Jump to content
rtguy007

River Country

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

I just looked at the plans and read the engineering report, I don't see any relation to Project 89 which was the soil borings at the Fort.

This project is called Stolport Stockpile, its located next to the old runway and is going to be a 30 acre stockpile, no clue why or where the dirt is coming from.

I'm not sure if these links will work:

Engineering Report

http://apps.sfwmd.gov/entsb/docdownload?object_id=0900eeea8a588315

Plans

http://apps.sfwmd.gov/entsb/docdownload?object_id=0900eeea8a5882f9

 

WBI

Thanks for sharing your analysis, Nick. 

A 30 acre stockpile?  That's huge!  I wonder if Disney is excavating something somewhere on property?  Maybe new retention for the Star Wars expansion at DHS?  A canal for boat service to the Four Seasons?

 TCD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, mmfancipher said:

In the Engineering Report in the April 23, 2018 Memorandum (page 38) it states Project 89.  Or am I misreading this?

 

You're not misreading at all, good catch!

The attached getotech report does say project 89.

Seems odd to stockpile material there before hauling it over to the river country area though, we always try to handle material as little as possible.  The more you touch the more it cost.

WBI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Thanks for sharing your analysis, Nick. 

A 30 acre stockpile?  That's huge!  I wonder if Disney is excavating something somewhere on property?  Maybe new retention for the Star Wars expansion at DHS?  A canal for boat service to the Four Seasons?

 TCD 

It looks like I missed that is related to that Project 89.

But did you ever see the conveyor system they had setup for Star Wars Expansion at Hollywood Studios?  They created a new retention pond on the west side of World drive and the conveyor crossed over World Drive and dumped dirt on the new construction site.  I never saw it in person but you could see it in the aerial updates.  Very cool construction technique, it's already been taken down though.

WBI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

Seems odd to stockpile material there before hauling it over to the river country area though, we always try to handle material as little as possible.  The more you touch the more it cost.

Depending upon the soils in RC they might need to remove soil and replace it. The airport site would allow for both removal and new soil. It would also let Disney control the heavy truck traffic better so that it is out of the way of visitors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

It looks like I missed that is related to that Project 89.

But did you ever see the conveyor system they had setup for Star Wars Expansion at Hollywood Studios?  They created a new retention pond on the west side of World drive and the conveyor crossed over World Drive and dumped dirt on the new construction site.  I never saw it in person but you could see it in the aerial updates.  Very cool construction technique, it's already been taken down though.

WBI

Yes I saw that conveyor system many times. I never knew what it was for though. I assumed they were using it to transport construction material to cut down on construction traffic at the park. Transferring fill makes much more sense. 

TCD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Yes I saw that conveyor system many times. I never knew what it was for though. I assumed they were using it to transport construction material to cut down on construction traffic at the park. Transferring fill makes much more sense. 

TCD 

I'm surprised that they didn't try to make the conveyor belt a tier one Fast Pass ride!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

They converted it from cabins to campsites probably a couple of years ago.

Two years ago is correct. We had a good discussion about it and many photos showing the progress of construction in this thread:

 

TCD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×