Does anyone have any feedback on this movie?  Our 10 year old was invited to go see it with some friends, but the couple of reviews I've read are not good (characters have bad attitudes, humor is rude, etc).   Curious if anyone has any knowledge on the movie's content.  At this point, I've told her no... but she's really sad, so I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

Me (63) and my granddaughter (12) went the other night.  I was really dreading it.  What's next a movie about pop up ads?

Well it was better than I thought it was going to be.  

Not knowing how your daughter thinks and maturity level it's hard to say if she would like it.

There are a few mature type jokes.  Poop and poop jr. Make a joke about not washing their hands.

Smiley turns out to be the villain. 

There are evil bots chasing the heros, but nothing worse than what is on Disney and Nickleodian

The over all message is that it's ok to be different and to express yourself.

Personally, I would let her go.

1 hour ago, emmyannttu said:

Hey...I always check Plugged In before I let me kids watch a movie and then make my own decision. Here is there review. :)

http://www.pluggedin.com/movie-reviews/emoji-movie-2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've never seen that page before.  Thank you for passing that along!

57 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Me (63) and my granddaughter (12) went the other night.  I was really dreading it.  What's next a movie about pop up ads?

Well it was better than I thought it was going to be.  

Not knowing how your daughter thinks and maturity level it's hard to say if she would like it.

There are a few mature type jokes.  Poop and poop jr. Make a joke about not washing their hands.

Smiley turns out to be the villain. 

There are evil bots chasing the heros, but nothing worse than what is on Disney and Nickleodian

The over all message is that it's ok to be different and to express yourself.

Personally, I would let her go.

Thank you.  So... you didn't feel that the movie pushed/encouraged having a bad attitude or a reliance on technology over personal relationships?  The link above cleared up the question I had on possible swear words (read a couple of reviews that mentioned frustration with that).  

9 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

I've never seen that page before.  Thank you for passing that along!

Thank you.  So... you didn't feel that the movie pushed/encouraged having a bad attitude or a reliance on technology over personal relationships?  The link above cleared up the question I had on possible swear words (read a couple of reviews that mentioned frustration with that).  

No, if anything it encouraged the emojis to break out of their shell. The hero had a wide range of emotions instead of his meh one, and he saved the day because he was different.  He saved the day because of emotions and not technology.  A lot of reviewers liken it to a copy of Inside Out.

If there were swear words they were minor, I don't remember hearing any.

3 minutes ago, Travisma said:

No, if anything it encouraged the emojis to break out of their shell. The hero had a wide range of emotions instead of his meh one, and he saved the day because he was different.  He saved the day because of emotions and not technology.  A lot of reviewers liken it to a copy of Inside Out.

If there were swear words they were minor, I don't remember hearing any.

Thank you