• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a few pictures from yesterday: Entrance to the 100 and 200 loops: Newly paved road after sewer line repair: Damaged fence at Meadows Trading Post: Canal in

If anyone on here evacuates up to the northeast Alabama area you are welcome to park at my shop. We have power and a dump station available.

I finally heard from my older sister.  She made it out of Port St. Lucie and up to some family we have in NYC.  And now the great news. Friday her doctor called her and told her that she doesn't have

Posted Images

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you who are in the path of this horrible storm.  I've been monitoring the updates since I have so many friends and family in NE FL, then yesterday when the path shifted west I immediately thought of many of you who are in that part of the state.  I hope you are able to get to a safer place if you can.  

4 hours ago, keith_h said:

Hoping for the best for everyone living in Florida. Based on the numbers and track I'm seeing it isn't really going to weaken and most of the state will see the N.E. quadrant.

It seems strange to me that they don't have sites in multiple locations to handle reservations. I don't know of any company the size of Disney that wouldn't. In fact it was events like this that would have many large customers I knew to already be running on backup computer systems and ensuring workload was shifted to available call and computer centers.

Disney definitely does it's reservations centers differently.  They use direct numbers for Disneyland and WDW.   The cruise line appears to have an 800 number.  Each reservation center only handles reservations for it's specialty area.   Disneyland can't book for WDW,  for instance.  It is less expensive to do it this way, for sure.   

One thing no one has mentioned, Florida is a big farming state, not only do we have a chance to loose our homes, but also lose our income for the year. Oranges are almost ready to change color and be picked which means they will be blown off the trees easier, heard somewhere they expect 80 percent to be lost where the storm hits. Trees will be torn up and it takes several years for them to recover. A friend just made beds for strawberries 2 weeks ago, materials alone cost about $1000 per acre plus labor and he bedded 200 acres. Another has 50 acres of watermellons just starting to bloom. Wind will completely destroy those beds and there are a lot of farmers here. This mean cost of food is going up, even potato chips  as there are a lot of potatoes grown for Lays around here. Anything above ground will be flattened, everything in the ground will rot, and crops will be late. So pray for us as the storm hits.

2 hours ago, BigTom said:

One thing no one has mentioned, Florida is a big farming state, not only do we have a chance to loose our homes, but also lose our income for the year. Oranges are almost ready to change color and be picked which means they will be blown off the trees easier, heard somewhere they expect 80 percent to be lost where the storm hits. Trees will be torn up and it takes several years for them to recover. A friend just made beds for strawberries 2 weeks ago, materials alone cost about $1000 per acre plus labor and he bedded 200 acres. Another has 50 acres of watermellons just starting to bloom. Wind will completely destroy those beds and there are a lot of farmers here. This mean cost of food is going up, even potato chips  as there are a lot of potatoes grown for Lays around here. Anything above ground will be flattened, everything in the ground will rot, and crops will be late. So pray for us as the storm hits.

And one of the biggest "crops" are tropical fish, and the majority of the farms are just south of Tampa. Their 

protective huts are going to be destroyed !

5 hours ago, BigTom said:

Praying..praying..praying...

Stuck here in Florida because there is no gas to leave. Although I have a full tank, and a 5-gallon can filled, sitting in traffic will eat that up in no time. 

Because we are in northern Florida, I'm not overly concerned, but not looking forward to being without power for a week or longer. Once the storm has passed, if it looks like power will be out for an extended period, will probably take our dogs and head to Alabama or the Carolinas for a week of camping. 

All the stores are out of everything. Gas has not been available since early in the week. When a stores got water shipments this past week, the police came before they would bring it out. Our entire town closed down at 5:00 pm today and nothing scheduled to reopen until Tuesday, at the earliest. Curfew in effect of 8:00 pm to be off the roads. 

Praying for all our Florida fiends and Thrill's family, too. They are all staying put in South Florida.  The forecast now has us in central Georgia pretty concerned.  The strength of the winds we may get worry me - our house is closely surrounded by loads of trees.  We have food and batteries for the assumed power outage.  Light winds often cause limbs to fall on lines around here and take out transformers with lovely green fireworks.  This should be, um, fun.

Quick update, some wind, not bad, raining off and on. Storm is still well south of us. Tornado warning for north of Fort Meade, I live just south of Fort Meade, call Fort Meade home town.  No damage, we are prepared and just waiting. Tom

6 minutes ago, BigTom said:

Quick update, some wind, not bad, raining off and on. Storm is still well south of us. Tornado warning for north of Fort Meade, I live just south of Fort Meade, call Fort Meade home town.  No damage, we are prepared and just waiting. Tom

Thank you for the update.  

Praying for y'all. 

I finally heard from my older sister.  She made it out of Port St. Lucie and up to some family we have in NYC.  And now the great news. Friday her doctor called her and told her that she doesn't have breast cancer as they first thought.  Tests were negative. 

Thank you God!

46 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I finally heard from my older sister.  She made it out of Port St. Lucie and up to some family we have in NYC.  And now the great news. Friday her doctor called her and told her that she doesn't have breast cancer as they first thought.  Tests were negative. 

Thank you God!

Praise the Lord!

Everyone in FL please keep checking in when you can.  Praying for you all.

2 hours ago, BigTom said:

Thank you for the update!  Continuing to pray!

2 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Thank you God!

Thank you Jesus!!!  Praise God...praise God...praise God!

29 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

Doing fine in Clermont so far.  Fairly light winds and rain, should be changing in a couple of hours.  Forecast for our area is for sustained winds of 65 and gusts to 80.  Worst will be from around 11PM to 1AM tonight.

Continuing to pray..

1 minute ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

We have about 25mph winds here in Bradenton right now a little gusty light rain off and on. Power has flickered off and on a few times (knock on wood) it's still on. 

Got up and had a big breakfast, thinking of naps today because I doubt anyone will sleep tonight.

Tom would sleep right through it ?  Me?  Nope,  I'd be up and pacing.  You're in our prayers.

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Continuing to pray..

Tom would sleep right through it ?  Me?  Nope,  I'd be up and pacing.  You're in our prayers.

Might as well get a good nights sleep, staying awake and pacing will do no good and there will be a lot of cleaning up to do the next day.