So back in December of 16 I was preparing for a trip to the mouse in January 2017. To my surprise when I opened the fifth wheel I found a mushroom growing on the floor and mold on the wall. (should have taken a picture of the shroom). I took pictures and with my proximity to Elkhart Indiana. I headed off to Forest River's Warranty and Repair building. My fifth wheel is a 2013 so 3.5 years old when I went over. (1.5 years out of warranty). with Pictures in hand I headed in to talk repairs fully expecting a very costly issue. 

image1.JPG

After talking with The Blue Ridge / Cardinal Warranty Manager it was determined that it was out of warranty and not covered by Insurance. However Forest River wanted to take care of the Issue as they decided it should not have a leaking slid out. They also said the only way to fix it correctly was to replace the entire wall ( i thought that by adding comments I could add Pictures Im wrong lol)

Forest River took in my Fifth wheel at the end of January and sent it back down the factory line. in the process They found issues in both side walls and replaced them both the also replaced the roof as they decided they were not happy with it's condition. In all they Replaced both side wall, the roof, Repainted the entire unit. Replaced the carpet where the dog chewed it up. Replaced trim that was loose and damaged from use and replaced the back bedroom door I crushed by closing the slide on it. 

They had the Fifth wheel until last week (5 months) and as a thank you for my patience and loyalty they added the slid awnings to all four slides.

FOREST RIVER DID ALL THIS FOR FREE.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Now Im sure there are some bad stories but I feel I should share this as Im now a lifetime Forest River buyer.

Good on them, but they shouldn't be building campers that have issues with both walls and leak. They probably saw a known issue that they quietly corrected without notifying existing owners. This goes for all manufacturers. They throw them together and count on the dealer to correct the issues. 

Thats awesome. For what we pay for these units you would think things like this wouldnt happen. Glad to hear they took care of the issue out of warranty.

We had an issue with the front cap on ours and they took care of it as well. We were still in warranty though. They had it for 6 months as the cap color was discontinued and they were able to get it custom ordered to match the original color.

We are on our 2nd Forest River product and very involved with FROG ( Forest River Owners Group) and have seen them take care of a lot of issues after the warranty has expired. Yes thing need improved in the build stage as with every other manufacturer but it is nice to see them stand behind their problems, glad to hear they took GREAT care of you.

From what I've seen FR will handle a number of things at their factory for gratis. I think the real problem is the relationship between manufacturers and dealers. I think things would be much improved if the manufacturers had more control over how the RV dealerships handled service similar to what you see with the automobile industry.

Agreed!!! As you all know, I have a unique camper, and while there are more and more of them every year, except for a couple of choice dealers that I know of around the country, I won't let any dealer touch my camper. If I need something done, I do it myself, or go to the factory rally in July and have it done there.

Fortunately, the factory is beyond awesome, and the repair team there is the best I've seen.

The factory's really should have dealer training, and dealer service training.

Glad they took care of you.  They have taken great care of me in the past.  Between the FROG rallies and the Forest River customer service, I will only buy a forest river product for my next trailer.  Just like Dblr and the OP, I have seen them fix major items out of warranty for friends.  They have bent over backwards for owners.  They even assisted me with my new brakes and bearings repair out of warranty this year. :bravo: