I don't need no sunscreen!

Long time lurker first time trip report. This trip was my husband, 17 year old son, 13 year old niece and, me.

We left Wisconsin on August 9th about 2:30 in the afternoon. We bought a used pop up last summer after a not so fun time tenting it last year.

We drove pretty much straight thru stopped at Lanes in Georgia loaded up with peaches and pecans and arrived at the Fort about 5pm on Thursday.

We played the lane guessing game and waited about 20 min felt like forever. We got number 2004 asked about 1500 loop and got a sorry it's full.

Ok we brought bikes we will make this work! Ok so lots of empty spots around us nice but not so fast. A about 8 cars pull up and take three spots right in front us. About 20 people get out. A call to the front desk to see if by some chance a spot has opened up in 1500 no luck.

Ok sent kids to the pool and started to crank up pop but wait why is one side not moving?

Ok so about a hour later and my husband about dying of heat stroke he fixed it. Good thing he always brings his tool chest with.

Kids get back and off we go to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner. We don't have any here and we like to fill up after sandwiches for 2 days.

Get back and see a car parked half in the road across the street and security is telling them to move it hear them say we will just put it here on the grass area.

Security says no move it to overflow and they leave. No one moves it about 10 min later security comes back and says move it again and waits till they move it.

Glad to see them checking on this. We where so exhausted by this time we went right to sleep.

Next up Animal Kingdom.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was the highlight of all the posts from the past week!   Sorry Robin, but if you've been lurking, you know how threads get hijacked until the original poster jumps back in a gets everyone

Are last morning in the camper. We all got up and got ready for breakfast. Up at the ranger station they had a waffle breakfast for 4 bucks a person. We had very little food left this was perfect. I s

Long time lurker first time trip report. This trip was my husband, 17 year old son, 13 year old niece and, me. We left Wisconsin on August 9th about 2:30 in the afternoon. We bought a used pop up

9 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

A trip report from a lurker!

Excellent job so far.

Too bad about getting banished to the 2000 loop.  I wonder who got all the good spots in 1500?

I can't wait to hear who didn't need no sunscreen in August.

TCD

I wonder who got all the good spots in 1500?

Well, if you can believe things you read in FB, regular TT's, and other types of campers.

Someone had posted they had a 21 foot TT, reserved a partial spot and Disney didn't say a thing when they checked in.

Others chimed in saying you were allowed to put up to a 25 footer in there, and that 1500 is so nice because there are a lot more trees and vegetation.

I posted that Disney's own rules said partials were for tents, van campers, and PUPs, but of course Disney doesn't follow their own rules.

18 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I wonder who got all the good spots in 1500?

Well, if you can believe things you read in FB, regular TT's, and other types of campers.

Someone had posted they had a 21 foot TT, reserved a partial spot and Disney didn't say a thing when they checked in.

Others chimed in saying you were allowed to put up to a 25 footer in there, and that 1500 is so nice because there are a lot more trees and vegetation.

I posted that Disney's own rules said partials were for tents, van campers, and PUPs, but of course Disney doesn't follow their own rules.

I don't want to hijack this trip report by complaining about this, but I don't need to read Facebook to know it's true.  I've seen it with my own eyes- travel trailers, Class C's, Class A's.  All on 1500.  Along with massive groups with way more than 10 campers per site.  I don't bother reserving partial sites anymore when there's any other level available.  Even if I got assigned to 1500, it would more than likely not be a pleasant experience due to overcrowding.

Disney wins, of course, since I have to pay for a more expensive site that I don't need.

TCD

Last few times I stayed in 1500 loop, it was worse than 2000 loop, they put large groups in 1500 and it is a small loop. One trip there were at least 50 kids and adults in one group and they had about 6 sites with tents every where you could put one, the p[ace was a mad house with unsupervised kids running everywhere. 2000  gets crowed mostly in the back of the loop and kids are playing in the street, but very never have I seen a large group completely take over the whole loop like I have seen in 1500. Also a lot of free loaders will park in the 1500 loop and make it even more crowded. The 2000 loop is larger with more people, but it isn't as tight and crowded as the 1500 loop, if you stay close to the entrance it is much less crowded that the rear of the loop.

I was asked at check in by the Cm who's name tag said John but was not his name? That he could check another loop for me. No mention of free upgrade so I said no. Later on I did think I should of seen what would of happened but at the time we just wanted out of the van!

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I don't want to hijack this trip report by complaining about this, but I don't need to read Facebook to know it's true.  I've seen it with my own eyes- travel trailers, Class C's, Class A's.  All on 1500.  Along with massive groups with way more than 10 campers per site.  

:angry:

2 hours ago, BigTom said:

Last few times I stayed in 1500 loop, it was worse than 2000 loop, they put large groups in 1500 and it is a small loop. One trip there were at least 50 kids and adults in one group and they had about 6 sites with tents every where you could put one, the p[ace was a mad house with unsupervised kids running everywhere. 2000  gets crowed mostly in the back of the loop and kids are playing in the street, but very never have I seen a large group completely take over the whole loop like I have seen in 1500. Also a lot of free loaders will park in the 1500 loop and make it even more crowded.  

:angry:

Both of these just make me so incredibly irritated.  People ruining, what is/should be, a very special place.

18 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Both of these just make me so incredibly irritated.  People ruining, what is/should be, a very special place.

Your irritation is misplaced.

It's management's fault.  They're the ones raking in the $$$ and ignoring the so-called rules.  Heck, guests don't even get copies of the "rules" anymore.

It's pretty sad how folks are getting excited about the fact that one security guard made one guest move an improperly parked car, as reported above.

TCD

15 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

It's management's fault.  They're the ones raking in the $$$ and ignoring the so-called rules.  Heck, guests don't even get copies of the "rules" anymore.

It's pretty sad how folks are getting excited about the fact that one security guard made one guest move an improperly parked car, as reported above.

TCD

It was the highlight of all the posts from the past week!

Sorry Robin, but if you've been lurking, you know how threads get hijacked until the original poster jumps back in a gets everyone back in line!

Ok so Friday Animal kingdom day. My husband and I got up niece got up son not up. All was quite across the street.

We had a quick breakfast told son when and where to meet us and drove to Animal Kingdom. Husband and I had the giant tour planned for 10.

Everest had a 15 min wait posted Niece and I got in line I soon realized it was going to be later but wasn't sure if we would get back to ride it so we waited.

Got off and ran to the tour we where late. Not a big deal they said put us in the next one. So by now son is here he said he got a sandwich at the Fort it was good but a little too much money. They went to Kali we went on tour. Opinion of tour was good not great but good neat to see back stage would do it again no. Got done kids came back fastpass time for the safari that worked out perfect. Got done had snacks I brought free counter service water and went to Primeval whirl kids rode about 20 min wait Dino was down.

When they got done Dino was running we waited about 20 min again. Went to Nemo show was good to sit for a while. Had a fastpass for the FOP got on, are banshee ride locks us in and there is a problem with someones not locking. CM works on it can't fix it makes the person leave with a fast pass and we are good to go. We really liked this ride poor husband can't do 3D so did not ride. From the time we got in line to when we got off it was 35 min. We where staved at this point then left the park and got pizza at Flippers we like there food. Started to pour while we where there so good timing for us! So we where stuffed and went back for ROL had a fast pass. Just a light rain walking in got in to the theater stopped raining. Sent kids on Everest while we waited for the show. They got back just in time. First time seeing the show opinion was good not great but good would I see it again yes but not a every visit show.

Got done and  ran over to Everest about 10 min and rode again my niece got to ride 3 times that day so good for her! That ride is the best at night!

Extra hours for Pandora so that is where we went. River ride was posted 45 min and was about 50 so not to far off. It was so stuffy and muggy waiting in that line they need more fans. I don't think I would wait that long again it was a very short ride nothing to exciting. The people in front of us did take their newborn baby though so, I guess it is a ride for everyone. After that we looked around the gift shop saw nothing we wanted and walked out. Oh my niece did see something people with fancy drinks walking around. So found the line for that waited about 15 min got 3 husband and I shared kids had spending money from Grandparents so they used that. They where good and refreshing would get them again.

Got back to Fort  across the street kids where running around playing tag it was around 11 at night. Went to the comfort station and it was trashed. Got back to the camper son said security was there and told neighbors to quiet down. And they did so didn't hear them after that.

Next up Saturday a no park day what will we do?   

10 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

can't wait to hear who didn't need no sunscreen in August.

Most of us who grew up in Florida don't need sunscreen, we have enough sense to stay in the shade as much as possible

19 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Agreed.

15 hours ago, Robin said:

Ok so Friday Animal kingdom day. My husband and I got up niece got up son not up. All was quite across the street.

We had a quick breakfast told son when and where to meet us and drove to Animal Kingdom. Husband and I had the giant tour planned for 10.

Everest had a 15 min wait posted Niece and I got in line I soon realized it was going to be later but wasn't sure if we would get back to ride it so we waited.

Got off and ran to the tour we where late. Not a big deal they said put us in the next one. So by now son is here he said he got a sandwich at the Fort it was good but a little too much money. They went to Kali we went on tour. Opinion of tour was good not great but good neat to see back stage would do it again no. Got done kids came back fastpass time for the safari that worked out perfect. Got done had snacks I brought free counter service water and went to Primeval whirl kids rode about 20 min wait Dino was down.

When they got done Dino was running we waited about 20 min again. Went to Nemo show was good to sit for a while. Had a fastpass for the FOP got on, are banshee ride locks us in and there is a problem with someones not locking. CM works on it can't fix it makes the person leave with a fast pass and we are good to go. We really liked this ride poor husband can't do 3D so did not ride. From the time we got in line to when we got off it was 35 min. We where staved at this point then left the park and got pizza at Flippers we like there food. Started to pour while we where there so good timing for us! So we where stuffed and went back for ROL had a fast pass. Just a light rain walking in got in to the theater stopped raining. Sent kids on Everest while we waited for the show. They got back just in time. First time seeing the show opinion was good not great but good would I see it again yes but not a every visit show.

Got done and  ran over to Everest about 10 min and rode again my niece got to ride 3 times that day so good for her! That ride is the best at night!

Extra hours for Pandora so that is where we went. River ride was posted 45 min and was about 50 so not to far off. It was so stuffy and muggy waiting in that line they need more fans. I don't think I would wait that long again it was a very short ride nothing to exciting. The people in front of us did take their newborn baby though so, I guess it is a ride for everyone. After that we looked around the gift shop saw nothing we wanted and walked out. Oh my niece did see something people with fancy drinks walking around. So found the line for that waited about 15 min got 3 husband and I shared kids had spending money from Grandparents so they used that. They where good and refreshing would get them again.

Got back to Fort  across the street kids where running around playing tag it was around 11 at night. Went to the comfort station and it was trashed. Got back to the camper son said security was there and told neighbors to quiet down. And they did so didn't hear them after that.

Next up Saturday a no park day what will we do?   

Great update.  Wow on the newborn...as a mama, with the jarring, that would have made me nervous :unsure:  I'm sure they held her tight.

Looking forward to hearing about the, no park day!  Those can be so much fun!!

Saturday has arrived going fast! We booked through Disney so got the package deal. We did the 4 parks one park per day no hopper which was fine for us and a good deal.

So mini golf coupons was included that was the plan I do not think I would pay 48.00 for mini golf. Slept in a little late comfort station was taken over by the across the street people shower would wait. Started laundry husband started breakfast niece got up son still sleeping. The 3 of us eat breakfast niece fights her way in the bathroom I throw laundry in dryer hubby cleans up son still not up.

Watch the dance party across the street get son up and get laundry and we are off. Arrive lot is full but with some TCD luck someone is pulling out. We park walk in and it is packed!

Told 45 min wait for summer 1 hour for winter um ok we will wait. We sign up for summer I go back to the van get snacks and drinks we get a table and wait. 40 min go by I walk back to van put away snacks walk back and we wait. After 1 hour of waiting I go up and ask how much longer? Was told oh you can go now get your party. Ok so don't know what was up with that.

Start golfing it's nice and sunny blue sky having fun then clouds roll in. Ok that's fine family was getting hot any way but, do I feel a rain drop? Yes I did and soon was everyone else.

We finish up in the rain not a down pour but a good rain but it's warm out we are in Disney and with family good be worse. Get back to fort just starting to rain here. I hit the shower since I'm already wet and it's open now, family takes a break. Get back from comfort station stopped raining family is now on a bike ride. This is the first time we have had bikes at the fort in about 5 visits and it is great. Hubby calls says making tye dye Mickey shirts come join them. Get down there and again it is packed we have our own table set up under cover no more room inside the building. So now it starts to rain again they do not have any bags for shirts when done just wrap them up. Just a note in case you do this might want to bring a plastic bag. So cast member Ryan was super nice and helpful with us he also knew what a bubbler was do you? Son gets us bags at the store and we get back on bikes and ride in the rain to MBYBQ, we arrive wet and hungry. This was something new for us opinion great for little kids teens not so much. My son did eat his and my money worth of food so that was good. FYI he had 6 hotdogs plus other stuff!

Show over still raining now what? We decide to head over to Disney Springs for a little while. Son likes to look and repeat look not buy in the Trophy Room. If you have been there you know what I'm talking about. We arrive and have to park across the street and take sky walk over it is now only lightly raining. It is so crowded it is almost not enjoyable. We walk around a bit go in a few stores. Niece wants a ankle bracelet ok great lets look. No ankle bracelets in all of Disney! Cast member at world of Disney says buy a necklace and cut it, um no don't think so, poor niece. Head back to the fort and it's party time across the street. Son and niece go for a bike ride come back say people across the street have a golf cart and are driving crazy and beeping and waving at everyone, security sees this and talks to them all is now quite! So good for security for being on this and good for the people listening!

Time for bed this day just flew by has they all do in Disney!

Next up a good bye