I think we stayed here once coming home, but my files are already in Florida.  Let me check when I get there and I will respond again.  If it is the one I am recalling, it was clean and pretty quiet.  The staff was very nice.  Will confirm when I get the the Fort.

We stayed there on the way home a couple years ago, it was good for sleeping. Pool wasn't open since it was November and it was empty.

I think it was for sale at the time too, so changes may have been made.

Here are reviews. http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/north-carolina/enfield/enfield-rocky-mount-koa

I've not stayed at any private RV parks as I live here. I can't speak to the KOA but The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads has a good reputation and reportedly low rates for overnighters. They are in Roanoke Rapids which isn't that far north of Rocky Mount. 

If you didn't want the pool I would recommend Medoc Mountain State Park in Hollister. They have limited electric only sites and a clean bathhouse for $25/night (after fees).

Stayed there years ago just for a overnight stop do not remember anything about the pool, I like The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads clean, nice distance from 95 not much noise, pool was still being built last time we were there but it would be my choice.