I completely forgot to post these pictures from our recent trip.  Here is my caramel sundae (many know I am allergic to chocolate) and supergeek's No Way Jose chocolate monster.  We were even photobombed by our waiter.

IMG_20170623_193807015.jpg

IMG_20170623_193802720.jpg

IMG_20170623_185047146.jpg

We had dinner there Saturday night.  The meatloaf was outstanding.  The hot fudge on the ice cream was amazing. 

Our complaint there is always how hard it is to get a reservation and they are so small.  We were talking to the server and we asked if they would move into the arcade.  He said everybody is waiting for something because he knows if they did they would still fill the place.  He did tell us the rumor is that after Captain's Grill leaves Ariel's (after the refurbishment) and the construction outside at the Beach Club is done, Beaches will expand into the area currently occupied by Ariel's.  May make sense since they moved the takeout to the arcade side.  Ariel's is only used for special events.  My wife's manager had her retirement party there, and when my daughter was planning her wedding, Ariel's was an option for the reception (she chose the Atlantic Dance Hall).

I didn't even mention that we had the cheeseburgers before those pictures.  I have to admit, it was the best stinkin cheeseburger I have had in years.  I didn't take a picture of it though.  I really should have.

11 minutes ago, AuburnJen said:

I didn't even mention that we had the cheeseburgers before those pictures.  I have to admit, it was the best stinkin cheeseburger I have had in years.  I didn't take a picture of it though.  I really should have.

Last time we ate there we had the burger and it was really good.

• 1 month later...

I went here twice on my recent trip. I like ordering the kid's meal grilled chicken sandwich. It comes with a drink and a small sundae that is super cute.

g2hH00u.jpg

They use the cherry stem for the tail.

iMXLvaw.jpg

On the other visit I ordered the "Frozen Sunshine" - Rainbow Sherbet, Vanilla Ice Cream, and Seltzer blended to perfection topped with Whipped Cream and a Candied Orange Slice. I wish I'd remembered to ask them to hold the whipped cream (I'm not a fan) but otherwise this was really nice and refreshing.

QyBxHdL.jpg