9 hours ago, ftwildernessrick said:

They may have bumped prices again. Just made ressies today for beginning 12/21/2018 and I paid the one night deposit price for a preferred site of 187.91

Thought Christmas week was $175 + tax so that would be right.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know I'm a complainer but I just went to book 7 nights during spring break for March 2018 and the premium sites were $175 a night.  WTF?????   This is starting to get out of hand. Then the best part

Welcome to capitalism....supply and demand....people from all over the country (and world) flock to WDW to spend money. You can't blame Disney for wanting to make $ for their shareholders. I wish they

With all due respect.  We are talking about the Fort. Not other campgrounds.  I know this is a touchy subject, based on several posts here,  but the fort keeps raising their prices and

I really hope the average joes of the world like me that is not camping at the fort anymore due to pricing starts to make a dent in fort profitability and opens up more reservations but I don't forsea that.  The pricing went up due to supply and demand. Disney knows holidays and weekends are usually booked full and Sunday through Friday, other than a holiday week can be like a ghost town.   So....raise your prices high to compensate for empty sites during the week and target the families with disposable incomes.  The fort has become a popular destination now since many people are realizing that you can get most all Disney amenities without paying the high price of a resort.  They will never build more sites unless the fort is booked all days. I believe the only reason 2100 loop was converted was because they have even a harder time keeping the cabins full 7 days a week.  Cabin prices are a joke unless you have a large family or your splitting the cost with family or friends. Us as a family of 4 is ridiculous to spend $400 a night on a cabin.   The cabins should be considered a value resort and priced accordingly. I'm  so amazed a topic I started got so many replies. Usually nobody responds to my comments...lol

I haven't been on here in some time, but I saw this thread and read through all 6 pages.  We may be an exception to some of the problems discussed here, but we will likely be coming back for several years...if we have several remaining years left.  With our three kids in wheelchairs we don't do the thrill rides, and we seem to visit the same attractions and eating places every year.  These are things the kids can participate in and can recognize from previous visits.  We used to come down a couple times a year, but skipped  last year entirely in favor of the Dollywood area.  We're back at the Fort this December and hope (with Jason's help) for a really good campsite.  I'm not sure where we would go besides Pigeon Forge for attractions within the interest of our kids.  And it's the kids we go for.  We have had APs for several years at both Dollywood and WDW, but might cut back there.  Dollywood is closer but there is less to do there and there are a LOT more hills to push the wheelchairs UP (never seems to be DOWN).  For the past few years we have brought our van and MH to the Fort, but I'm not sure Judy is up to driving this year, so we are going to try the trip with only the MH and trailer (with GC).  I'm not sure if there is a price cutoff for us, but we are not happy with the high level it has gone to in the past few years, especially with the difficulty in getting decent reservations.  For now we will endure and come enjoying watching the kids enjoy WDW while we stay in our own RV with kitchen bathroom, and bedroom.  

Edit:  And the Fort and our MH is the only practical way for us to travel with the kids with their equipment.

Just for fun, just looked at hotels for the spring break week as we're camperless at the moment. 

Polynesian,  $916.....per night. 

Who has this type of cash? 

I mean, here's why credit cards are a bad idea even if you're rich. 

If you had to stand at check in and lay down 50 $100 bills for your vacation hotel only, no way you would go through with it. 

And the place will be sold out no doubt. 

3 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

Just for fun, just looked at hotels for the spring break week as we're camperless at the moment. 

If you had to stand at check in and lay down 50 $100 bills for your vacation hotel only, no way you would go through with it. 

They try to make a dvc look like a good deal.

I looked into the DVC when it was first started at The Old Key West Resort. I had them figure up how many points it would take for the full size one bedroom condo for 2 weeks a year during prime times. It was $25,000, and Disney gave you 2 what would be called park hopper plus passes during your stays. It was a doable price except you had to pay a monthly $130.00 maintenance fee which was subject to go up. 

I thought at the time that I would be spending way more on fees than I could ever spend on a campsite. Little did I know that this day would come.  ?

13 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

I know a few people who think nothing of flying to vegas for the weekend and drop 15 to 20k. These are the people that don't blink at Disney prices.