We stayed at the Jelly stone park. Really a nice place 2 pools, splash pad, waterslide, mini golf, 2 playgrounds and kids activities.

Bath houses could get up dated but where clean. They are in the process of digging a lake to add more water activities!

Very close to a lot of attractions!

54 minutes ago, Robin said:

It is right next door to dino world. We did not stop at any attractions so can't say for sure the distance to the cave.

They are changing the entrance to the park but I don't think it was far at all.

Thanks. I know where Dino World is so this gives me a good idea of where the campground is.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, WrigleysWagon said:

Sorry I missed this. We go to Mammoth Cave often because it's close.  Jellystone is about 15 minutes from the cave, and really close to 65.  We have stayed at Singing Hills and Cave Country RV which were both really nice. They don't have the "toys" that Jellystone does though. 

We are empty nesters so don't need toys just a nice quiet site and clean bathhouse. I'll keep those others in mind. We're not sure but are thinking of making Mammoth our fall trip next year. We've also thought about staying at my Old Kentucky Home park campground so we are closer to the distilleries and to visit with some of my folks old neighbors (they use to live just across the street from there).

• 10 months later...

Update

We just returned from a 3 night stay. The lake is done and opened. It is really fun. They have a inflatable course set up on side and the other has rafts and a water volleyball net.

Also have these little boats you can paddle around in. Life jackets are provided for free. They also have a new store with a Famous Nathans hot dog counter service. This is free to park guests and 15.00 for a public day pass. We had three teens and they had a great time. The lifeguard from last year remembered us and even remembered my sons name. Staff is super nice! 

3 hours ago, Robin said:

Update

We just returned from a 3 night stay. The lake is done and opened. It is really fun. They have a inflatable course set up on side and the other has rafts and a water volleyball net.

Also have these little boats you can paddle around in. Life jackets are provided for free. They also have a new store with a Famous Nathans hot dog counter service. This is free to park guests and 15.00 for a public day pass. We had three teens and they had a great time. The lifeguard from last year remembered us and even remembered my sons name. Staff is super nice! 

Thanks for the update!!

• 2 months later...
On 9/24/2017 at 2:08 AM, WrigleysWagon said:

Cave Country RV is about 5 minutes further away from the cave than Jellysyone, on the other side of the interstate.  It has all pull through sites and the bath house was very nice, and notably clean. They cater more to an older Class A crowd, but we stayed in the 15' TT we had at the time. 

Love Cave Country RV. Impeccably clean. They hosted a bunch of T@Bs as our final stop on a Caravan from Blue Ridge to Mammoth Cave area. Fabulous folks. Our group of little campers is featured on their web page. I also did an overnight there on my way home from Indiana.