No more autographs at Crystal Palace

I don't know when this started, but our nephew and his family had breakfast at the Crystal Palace yesterday. The were handed something called a honeypot which I think contained all of the signatures printed on it (it was paper). They were told that the characters no longer sign autographs in the restaurant, which was the case.

They still enjoyed the meal, but were surprised at the change. They were told people had to wait too long to see the characters because so much time was being spent signing the books while the characters circulated around the restaurant.

Ohana was similar but only for Stitch. Stitch now only is outside the restaurant and signs autographs there. The other 3 characters still sign inside but I think that is going to stop soon. We were surprised the photopass people were not at Ohana this trip like they have been on previous trips.

11 hours ago, rtguy007 said:

Ohana was similar but only for Stitch. Stitch now only is outside the restaurant and signs autographs there. The other 3 characters still sign inside but I think that is going to stop soon. We were surprised the photopass people were not at Ohana this trip like they have been on previous trips.

Oh.. no pictures at Ohana's now too?  Goodness... that was so nice.  I know they'll take a picture with our phone, but still...

Get used to it.

Despite making a respectable profit every quarter this year, WDW management is focused on continuing to make cuts wherever they can to make more and more money.  It is never enough.

Why do you think they closed two major attractions at the same time when there will be no work done on either for at least six months?

Why is there only one parade performed at the four parks, and still no talk of a night parade at MK?

Why are park hours so short this summer compared to past years?

It's sad what has happened to WDW.  And the cuts keep coming.

TCD

We found the the cuts were starting to affect the "attitudes" of some cast members.  For example, one night at the Animal Kingdom when the Fort was sharing a bus with Disney Springs, guests were given wrong information about where to line up for which (signage said one thing, not too clearly, and castmember said something else).  Consequently, folks thinking they were in line for the Fort were actually in the Disney Springs' line.  It was late and there were far too many people to get on one bus.  Two parties got in to a very heated argument about which of them would get on the bus when it came.  The argument escalated and seemed to be headed toward an actual fight, so my DH walked away from the bus stop to get a castmember's assistance.  The castmember did not solve the problem, but gave my DH an earful about how understaffed they were. This was a first for me.  Never heard someone employed by Disney complain while the were on duty.   When the bus came, the two groups got on the bus still arguing.  We opted to wait for the next bus

4 hours ago, kadancer said:

This was a first for me.  Never heard someone employed by Disney complain while the were on duty.   When the bus came, the two groups got on the bus still arguing.  We opted to wait for the next bus

So sad to hear...?

• 2 weeks later...

Once again not so much the most magical place on earth anymore. Being a local, I think Disney is turning into being enjoyable for the families that save up for years for that once in a lifetime vacation. The ones like us who frequent often start to notice the cuts and imperfections and start to get mad. The once in a lifetime vacationers can be fed dogfood and they will think they are in Heaven.  These are the people that make Disney money and drive the rates...and the cuts.