Another set of stop-over points...

I am hauling my trailer down in late October so that the DW and kids can fly down and meet me there for 9 nights.  I am driving from SE Wisconsin (I-65 to Chattanooga, I-75 the rest of the way).  I'm planning to divide the 1,300 miles into 2.5 days each way.  So, I'm looking for stopovers.  I'm hoping for places that are not too far off the interstate, with easy pull-throughs (I'll be alone and arriving after dark).  

Here are the general areas (there is some flex)...

1)  Louisville, KY area

2)  Tifton, GA area (I saw some references to getting down to Valdosta, but that could make for a long day)

3)  Between Atlanta and Chattanooga

4)  Somewhere north of Indianapolis

If anyone has any recommendations, I welcome them!

Another Fiend stayed here between Chattanooga and Atlanta, and said they would stay again....

Harvest Moon RV Park
1001 Poplar Springs Road
Adairsville, GA 30103

Phone (770) 773-7320
Fax (770) 773-3605

As far as between ATL and Orlando..... Eagles Roost RV Resort is our go to for stop overs....https://www.eaglesroostresort.com/

Aww this warms my heart...  another "Roadie-Dad" coming down to set things up before the "Rockstars" show up to enjoy the fruits of your labor!   

I have done this many times... its almost like having 2 vacations in one! 

1 hour ago, TN22.....Brady said:

Another Fiend stayed here between Chattanooga and Atlanta, and said they would stay again....

Harvest Moon RV Park
1001 Poplar Springs Road
Adairsville, GA 30103

Phone (770) 773-7320
Fax (770) 773-3605

As far as between ATL and Orlando..... Eagles Roost RV Resort is our go to for stop overs....https://www.eaglesroostresort.com/

Camping World now owns the old KOA at that same exit. 

Allow me to ask one follow-up question...

I will be covering about 550 miles on some of these days, and on one day will lose an hour due to the time zone.  Do you all have experience with many of these campgrounds with late arrivals.  With it being the offseason, and a strong possibility that I may not show up until 8 or 9pm, do I need to worry about showing up after registrations offices are closed, or can I assume that everyone will have some sort of system in place for late arrivals?  I've never faced this issue before, so I'm not sure what I can depend on.  Thanks!

14 hours ago, mickeyfan0805 said:

Allow me to ask one follow-up question...

I will be covering about 550 miles on some of these days, and on one day will lose an hour due to the time zone.  Do you all have experience with many of these campgrounds with late arrivals.  With it being the offseason, and a strong possibility that I may not show up until 8 or 9pm, do I need to worry about showing up after registrations offices are closed, or can I assume that everyone will have some sort of system in place for late arrivals?  I've never faced this issue before, so I'm not sure what I can depend on.  Thanks!

Eagles Roost handles their late arrivals  by leaving an envelope (with your last name on it, and site #) on the front cork board outside the office. Other places we have stayed, use the same or similar method, but always a good idea to call and ask how your particular stopover handles it.

One place we stayed had an empty envelope for each site on a board that was numbered by site number, the idea was that if there was an envelope in the slot, the site was open, you then took that envelope and proceeded to your site. Upon departure you placed your money in that envelope and dropped it into a night drop box at the exit. Very much the honor system but most RV'rs are honest people.

North of Indianapolis would be prophetstown state park. It is just North of Lafayette, IN and has pull throughs. It's not a quick easy on easy off but not bad either. Lebanon, IN has a Walmart that always allows campers to stop over for the night and it is a very safe location. There are numerous truck stops in Lebanon as well.

In Remington, IN, north of Lafayette, there is another campground called caboose lake. It does not have pull through sites but is very close to the interstate. Don't be tempted by the Thortown campgrounds, NOT easy to get to and full of very friendly locals but not a place for a quick overnight.