It's time to make ADRs for our December trip to the Fort, and I'm looking for restaurant suggestions. We've been to WDW many times and done most of the usual and popular spots. I'd like to hear from fellow Fiends about their favorite dining spots. Thanks.

1 hour ago, keith_h said:

The same for us however we usually forgo reservations and eat at a table in the lounge for the California Grill.

Same here and it's probably our favorite of all WDW.

Sanaa - AK Lodge
Sometimes we go to the lounge just to get the bread service.  :)

The Wave (we've had an easy time snagging a seat in the lounge/bar here pretty much every time) - Contemporary

Narcoosees - Grand Floridian

Monsieur Paul (pricey but worth it) - France, Epcot

Brown Derby: outside lounge (diff menu) or inside - HS

50s Prime Time - HS

Yachtsman - Yacht Club

Some good new places at Disney Springs:

Boathouse

Homecoming

Morimoto's

Raglan Road (not new but one of our favorites)

20 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I third the Sanaa recommendation.

The bread service is a lot of food for a low price.

We have been there a lot lately just for that.

TCD

DH and I have gone to the lounge there and ordered the bread service and one butter chicken entree to split and left very full.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. A number of them are among our favorites too: Le Cellier, Artist's Point, Brown Derby, Olivia's, California Grill, 50's Prime Time Cafe, 'Ohana. 

6 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

DH and I have gone to the lounge there and ordered the bread service and one butter chicken entree to split and left very full.

On 6/14/2017 at 1:22 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

I third the Sanaa recommendation.

The bread service is a lot of food for a low price.

We have been there a lot lately just for that.

TCD

It's been years since we visited the AK hotel, and I'm intrigued by Sanaa since it received 3 votes and we've never eaten there. Does the bread service include all 5 breads, or is it pick one? Which are the tastiest accompaniments? 

I'm also looking at the Boathouse at DS.

1 minute ago, ceemike...Mike & Judy said:

It's been years since we visited the AK hotel, and I'm intrigued by Sanaa since it received 3 votes and we've never eaten there. Does the bread service include all 5 breads, or is it pick one? Which are the tastiest accompaniments? 

I believe you can mix and match.  I like the traditional and garlic naan the best.  FYI you can ask for an extra order of bread, but they will charge you for it.  Also we were told since they make all the bread fresh to order, it takes a bit of time.  

The accompaniments range from mild to super spicy and all kinds of flavors.  My favorite is the one that sounds the weirdest - coriander chutney.  It's not super spicy and so good that I found a recipe and made some at home.  They lay them out on the board from mild to spicy and I'd recommend going easy on the last 2 on the spicy end until you're sure you like them.

Geez... now I'd give my pinkie toe for a bread service tonight. ;)

26 minutes ago, ceemike...Mike & Judy said:

I'm not sure how many years you are talking, but they now call the original AKL buildings Jambo House, and the newer part Kadani Village.  There are separate parking lots and bus stops, and it's not easy to walk between the two.  Sanaa is in the Kadani Village part.

There are two options for the bread service- one with a few of the accompaniments, or for a few dollars more, you get all of the accompaniments.  We always go for all.   The standard order includes a variety of different naan breads.  You can request specific ones, but you should try them all, so just take what they give you.  The server will explain what all the sauces/spreads are.  As Mo said, they arrange them in order from mildest to spiciest, so pay attention.  I eat them all.  Even the spiciest ones aren't too bad.

TCD

On 6/15/2017 at 4:53 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

I'm not sure how many years you are talking, but they now call the original AKL buildings Jambo House, and the newer part Kadani Village.  There are separate parking lots and bus stops, and it's not easy to walk between the two.  Sanaa is in the Kadani Village part.

There are two options for the bread service- one with a few of the accompaniments, or for a few dollars more, you get all of the accompaniments.  We always go for all.   The standard order includes a variety of different naan breads.  You can request specific ones, but you should try them all, so just take what they give you.  The server will explain what all the sauces/spreads are.  As Mo said, they arrange them in order from mildest to spiciest, so pay attention.  I eat them all.  Even the spiciest ones aren't too bad.

TCD

I second spending the couple of bucks and getting all of the accompaniments.