Want to work for Disney from Home for that extra camping cash?

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:57 AM, caveat lector said:

I doubt that any companies that offer these low wage jobs with no benefits, do it just to be mean. 

Who said they were doing it to be mean?

It's crystal clear why they do things like this: exactly for the reason you stated- the bottom line.

But, Disney isn't Motel 6.  They are a premium brand. Or they used to be. They used to proudly provide great customer service.  Now, their customer service is far below what you experience if you deal with a brand like Marriot or Hilton. 

They are certainly getting less business from me because it's so unpleasant to accomplish something as simple as making a room reservation.

TCD

On 8/5/2017 at 6:58 PM, keith_h said:

There has always been a large cultural difference between the IBM facilities out west and here in the east. The western facilities are much more like Silicon Valley in attitudes and how things are done. The eastern ones have always been more buttoned down and formal. I used to get a kick out of going to meetings in Poughkeepsie when I was in my 20's. Those of us from San Jose would be in blue jeans and tennis shoes while the Poughkeepsie folks were in business attire and wearing ties. You could tell the New York managers hated it but what do you expect when our VP had a 1000 head hobby ranch, wore string ties and cowboy boots. 

Funny you mention that.  When the company I work for now (based in CA) bought the old company (based in Boston), only 2 of us stayed - both here in NH.  We comment all the time about the cultural differences between East Coast-West Coast.  Particularly how that West Coast vibe often means "things happen when they happen." We're both used to addressing an issues, coming up with a plan, and jumping on it as quickly as possible, but our cohorts on the other coast are more likely to want to talk about it, loop in a few more people, talk about it a little more, craft a loose plan, loop someone else in, talk a little more... and maybe in a few weeks something might happen.  We've both had to learn to take it down a few notches.  ;)

On 8/5/2017 at 7:29 PM, slices said:

It does get interesting when you are working across time zones including the UK, Hong Kong and EST.

I hear you!  I've been in calls with people in NH, TX, CA and Manilla.  Recently someone I'm working on a project with went home to Russia for a month on vacation but still needed to do some work.  Yeah... we didn't even try and fit calls with him into the mix.  LOL

43 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Who said they were doing to be mean?

It's crystal clear why they do things like this: exactly for the reason you stated- the bottom line.

But, Disney isn't Motel 6.  They are a premium brand. Or they used to be. They used to proudly provide great customer service.  Now, their customer service is far below what you experience if you deal with a brand like Marriot or Hilton. 

They are certainly getting less business from me because it's so unpleasant to accomplish something as simple as making a room reservation.

TCD

Fair enough. It falls to management to be able to provide ROI while not eroding the demand side of the equation. I hope they get the right people making decisions.