Date for hall of pres. opening? (ETA: Open now)

It's being reported all over the blogosphere that the HOP re-opening ain't happening any time soon:

Walt Disney World will likely not be reopening the Hall of Presidents at the Magic Kingdom in time for the 4th of July holiday as originally planned.

Despite zero announcements since the attraction closed in January, Disney closed the Hall of Presidents attraction to add new president Donald Trump to the show. Internal documents stated that the show would re-open in late June 2017, but are now simply stating “Summer 2017”. Cast members standing outside of the closed attraction are also telling guests that it will not reopen prior to July 4th.

Disney has still made no public statement on when it will reopen and what role Donald Trump will have in the attraction. It is unknown if the delays are related to remaining work to be done or for political reasons and public appearance.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/06/disney-world-postponing-hall-presidents-reopening-july-4th/

See also:

http://www.chipandco.com/magic-kingdoms-hall-presidents-experiences-delayed-reopening-date-273446/

TCD

Just ran across this...

Disney: Trump to have speaking role in Hall of Presidents

Walt Disney World plans to give President Donald Trump a speaking role in The Hall of Presidents attraction, park officials said Sunday.  

Many people have wondered what role the president would play in the Magic Kingdom attraction since he was elected.

Located in Liberty Square, the Hall of Presidents features animatronic robots of all previous U.S. presidents.

Since Bill Clinton, every sitting president has recited a speech during the attraction.  

A report in May from Vice's Motherboard suggested that the Trump animatronic would be silent.

However, Disney says it plans for Trump to speak.

"The same thing that we've done with other presidents, is the same plan we have for President Trump," said Jacquee Wahler, vice president of communications. When asked if Trump would have a speaking role, Wahler said that he would.

In May, during the opening of Pandora-The World of Avatar, Disney CEO Bob Iger told CNN that a script had been written for Trump’s team to edit.

“We’re hopeful that, at least by the first anniversary of his election, he’ll be there with the 44 other presidents that preceded him,” Iger said. 

The attraction has been closed since January for refurbishment.

Initially, the Walt Disney World website said the attraction would be closed between Jan. 17 and June 29.

No specific date has been announced, but Disney says The Hall of Presidents will reopen in "late 2017."

Story updated at 6:29 p.m. for clarification.

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/on-the-town/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2017/6/25/trump_to_have_speaki.html

Here is the updated information as of today:

http://www.chipandco.com/disney-releases-official-statement-donald-trump-hall-presidents-walt-disney-world-273700/

Much controversy has been surrounded President Donald Trump being added to the Hall of Presidents at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World. There was much speculation on if he was or wasn’t going to have a speaking role. Disney Parks has confirmed that President Trump will indeed have a speaking role and previewed some additional enhancements that will be coming to this historical exhibit.

Here is the full official statement from Disney:

“Since the Magic Kingdom Park opened in 1971, The Hall of Presidents has brought together a one-of-a-kind look at the office of the President of the United States through film and the magic of Disney’s Audio-Animatronics technology. Despite some media reports to the contrary, President Trump will have a speaking role in The Hall of Presidents, like every president since 1993. We have been working closely with the current White House — just as we have with previous administrations — and the president’s recording session has been scheduled. The attraction will re-open in late 2017.

Whenever we refurbish one of our attractions, we take the opportunity to consider a broad range of enhancements. In this case, The Hall of Presidents is getting a new show, and a complete theater upgrade including a new sound system, lighting and high-definition projection system. The multi-screen viewing experience you may have seen in prior versions of the attraction is returning with an even wider vantage point of our country’s history.”

The Hall of Presidents was scheduled to open sometime this week. However, the opening day has been pushed back and no new date has been announced.

Since the Magic Kingdom Park opened in 1971, The Hall of Presidents has brought together a one-of-a-kind look at the office of the President of the United States through film and the magic of Disney’s Audio-Animatronics technology. Despite some media reports to the contrary, President Trump will have a speaking role in The Hall of Presidents, like every president since 1993. We have been working closely with the current White House — just as we have with previous administrations — and the president’s recording session has been scheduled. The attraction will re-open in late 2017.

article credit: chipandco.com and Holly R.

• 5 months later...

The WDWMAGIC site is reporting that the Hall of Presidents will open before Christmas:

The long awaited reopening of the Magic Kingdom's Hall of Presidents will take place before Christmas according to sources familiar with the matter.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/hall-of-presidents/news/27nov2017-the-hall-of-presidents-to-reopen-before-christmas.htm

I haven't seen this news posted anywhere else.

TCD

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, BigTom said:

HOF is one of my favorite shows at WDW and I think every parent should take their kids to see it when they are old enough to understand it. I watched the show twice on U tube and think they did an outstanding job on the new show.

I 100% agree.

There are some robots standing there who represent some not so great examples of our Presidents, but the show reinforces how blessed we all are to live in this country.

TCD

20 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

We have lunch rezzies at BOG on Friday. I’m hoping to get by and see the Donald in action 

You're going to beat me there.

I'm trying to figure out when I can get over there. 

I'm interested in hearing about wait times and how full the shows are.  I've never had a problem walking in and catching the next show. I wonder if that will still be the case?

TCD

We're over at the Fort right now.  I had to go to work yesterday and my wife headed over to see it.  She said the show is excellent, much improved.  She did think Trump's jaw movement was a bit strange and stiff.  Also, the audience was respectful; no comments.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the show yesterday, walked right in.  It's been a while since we've seen it.  I think the opening movie is all new.  They open the middle screen and Lincoln recites the Gettysburg Address during the movie section about the civil war. Trump is out front when they have all the presidents, and he does have a speaking part.  They had Disney security in the pre show lobby walking around, and also against the side walls during the show.  I thought that was odd.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

They had Disney security in the pre show lobby walking around, and also against the side walls duringtheshow.  I thought that was odd.

I saw a news item somewhere a few days ago that they have had a few problems with college students standing up and screaming during Trumps speaking part. At least one had to be arrested and taken out forcibly.....  :(

Also read quite a bit about the quality of the Trump figure. From the close-ups I've seen it certainly doesn't look like Disney's best work by a long shot. How did it look from a distance?

19 minutes ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

I saw a news item somewhere a few days ago that they have had a few problems with college students standing up and screaming during Trumps speaking part. At least one had to be arrested and taken out forcibly.....  :(

Also read quite a bit about the quality of the Trump figure. From the close-ups I've seen it certainly doesn't look like Disney's best work by a long shot. How did it look from a distance?

during our Christmas trip we stopped by the Hall of Presidents.  Didn’t notice any security and everyone was respectful. The.only thing that was odd is that a loud group of people cheered real loud when they announced president Obama.  It wasn’t just odd that they cheered.  But it seemed like they were cheering for a rockstar.   It was just a weird cheer.

Then when they announced president trump a. Inch of people cheered and applauded.  And it seemed like it was in response to the group that cheered for President Obama.   

I do agree that it isn’t Disney’s Best work.  I have two pictures and I’ll see if I can get them posted soon.   But they were taken from my iPhone so there not the best quality pictures.  

57 minutes ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

Sorry but I can’t get photo bucket to work.  So I don’t know if I’m going to able to upload the Trump pix.  

10 hours ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

Not bad from the distance.  Was big in the chest,  very broad.  I took a picture but it's on my camera.

On 1/6/2018 at 12:44 PM, h2odivers...Ray said:

Sorry but I can’t get photo bucket to work.  So I don’t know if I’m going to able to upload the Trump pix.  

If you want to send them to me I can get them on here for you.  

I've seen it a couple of times and everybody was respectful when I was there.  I will agree that the Trump animatronic needs some work.  The body is broad but it is the head that is just awful.  The face looks really off, and the jaw seems to move like a ventriloquist doll.

The new movie is excellent and overall the show is really good.

I popped in for a look right before Christmas  it was strange seeing so many guests visiting the attraction.  My show had the idiotic cheering as the Presidents were going introduced.  

I agree that the Trump robot doesn't look much like him- but neither Bush robot looks right either. 

Here's a shot from where I was sitting- Trump looks OK from a distance:

IMG_2477_zpsyfqvfpwo.jpg

Here's a zoom on him:

IMG_2475_zps38c540cq.jpg

TCD

This

On 1/6/2018 at 12:44 PM, Avatab.... Steve said:

Maybe this was a reason?

This was posted on 12/28

Disney World guest chants 'Lock him up' during Donald Trump's robot speech at Hall of Presidents

Posted By Colin Wolf on Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 12:29 pm

Because perhaps Robert Mueller's investigation into possible collusion between Russia and the Trump administration isn't enough, a concerned citizen is now demanding we lock up Disney's Trump robot.

Yesterday, a guest identified as Jay Malsky filmed himself yelling "Lock him up" throughout the Trump-bot's speech at the Disney World Hall of Presidents. 

During the video you can hear a Disney castmember on the loudspeaker asking Malsky to sit down and be quiet. Another guest can also be heard yelling, "He's not real!" 

Though the attraction officially reopened on Dec. 19, we're honestly a bit surprised it took this long to happen. 

Malsky also tweeted the outburst: 

I protested @realDonaldTrump at the #hallofpresidents cuz I'll never get this close in real life probs. #lockhimuppic.twitter.com/jKOQShIdz8

— Earnest Gay Thoughts (@JayMalsky) December 27, 2017
For some perspective, these sort of outbursts, while rare, also occurred when Obama's robot was on stage.  

Since Trump's inauguration, his robot likenesses at Disney World has been the center of controversy. Last January, a petition to silence the Trump-bot made the rounds, as well as calls for Disney boycotts.