Mountain Falls - Lake Toxaway, NC

We just spent the weekend at Mountain Falls Luxury Motorcoach Resort. I know a lot of RV parks use the word "resort" but this was easily the fanciest place we've ever "camped". It is Class A only and we had to send them our make & model before being accepted. I've never in my life seen so many Prevosts in one place. Didn't get pics of everything but will share the ones I got. They had 2 pools, a tennis court, 4 pickleball courts, and a 9 hole par 3 golf course. People own individual sites and rent them out so they are all different.  We were in the lower section, and there were some incredible shelters & outdoor kitchens. But...on the new upper section, along with awesome views of the mountains there are super fancy cottages on most of the sites. Not sure why you wouldn't just build a nice house on the mountain somewhere if you wanted a house, but that's just me. On to the pics!

Our site: Oh, BTW, most of the sites you are not allowed to use their fireplaces, but this one said we could. Also, if you are renting one with a cottage, you do not have access to that.

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

DSCF1561.jpg

DSCF1564.jpg

DSCF1567.jpg

The very nice clubhouse:

DSCF1568.jpg

Some of the sites with the cottages:

DSCF1569.jpg

DSCF1570.jpg

An empty upper site:

DSCF1571.jpg

14 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Thanks for the info and pics.  I've been wondering about this resort.  

We picked the lower level because 1) it was cheaper and 2) the sites we saw available online on the upper were just basic, while the lower ones had the kitchens & fireplaces, etc.

But now after being there we would get an upper level one for the views. We already have everything we need on our MH, so a basic site would be fine. We didn't even use the grill on our site because the grates were so rusty it grossed me out. And our chairs are more comfy than those they had. Plus everything not under furniture covers was covered in pollen (table, counter, etc.)

We paid $95/night, which is still cheaper than we've ever paid at the Fort.

4 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Would you consider this resort to be family friendly, or more adult oriented?

Well, in general Class A owners seem to be more adults only, but I would consider it pretty family friendly. We had some kids riding bikes near us the whole weekend and I saw a big family in a MH that I'm sure was a rental. We certainly traipsed around the golf course with our 2 clubs each several times over the weekend. I did see someone complaining on rv park reviews about kids in the hot tub & pool right at sunset (like they should be banned just at that time). We were right above the lower pool (which is heated with gas) and it was a little noisy a couple of times but nothing I'd be upset over. We went to the upper pool once without the kids (they don't do campground pools for some reason). It had a different heating system and was a little chilly. There was one family there who left right after we got there, and then one family showed up later.

We did not take our bikes anticipating big hills and were right. But if you have little kids that just want to ride in a small area, it's fine.

As far as pets go (I know, you didn't ask. ;-) ), they do not have a dog park but do have waste stations all around. Mr. CJHokie spoke with an owner at the top for a while, and he said there's a big debate among the owners about a dog park. 

I think there are a couple of walking trails but anyone can walk on the golf cart paths too. 

Gorges State Park is a pretty short drive. We did a hike to Rainbow Falls. Saw lots of families on that, but it is rated strenuous for the fact that it's pretty much all uphill on the way back out.

16 minutes ago, CJHokie said:

Well, in general Class A owners seem to be more adults only, but I would consider it pretty family friendly. We had some kids riding bikes near us the whole weekend and I saw a big family in a MH that I'm sure was a rental. We certainly traipsed around the golf course with our 2 clubs each several times over the weekend. I did see someone complaining on rv park reviews about kids in the hot tub & pool right at sunset (like they should be banned just at that time). We were right above the lower pool (which is heated with gas) and it was a little noisy a couple of times but nothing I'd be upset over. We went to the upper pool once without the kids (they don't do campground pools for some reason). It had a different heating system and was a little chilly. There was one family there who left right after we got there, and then one family showed up later.

We did not take our bikes anticipating big hills and were right. But if you have little kids that just want to ride in a small area, it's fine.

As far as pets go (I know, you didn't ask. ;-) ), they do not have a dog park but do have waste stations all around. Mr. CJHokie spoke with an owner at the top for a while, and he said there's a big debate among the owners about a dog park. 

I think there are a couple of walking trails but anyone can walk on the golf cart paths too. 

Gorges State Park is a pretty short drive. We did a hike to Rainbow Falls. Saw lots of families on that, but it is rated strenuous for the fact that it's pretty much all uphill on the way back out.

Thanks!  If I spent a few days there with my gang, the owners may opt at their next meeting to implement some restrictions on families.  LOL.  But it sure looks like a pretty spot.