I don't need no sunscreen!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was the highlight of all the posts from the past week!   Sorry Robin, but if you've been lurking, you know how threads get hijacked until the original poster jumps back in a gets everyone

Are last morning in the camper. We all got up and got ready for breakfast. Up at the ranger station they had a waffle breakfast for 4 bucks a person. We had very little food left this was perfect. I s

Long time lurker first time trip report. This trip was my husband, 17 year old son, 13 year old niece and, me. We left Wisconsin on August 9th about 2:30 in the afternoon. We bought a used pop up

16 hours ago, Travisma said:

Disney sure has hit it big with Disney Springs.

Seems like that place is always as crowded as the MK on a holiday.

Way too many people pushing and shoving.  For me it's not an enjoyable place any more.

We haven't even been over there.  Reports from Fiends, said the installations really centered around high-end stores and it was already too expensive for us so... not a good fit.  Now, we have a wonderful (extended) family trip planned in October, so (if they want to go) we may pop over for a couple of hours.  Did they change everything?  The main area that use to be DTD, is that (those shops) still there?

13 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

We haven't even been over there.  Reports from Fiends, said the installations really centered around high-end stores and it was already too expensive for us so... not a good fit.  Now, we have a wonderful (extended) family trip planned in October, so (if they want to go) we may pop over for a couple of hours.  Did they change everything?  The main area that use to be DTD, is that (those shops) still there?

Try to find an online map, it'll make more sense.

From the boat landing area near the Christmas shop down to T-Rex is pretty much the same.  There are some additions, like a walkway across the lake close to Rainforest.

Once past T-Rex its's a big change.  Not sure what the end by La Nouiba looks like now, haven't been down that way in quite a while.

Last time we went, we came by boat from FQ.  DS was so crowded we asked where the bus stop was (boat line stretched as far as the eye could see) and made our way to there and left.

We did 3 stops, Christmas Shop, Miss Matched and the Lego Store (and bathrooms).

We had visited a previous time and had an overpriced stale cupcake from Sprinkles.

They did do a wonderful job remaking the middle section, but it's confusing to get around, and yes 99% of the shops are high end.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Try to find an online map, it'll make more sense.

From the boat landing area near the Christmas shop down to T-Rex is pretty much the same.  There are some additions, like a walkway across the lake close to Rainforest.

Once past T-Rex its's a big change.  Not sure what the end by La Nouiba looks like now, haven't been down that way in quite a while.

Last time we went, we came by boat from FQ.  DS was so crowded we asked where the bus stop was (boat line stretched as far as the eye could see) and made our way to there and left.

We did 3 stops, Christmas Shop, Miss Matched and the Lego Store (and bathrooms).

We had visited a previous time and had an overpriced stale cupcake from Sprinkles.

They did do a wonderful job remaking the middle section, but it's confusing to get around, and yes 99% of the shops are high end.

Thank you.  I think we'll try and encourage our family, to stay away... either that or we'll take the boat and just "float by" :lol:

Just now, Robin said:

I agree it is confusing to get around and a lot of high end stores. We went last year during the day and it was much less busy. So maybe night time is to avoid?

Evenings at Disney Springs are crowded because Disney has been closing the parks way earlier all summer than they have in past summers.  And guess what?  There's a convenient bus at each park that will take guests directly to Disney Springs at park closing.  Genius.

TCD

3 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Thank you.  I think we'll try and encourage our family, to stay away... either that or we'll take the boat and just "float by" :lol:

Now don't be dissuaded just by my grumpy review of DS.

Like Robin said, it may be less crowded during the day.

We did go in the evening, and it was very hot, humid and crowded.  And I really wasn't in the mood to go, but I was overruled by the rest of our group.

But I remember when Downtown Disney was a fun place to go and wasn't packed with wall to wall people.

Maybe go in the morning when the shops first open.

Today we are saying good bye to GMR. Thanks Disney for announcing this after I had all my fast pass selections locked in. After I rearranged are schedule I was unable to get a fast pass for this. It was extra magic morning hours we are not extra magic morning people as you can see. I had to tell my son repeatedly he had to get up early if we had a chance of riding without waiting half are day. To are surprise he was up the second time I told him to get up. A quick breakfast and we are off later than I wanted but not bad.

We get there walk quickly no waiting for tram for us we have to get in line before 9 and regular guest get in. And score one for me we did it! We waited about 30 min so not bad at all considering the wait never went past 100 min every time I looked. We all loved this ride and it will be missed! We saw a lot people dressed up and lots of photos taken and vlogging going on.

Next up the Muppets niece was impressed when I told her look under the rug. After this son was hungry pizza place was just about to open he got pizza niece had his salad husband and I had snacks I brought free ice water for all.

Husband and I walk around one mans dream kids find a bathroom. We all meet up and do the movie. The Star wars meet and greet and the star wars movie. And we find Olaf and meet him with really no line. Sorry to say this but kids wanted Starbucks with grandparent money so we get drinks, head over to Indiana Jones show niece is hungry again. Hubby waits in line I take her to get a sandwich son comes with. We wait about 10 min order I leave them meet husband. We are let in text kids where we are sitting. Kids get there find us just as show starts. Niece likes her sandwich some kind of burger with pork and fries son eats half the fires. Now there is a weather delay. 2 Asian women behind us take a nice nap. Show starts up again Asian women still sleeping. Show stops again and is cancelled. Asian women get up all rested ready to go with all their Duffy stuff. 

It's starting to sprinkle and is dark. We get on ponchos brought from home and head over for Toy Story fast pass. Good time was had by all son was the big winner. Now it's really raining niece wants to meet characters it's under cover so that's what we do. We then have fast pass for Star tours hubby can't ride because of 3d motion. We see a vlogger in line that we like and chat for a min. Party of 3 is called and we go.

Fast pass for tower of terror is almost up so we start walking over there after we hit Starbucks and free water they have out. Niece is scared doesn't want to ride. She was on this once 3 years ago and did not like it. I decide to take her to single rider line for Rock n Roll boys head off to tower.

Single rider line is long but she wants to wait. Son and husband finish and waited for us. I think we waited 35 min and where on the same ride.

We then leave the park head over to Publix get a rotisserie chicken, sides and, other things. Get back to the fort and have dinner and rest for a bit. Across the street is quite and empty. We now have someone behind us. This site has been empty the whole time.

We head back out niece wants to see Fantasmic we haven't seen this in 10 years so it sounds good to all of us.  Start walking in again no tram for us son says I forgot my band in the van, he runs back we go in. We stand in line to get picture in front of theater with the its a wrap clapper for GMR Son makes it to us just in the nick of time. They had 2 photographers set up we where told we could take are time and took a bunch of pictures.

We start walking over to theater son now wants to ride coaster so that's where him and niece go. We get in theater and save them seats. They arrive just as show starts.

It was good to see the show again and niece has never seen it, she liked it.

We are led through back stage area and come out by the entrance. Walk to the van again no tram and head out get back to the fort and call it a night. 

Next stop Epcot

On 9/1/2017 at 10:29 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Evenings at Disney Springs are crowded because Disney has been closing the parks way earlier all summer than they have in past summers.  And guess what?  There's a convenient bus at each park that will take guests directly to Disney Springs at park closing.  Genius.

TCD

Yep, they are genius at making money.  Unfortunately, not always as focusing on customer satisfaction ?

On 9/1/2017 at 0:16 PM, Travisma said:

Now don't be dissuaded just by my grumpy review of DS.

Like Robin said, it may be less crowded during the day.

We did go in the evening, and it was very hot, humid and crowded.  And I really wasn't in the mood to go, but I was overruled by the rest of our group.

But I remember when Downtown Disney was a fun place to go and wasn't packed with wall to wall people.

Maybe go in the morning when the shops first open.

Haha...we'll, if the family really wants to go, I'll remember that tip.  I could do without, but we're blessed with being at Disney often, so we'll let them take the lead on this one.

We went to Disney Springs during the day and it wasn't crowded.  There is a new store that is similar to H and M.  I don't remember the name of it, but it was very reasonable.  Lots of cool Disney merchandise.  It's definitely a store worth going to in my opinion.  The grandkids got Disney shirts for $5 and they aren't the typical Disney shirts.  I agree that they need a map and a more centrally located bus stop.  However, since they just changed the bus stops, I'm sure that isn't going to happen.  They had a sign posted for a Descendants dance party, but times.  There was a manager of sorts standing around and I asked him about it.  He told me the time and I asked him why it wasn't posted.  He told me that it is posted when the dance party begins.  I told him they need to have the time posted so people would know when to come back for the dance party.  I'm pretty sure he tuned me out.

4 minutes ago, disneylitch......Debbie said:

We went to Disney Springs during the day and it wasn't crowded.  There is a new store that is similar to H and M.  I don't remember the name of it, but it was very reasonable.  Lots of cool Disney merchandise.  It's definitely a store worth going to in my opinion.  The grandkids got Disney shirts for $5 and they aren't the typical Disney shirts. 

That sounds like Uniqlo: https://www.disneysprings.com/shops/uniqlo/

TCD

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

That sounds like Uniqlo: https://www.disneysprings.com/shops/uniqlo/

TCD

My daughters went there this past weekend.  They got my granddaughter a tee shirt that is supposed to absorb sweat and keep you cool.  It was on clearance for I think $2.

My one daughter saw a parka (she lives in Minneapolis) she really liked and said it was a really good price.

Before I forget I wanted to say that are loop was pretty quiet other than the group across the street the first few days. We had two families behind us and both where only there one night. The spot next to us had a single tent and car parked there when we got there and the only time I saw anyone there was 4 days later when a women was packing up. No one else came across the street. We have been put in the 2000 loop before and it was miserable with lots of partying going on. This was much better!

On to Epcot day as the routine husband and I got up got niece up and son slept. The 3 of us went to comfort station. Husband went back got son up and breakfast out. Niece joined him I started on our Tye Dye shirts. While I was in the laundry room rinsing and cutting bands off I met a 11 year old girl named Emmy. She was really cute and we chatted about my shirts and what we where doing that day. Got back to camper showed family shirts some better than others but not bad. Got in van and head off.

First ride is Test Track this is my sons favorite ride in all the parks. Got in line and 2 min later hear the announcement it's down. Club cool is next son tricks niece into Beverly she does not think it's funny he does! Refreshed we head over to spaceship Earth wait 15 min check TT still down. Head over for Soarin wait 40 min first time with new movie we where there last year when old movie was being played for the last time. Got front row so no feet in are way a plus for us. We liked it but old movie was better in are opinion. TT still down head over to use fast pass for Nemo. We ride and get off  walk through the gift shop get to doors to go out and see it's raining. Look around gift shop for a bit and make a dash back to the land. Niece is hungry son takes Niece to sunshine Husband and I head over to the land 15 min wait. We have a Hidden Mickey book and where looking through it and started a conversation with a really nice cast member about it. Kids meet us at exit Niece got a turkey sandwich which she said was ok. Son now hungry we go to the Electric Umbrella he gets flat bread pizza niece eats half his fries. She is disappointed that she got sandwich and not this. TT still down fast pass for new mission space is up. Hubby opts out. The 3 of us do green side and walk almost right on. Son has never liked this ride but because it's new he goes. He still does not like it niece said it was ok I like new movie better so there you go. Meet up with hubby TT is running now so off we go. Almost to entrance when hear announcement it's down again. Off to Frozen fast pass is up. We just missed the opening of this ride last year so new for all of us. We wait about 5 min standby is 70. We really liked it and we all got wet. Niece spots the Duffy you color and wants to do this gets one stamped. She then wants to meet Frozen Princess son is not thrilled but goes. We wait again about 5 min they are very nice and personal with us son and husband opt out of photos. We head over to Mexico and do ride in there get another stamp on Duffy.

Next we head over to imagination and use are last fast pass finally now I can get a fast pass for TT which I do. WE do the ride and see the Pixar short movies. They are really cute and a nice break. Head over to Visa character meet and greet it's really tucked away now. Check in only ones there told to go on in, we do walk up to the rope and wait no one comes and it's quiet. We wait 5 min and no one comes out to get us. I remove the rope and walk around the corner the photographer is there looking out the window he turns sees me and says "oh". I say "We are waiting" told to go back someone will help you. Go back right away a Cm comes and takes us in Minnie and Pluto are there we take a bunch of pictures and leave. We talk about the days we waited in line for over half a hour for this in the old building not sure if people don't know where it is or if don't like it's a down load now instead of a real picture. 

Now Niece sees her Duffy is bent and wants a new one ok we head off to Canada. Husband and I see the movie which we haven't seen in about 7 trips kids get new Duffy and stamp.

Get stamp in Uk head off to France. We have never seen the movie here so that's the plan. We have a 15 min wait so, we walk around kid's opt out of movie and get Duffy stamp.

I think the kids made a good choice not going to the movie and that's all I have to say on this. They also went and found some more Princesses for Niece while waiting for us and got stamp in Morocco. Japan is next my son loves this place especially the store! We all look around get stamp and son is not ready to leave so, we leave him.It's starting to sprinkle Niece wants sushi that's where we go to counter service we order and find a covered table outside. Son joins us he gets sushi now it's lightly raining. We sit and relax for a bit till rain slows down. Head over to American Adventure kid's find stamp Hubby gets a adult beverage a beer not sure what kind but says it was good. Get stamps in Italy and Germany head over to China. Again Husband and I go to movie kids get stamp and a bubble tea. After we all walk around the displays. Head back to Norway for another stamp and head over to Mexico. Husband and I get counter service it's been a while since we have eaten here we had a bad experience once this time everything went well food was ok.  Kids head off to  get another stamp in Mexico. Yes, she has gotten them all and some CMs even wrote her name in there native language.

We head over to TT to use fast pass before Illuminations starts are hope is we can do both we have about a hour we can do it right? Wrong the fast pass line is out the door and half way down to the entrance. I think with it being down so much everyone waited till the end of the night to ride it. We got done with the ride just as Illuminations starts. We decide to not even go out to watch it and look around at the cars. Another park done we head out. Get back I go to laundry and wash shirts that I rinsed out in the morning  we are wearing them to MK. Go to comfort station and meet my new friend from this morning in there. We are chatting about our day when her Mom comes in to check on her. We start talking about our day and trips she was super nice and I enjoyed talking to them. Shirts are done in washer I take them back to camper and hang them up. Off to bed we go another big day!

Up next are last park.

Today we are going to MK I ended up losing my fast pass for mine train when I had to switch things around for GMR last day. I kept checking and was not ever able to get one.As has become our routine hubby and I are up get niece up and start to get ready. I meet my new friend in the comfort station and chat for a bit.

Get back get son up and have a quick breakfast. We ride our bikes down to the marina and one is getting ready to leave. Hop on and arrive at 9:05. Mine Train line is at 70 min we are not waiting. First up is Buzz followed by People mover and, monster inc show. Kids get a coffee at Joffrey's. We then head into COP niece was unsure she would like this but, she did. When we got out it was time for our Space mountain fast pass. After this we head over to Big thunder and use our fast pass. We head over to Haunted mansion wait is posted 40 min we wait. My niece gets a mickey bar and son gets a frozen banana to eat while in line. It was really hot waiting in that line! After we where taking pictures in front of Mansion a women hands me a paper fast pass for 4 people for big thunder. We thank her and ride again. We have a little bit of time before our Splash fast pass we get in line for the train. The one that's there is full we wait for the next one. We take a round trip ride and fast pass is up. After riding we head over for Winnie the pooh it is a 10 min wait. Once we get there it is now a 20 min wait. We wait we have not been on this in a long time and niece wants to ride. After this we head back to the fort for dinner. I get a fast pass for Pirates for later we head out.

While on the boat back we are asked to come in as there is lightning in the area. Kids where going to take a quick swim but I think the pool will be closed because of lightning so that's out. My son is really hot so he takes a quick shower. I make dinner and we rest for a bit. Now comes the debate do we take boat back or drive? Driving wins did we make the right choice? We get back and head over to Pirates not much of a wait. I get us a Jungle cruise fast pass. We have a little time we walk around Pirates gift shop. We then head over to Jungle cruise and the fast pass line looks longer than the stand by line. We wait about 5 min and decide we need to get a spot for fireworks and we will not get a good spot if we wait. Husband takes one for the team and goes to save a spot. We wait and wait some more. Now the most unmagical moment of our trip. I get a call from husband where are you? Tell him we are still waiting. He then tells me a group made up of a large family tells him he can't save spots and stands right in front of him. It is not even 7:30 there is a lot of open spots. He then gets in a shouting match with them. I have to say my husband is a quiet easy going guy so this had to be bad for him to shout back at them. We make it on the ride but, I did not get to enjoy this because I was texting my husband the whole time. We get to the end of the ride and we have to wait as they are taking off someone in front of us on a wheelchair. This takes a while our driver ran out of things to talk to us about and is asking for questions which no one asks. I get a fast pass for the Speedway for kids while waiting. We finally get off that took a whole hour! Kids head to Speedway I run over to my husband. All is calm when I get there. Ok where is this large family I don't see them? One person with a baby in a stroller is now saving spots for thier whole family What The Fort? I guess while all this was going on there was a family of 4 that left. Husband just moved over in their spot. The family was pointing, laughing and calling my husband names even getting the kids involved before they left. We where standing by the railing in front of grass area to give you a idea. As we where waiting people kept trying to stand there and the women kept telling them this area is for my family and made them move. We had a nice women and her niece between us and them. The niece left to go get some food and left her bag in her spot. I was talking to this women about where they where from just passing time. A man and women come up and push the bag and stand there. I don't know what the women said to them because they where both speaking Spanish but she told me they where there for 2 hours waiting. The couple did not move the lady had to slide down. It is really getting crowded kids say long line for Speedway don't know if they will make it in time. Large group arrives back and is giving us dirty looks and laughing I told my husband to just ignore it and he does. Show starts kids are fighting there way back now. Well those spots they where saving filled in as soon as the lights got dim. We ended up having a better spot. Kids can't get to us they are close they stay where they are and watch from there. I will never wait in that mess again for fireworks it was not worth it. It was a great show and we enjoyed it but wow I can not believe how people act. As soon has it is over it really clears out. Large group leaves we find the kids and we stay for the projection show. Now this was nice we could spread out had a good view we enjoyed this more than the fireworks. We are all happy!

We decide to have some ice cream while waiting for crowds to leave. It was very nice to sit and relax having a treat not rushing around. We then take are time walking down main street going in shops looking around. Niece got her picture holding the bunch of balloons with a CM holding  on to the string also of course. We take nice pictures of the castle and head out.

Now comes into play did we make the right choice in driving? We walk over by monorails and again long line. Son says I'm not waiting I will take the boat back and meet you I will get back first. Him and niece head out we get in line. While we are waiting for the tram to the parking lot he text they are on the boat heading out. So who got to the Fort first? They did but we got to the campsite first. So, we can call it a tie. If they would of had bikes and not had to wait for internal bus they would of won. Head over to comfort station get ready for bed all is quiet and we are exhausted.

Up next we hit the beach and I don't need no sunscreen.

Great trip report Robin  Looking forward to the rest  B)  Sounds like you saw the best and the worst Disney has to offer... LOL

You also had a front row seat to the 2 opposite abuses of the campsites: 1. Large groups overcrowding the loops when they should be in the Group Camping Areas, and 2. A so-called "Phantom Site", where people who are staying off-site will rent a campsite, put up a tent but never actually use it. That allows at least 10 of their off-site group to get Magic Bands and all the benefits of staying on-site.

On 9/1/2017 at 11:29 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

I'm surprised that Disney doesn't require ALL the buses leaving the Park to go to one end of DS and require everyone to get a Resort bus at the other end... That would be the Bus equivalent of having a Gift Shop at the exit of every ride....

I probably shouldn't be saying that out loud since someone at Disney might read it and think it's a good idea.....   :wacko:

I'll bet they are working on a way to make all the cars leaving at night also go thru Disney Springs....  

Mandatory Drive-Thru Gift Shops in the future??  Disney Mngmt is finally embracing the old Horizons Motto:   "If We Can Dream It, We Can Do It!"