We just upgraded from a 34 foot Class A to a 42 foot 5th wheel. The rub is I made reservations for a full hookup site months before we did this. I have called and made sure the the length of our new one is on the reservation Our total length is 58 feet when hitched so is there a site in full hookup that we will fit in. Also what are the chances we can upgrade to premium.

25 minutes ago, K4DCF said:

We just upgraded from a 34 foot Class A to a 42 foot 5th wheel. The rub is I made reservations for a full hookup site months before we did this. I have called and made sure the the length of our new one is on the reservation Our total length is 58 feet when hitched so is there a site in full hookup that we will fit in. Also what are the chances we can upgrade to premium.

When are your reservations for?

Good luck trying to upgrade to premium that time of year.  You may have luck the week of or when you check in since some people cancel at last minute. I've been trying to add 2 days to a reservation around that time for 8 months with no luck.  Thankfully I cancelled the whole trip

In 2014 we were in the 1800 loop with a comparable size setup and were able to get in with only minor setbacks. There was a trash can across from our site that came into play when backing but we were able to get around it. I did have to push someone's golf cart all the way into their site but other than that no issues.

Snug as a bug:

spVQ1wO.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2017 at 8:15 AM, keith_h said:

Isn't the main issue with the full hookup loops is the roads are narrower than the newer loops are making it harder to back into a site? So while the sites are big enough it might be harder to get into them.

My TT is only 32 feet in length, but I have had trouble on some sites due to what Keith says above.  I have also been on a couple of sites in the 1900 loop where I could not park the truck directly in front of the trailer and had to jam it into the side of the site which make it very inconvenient to walk around when coming and going.