I'm most happy about being able to provide content to this forum that I get so much enjoyment reading.   I'm not always in the know about current Disney events, and not one to p

By definition, aren't cougers usually a bit older? Sent from my handheld doohickie

I forgot that's what yours was....I remember our discussions now.  Maybe I'll look into that.  Always looking for an excuse to come to Florida.  

Posted Images

Take a trip in September to the RV Show in Hershey, try to attend mid week as the weekend is just plain crazy, I have heard stories of 2-3 hours just to get there with the traffic then get parked so far away you start to think is this really worth it.

On 5/29/2017 at 8:18 PM, PGHFiend said:

DW and I have decided that we are going to start looking for a new rig for purchase in the spring of 18. We have it narrowed down to the Cougar 327rlk 5th wheel. It checks all of our boxes, tinted windows, free standing table, 2 couches, real shower, auto leveling, power awning, washer and dryer hookup AND most importantly,  an outside kitchen.  We reallllly want a class a, but we don't want to settle just to get one, and that means the what we want is waaaaayyyyy out of our price range for the next ten years. We already have a great truck so we figure use what we have for a tow vehicle.  We want to keep the weight to  around 10.5k lbs. so we don't beat up our truck too much. Anyone own a similar model? Horror stories?  Positives?

We just purchased a Cougar... but it's too early to really give any feedback.  I'll try and reach out to you, in a few months.

2 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

Surprised no one here has a newer cougar. 

We bought a Cougar x-lite in the spring of 2014, it's a 26SAB fifth wheel.  We've used it quite a bit and have had no big complaints.  We actually never had anything go wrong that I needed to bring in for warranty work so I guess that's a win.   It pulls great and everything works. :)  I do think about things that I would want different on the next one but it's not against Cougar it just upgrades.  I'd like a taller ceiling in the bedroom, more storage, black or brown trim on the exterior, the white on mine mildews bad.  

I think you'll be happy with the Cougar!

WBI

On 5/31/2017 at 8:20 AM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

We just purchased a Cougar... but it's too early to really give any feedback.  I'll try and reach out to you, in a few months.

I forgot that's what yours was....I remember our discussions now. 

On 5/31/2017 at 2:39 PM, Travisma said:

Book a stay at the Fort, then head over to the big RV show in Tampa.

http://www.frvta.org/show/florida-rv-supershow/

January 16-21 2018

Maybe I'll look into that.  Always looking for an excuse to come to Florida.

As a former Cougar owner 301BHS 2006 model, overall we were satisfied with fit, finish, and design.  However, all of my decals started peeling about 3-4 years into ownership,  This was very disappointing and shouldn't have happened.  By the time I sold it two years ago, it looked awful and probably cost me more that $2,000 in additional depreciation.   Keystone would not address what was a factory defect (take a look around and you'll see lots of Cougars/Keystones with peeling decals).  I did find a keystone owners site  to compare notes and it is a great resource.  http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/

Hope they got their problems fixed - good luck

• 2 weeks later...

867aaabe94dc67a4f887e2cbda93f59e.jpg2426c07e03b9f851520b86a956f6a945.jpg

For sale, my "slightly" damaged 2015 Montana Mountaineer 375 flf. Ya that's all 3 SB lanes of I-75 in Florida on our way to the fort. Luckily no one hurt. Progressive total replacement coverage. Picking up our new 2017 Montana 3731 next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dogdiver, that's some tough pictures to look at, glad all are of and a new unit also. Just curious any info to add as to why the accident happened? Enjoy the new camper and safer travels for you

Well, it was the perfect setup for disaster. All 3 SB lanes recently paved, not the shoulder. Service truck on the shoulder with flashers. I'm in the right lane just as an 18 wheeler in the center lane. Sandwiched between them doing 65 mph. When the 18 wheeler cleared me a gust of wind hit me. The Montana with our brand new smart trailer swivel wheel with our golf cart started to fish tail. 50 years of driving in Michigan ice and snow enabled me to keep the truck upright and pointing straight. I just couldn't hold it as the 5er jackknifed and slammed into the passenger door. Then my B&W sheared like it was supposed to.

37544bf081e210920a5af2800784477a.jpg06837bde65432b4948864d1b014e4acc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk