rtguy007

River Country

Its hard to tell but it appears there is some type of construction equipment in River Country. I dont recall exactly what it looked like before but I dont see much of the rock walls back there anymore. I saw this from the boat to the MK and it was hard to get a clear image of it. They may be working on leveling what is/was left back there.

If I can I will take the bike back there to see if I can see anything through the fence. I could also be suffering from heat exhaustion as well so that could be it as well.

4 minutes ago, fotofx....Steve said:

It may have been discussed before but I recently noticed the building that housed the showers and restrooms is now part of the backyard BBQ.

Yes, that has been discussed here, and has been the case for at least 5 years, going back to when they tore down the old Pop's Place quick serve and made a courtyard/waiting area out of its footprint.

TCD

Also the guy that got on discovery island a few months back that we talked about also got into river country about the same time. Here is the youtube video and you can see where the pool was filled in.

I think the videographer is stupid for climbing on some of the structures that he did.  It looks like some of the things will come down in a strong wind (although there have been strong winds there and they are still standing).  Structures that have been ignored for as long as they have in RC can't be too stable.  I imagine he made it out OK if the video was posted, but talk about taking unnecessary chances with your life.  You only get one.

I can 100% confirm something is going on. We just passed again on the boat and there is some crane or ligh lift piece of construction equipment back there. I will try and grab a picture when we get back over to the MK here shortly.

54 minutes ago, rtguy007 said:

Here you go. No idea what it is.

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

Very interesting!!!

i don't want to venture a guess as to what is going on there.  But I'm not surprised something is going on.   That is some valuable real estate. 

2 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Very interesting!!!

i don't want to venture a guess as to what is going on there.  But I'm not surprised something is going on.   That is some valuable real estate. 

Maybe they are making way for Mickeys Backyard Massage Parlor and Whore House. 

:ROFLMAO-1:

40 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

I cant really tell from the picture but is that the light that is always on back there or a new one?

It is a new light from what I remember. The normal orange hue light was over there as well but hidden by the trees when I was able to snap that pic. This particular one is a really bight white and as you can see on the lake puts a large reflection on it.

I do have one other pic that you can see both lights theough the trees but the image provider I was using is having upload issues. Will post it when I can.

I can't tell from the pics but could it be a conveyor? If they are doing demo work they could be crushing concrete and rock to remove it. It would also work to move fill into an area where dump trucks can't go.