Florida Resident Free Appetizers at some WDW Restaurants

Expanding on the recent announcements of increased discounts at some WDW restaurants...

Florida Residents Offer Available at Select Disney Restaurants

The Walt Disney World Resort is reaching out to Florida residents who would like to experience signature restaurants found at some Disney hotels. To encourage Guests to visit these dining locations, Disney will offer Florida residents a complimentary appetizer with each adult entrée purchased and valet parking when they enjoy dinner at Jiko, Flying Fish, Citricos, and Artist Point. This special limited-time offer is available Aug. 9, 2017, through Sept. 30, 2017, during dinner.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2017/08/florida-residents-offer-available-at.html

Wow.

What I'd like to know is if I can use my Passholder 30% discount and get a free appetizer too.  All of these restaurants announced an increased passholder discount a couple of weeks ago, valid through September 30th.  http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/annual-pass/news/21jul2017-annual-passholder-dining-discount-increased-at-several-restaurants-through-the-summer.htm

TCD

I wondered that too. They recently added TIW to the Passholder discount also. I say give it a try.

Geez, if you can use both, and given Disney portions (we've often split and app and entree between the 2 of us), you could get a really nice meal for 2 for around $50, including tax and tip!    :)

14 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I wondered that too. They recently added TIW to the Passholder discount also. I say give it a try.

Geez, if you can use both, and given Disney portions (we've often split and app and entree between the 2 of us), you could get a really nice meal for 2 for around $50, including tax and tip!    :)

I will go out on a limb and say they will make you choose one deal, but not let you have both.  The point of promotions like this is to get butts in the seats.  If they have you there, they don't need to give you extra discounts.

TCD

2 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I will go out on a limb and say they will make you choose one deal, but not let you have both.  The point of promotions like this is to get butts in the seats.  If they have you there, they don't need to give you extra discounts.

TCD

True and Disney isn't known for letting you stack discounts.

On 8/8/2017 at 9:00 AM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Are you saying you stacked TIW and Passholder? 

Are there any advantages to having both TIW and annual passes? When I last looked TIW got a bigger discount but that doesn't seem to be the case now. I just have TIW, looking at what we spend in food made it worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, slices said:

Are there any advantages to having both TIW and annual passes? When I last looked TIW got a bigger discount but that doesn't seem to be the case now. I just have TIW, looking at what we spend in food made it worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The AP discount used to be much more limited-10%, and only at a few restaurants.  They went crazy with it this year, but it probably will get reduced once they get things back on track.  Also, TIW discount applies to alcohol, where AP discount does not.

TCD

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The AP discount used to be much more limited-10%, and only at a few restaurants.  They went crazy with it this year, but it probably will get reduced once they get things back on track.  Also, TIW discount applies to alcohol, where AP discount does not.

TCD

Also you can use TIW at some QS locations (I don't have the list handy), and  most lounges that are attached to a restaurant and serve food.

32 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Here's a screen cap showing the details of the "free" appetizer offer.

No stacking.

Certain unidentified appetizers are excluded (it only applies to "select" appetizers:

DGzw_htXoAEWP3X.jpg:large

That will be a no for me, dog.

TCD

Not a big surprise there.  I'd bet these little morsels at Flying Fish are on the list of excluded apps...

Snake River White Sturgeon - Flying Fish caviar experience $130

Royal Belgian Platinum - Flying Fish caviar experience $160

Galilee Royal Osetra - Flying Fish caviar experience $200

8 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Not a big surprise there.  I'd bet these little morsels at Flying Fish are on the list of excluded apps...

Snake River White Sturgeon - Flying Fish caviar experience $130

Royal Belgian Platinum - Flying Fish caviar experience $160

Galilee Royal Osetra - Flying Fish caviar experience $200

LOL.

Who buys that stuff?

Wow.

TCD

*Somebody* must be buying it.

Victoria and Albert's has an add-on option of the Galilee Osetra for $105 per half ounce or $210 for a full ounce.  That's on top of the $185 per person you're paying for dinner.

Caviar only lasts so long, even in an unopened can (so I've read - LOL). Makes you wonder how much of this stuff they keep around and who gets to eat it when it hits the "sell by" date? ;)

4 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Also you can use TIW at some QS locations (I don't have the list handy), and  most lounges that are attached to a restaurant and serve food.

They offer quickservice discount for TiW for places that don't have a table service, such as the Value Resorts (All-Stars, Pop Century, Art of Animation), Port Orleans French Quarter, and quick service at Animal Kingdom since it technically did not have a Disney-owned table service restaurant. When they opened Tusker House, the computers didn't change, don't know if they have changed the computers now that Tiffen's has opened.

1 hour ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

... quick service at Animal Kingdom since it technically did not have a Disney-owned table service restaurant. When they opened Tusker House, the computers didn't change, don't know if they have changed the computers now that Tiffen's has opened.

I've been wondering about that.  We've used TiW at AK QS quite a bit in the past.