Rob Plays is an interesting youtube channel, I've followed him since he did minecraft disney map reviews.  Hes shifted gears and now does some thought provoking videos and most are really good.   Though I'm not the biggest descendants fan, I like his ideas in this video.  What do you guys think?

I don't know anything about this descendants thing, and don't know if it's a well known Disney thing I have just missed?  I definitely wouldn't want to look out from the Fort, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, or Bay Lake Tower and see what looks to be an abandoned city on an island. If they were going to do something like that with it I prefer seeing something pirates themed that they could possibly make look more themed to surrounding properties. Better yet leave Discovery Island alone. 

I know there are a lot of Star Wars fans these days, but I wonder if there is enough interest in something like that to cause Disney to pick up on it.  I may be in the vast minority, but I do not like Star Wars, never have, and don't plan on studying to make myself educated on all of the surrounding characters and the such.

To those who are fans, I have nothing against Star Wars, just not my cup of tea.

On 9/1/2017 at 8:02 PM, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

I don't know anything about this descendants thing, and don't know if it's a well known Disney thing I have just missed?  I definitely wouldn't want to look out from the Fort, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, or Bay Lake Tower and see what looks to be an abandoned city on an island. If they were going to do something like that with it I prefer seeing something pirates themed that they could possibly make look more themed to surrounding properties. Better yet leave Discovery Island alone. 

Descendants was popular enough to spin off a bunch of toys, cartoons and a second made for TV movie.

It's a big tween thing, characters are kids of Disney princesses, princes, and villains.

The villains kids were granted clemency to leave their island home and come to the mainland to go to school and see if they can integrate into society.

Bloggers like this guy are delusional.

Think about the logistics of trying to put a resort on that island.

The Star Wars resort next to Hollywood Studios makes sense.  The infrastructure is all there.  And that franchise has millions of fans.

But building a resort on an island for fans of a couple of Disney Channel movies?

No way.

TCD

When I first pitched the idea of the 3000 loop to Bobby over beer and wings, he suggested using Discovery Island.  Too much beer, Bobby.  Transporting all those RV's over to the island would be a logistical nightmare.  I don't even want to consider the litigation from all those accidental drownings after one of the beer pong parties that are a weekly event.