Blaze Pizza at Disney Springs Is Offering Free Pizza to Hurricane Irma Relief Workers

on: 

Blaze Hurricane Irma

Here at Chip and Co. we’ve long been a fan of Blaze Fast-Fire’D Pizza located at Disney Springs Town Center where guests can customize their own fast-fire’d artisanal pizzas by choosing from over 40 amazing toppings and sauces.  That’ s why we are pleased to share the news with our readers that Blaze is honoring those Recovery Workers toiling tirelessly in the aftermath of Hurricane Irma by offering them free pizzas.

From now until September 17th, the Disney Springs location, as well as other locations throughout the area, will be offering allUtility Workers as well as First Responders a free pizza and a drink.  A valid ID is required in order to qualify for the offer.

Next time you’re at Disney Springs, be sure to stop by Blaze for a tasty pie and to thank them for their efforts in supporting those working hard in Irma’s aftermath.

http://www.chipandco.com/blaze-pizza-disney-springs-offering-free-pizza-hurricane-irma-relief-workers-282229/

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a few pictures from yesterday: Entrance to the 100 and 200 loops: Newly paved road after sewer line repair: Damaged fence at Meadows Trading Post: Canal in

If anyone on here evacuates up to the northeast Alabama area you are welcome to park at my shop. We have power and a dump station available.

I finally heard from my older sister.  She made it out of Port St. Lucie and up to some family we have in NYC.  And now the great news. Friday her doctor called her and told her that she doesn't have

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Disneyzombie said:

Hello everyone!

I haven't posted in a very long time due to the fact we have been traveling the USA and don't have a lot of phone Data. We were evacuated from the Fort last Thursday to the Art of Animation. We are waiting to return. We noticed that disney had the wrong phone number on our paperwork  so after many trips to the front desk here at the AOA and some very long phone waits we decided yesterday to unhook the fifth wheel and go over to the Fort, glad we did because they indeed were trying to contact us to tell us the Fort was still closed. All of our stuff is now updated and corrected.  We were able to get to the guard shack, there was a front desk cast member in the guard shack taking care of the folks that just showed up. The two campers in line in front of us were sent to the Pop. We could see just what you can see from the shack, lots of trees down, front desk looked OK and the Outpost and barn looked fine. All those campers and trailers that I have no clue why they are always there looked fine too. We asked about the damage but nobody was talking  

We decided to stay because we were afraid to be on the road with the camper, we just made the decision that our life was more important  than the trailer. Ours and 25 other campers faired fine here in what I'm calling Disney's AOA resort and campground we are in loop Cars 1. 

We have a suite so we were able to save all our food except the ice cream and that's what we had for dinner the first night. AOA has been great. So that's our story, just waiting to hear when we can return. 

Brenda

Glad to see that Disney took care of you guys by setting you up in a suite.  We were wondering how they were going to handle things.  When we were there we had a party of 6 and that definitely won't fit in a standard room.

53 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I'm not sure whether this is still happening, but I saw unconfirmed reports during Irma that Disney was allowing people evacuating to their resorts to bring their pets.

Yes, I read that too.  I don't know if they'd extend the same courtesy , for new people coming in this week,  but it would be very nice if they did. 

It doesn't surprise me that the Fort will take a while to clean up. Downed trees are easy to clean up. It is all of the Widow Makers hanging around up above that will take time to take care of. They might look fine now but all it takes is one decent thunderstorm to bring one down on a guest or their RV. I rather they clean up the right way than rush to reopen.

12 minutes ago, Disneyzombie said:

Yes, dogs were allowed at the resorts for folks evacuated from the Fort and for folks evacuated from thier homes! 

That was done since the Governor requested all hotels and motels waive pet restrictions.

1 hour ago, keith_h said:

It doesn't surprise me that the Fort will take a while to clean up. Downed trees are easy to clean up. It is all of the Widow Makers hanging around up above that will take time to take care of. They might look fine now but all it takes is one decent thunderstorm to bring one down on a guest or their RV

Nothing about that paragraph is comforting… 

7 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

We had a reservation for the Fort this weekend, they were giving the option of canceling with a refund of the deposit, changing the reservation to a different time, or switching to another resort where they would allow you to bring your pets.

That's great to hear...

9 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Just hope they fall while your at the park and not in the RV. See there's  the comforting part. 

Wow...thanks.  I feel much better now ☺

On 9/13/2017 at 11:59 PM, h2odivers...Ray said:

so proud of my nephew, sgt trenton richards.  He and about 2000 Oklahoma guardsman are down on Texas helping with hurricane relief.  They are in Sinton Texas just outside of Corpus Christi.  He made the evening news.  He sent us the raw footage and I posted it on my Facebook page.  Actually I shared his mom's post as I don't know how to post videos on any social media  

More evidence of the honorable service given by the Guard that is often overlooked.  

19 hours ago, fotofx....Steve said:

Disney just called. Was scheduled to check in tomorrow. She said they are still working towards a Monday reopening but gave me a great deal on Wilderness Lodge.

I don't want to say publicly what they did but I am VERY happy.

Wonderful news!  Enjoy.

16 hours ago, Disneyzombie said:

Yes, dogs were allowed at the resorts for folks evacuated from the Fort and for folks evacuated from thier homes! 

Glad to hear that.

15 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

That was done since the Governor requested all hotels and motels waive pet restrictions.

I heard that also, but there was some confusion on the interwebz (big shocker there).  There was some misinformation going around that it was some FEMA/State law/mandate that all hotels HAD to allow pets during an emergency... which sadly is not true, but the people sharing it were telling people to show up and insist they had to take their pets.  (sigh)

4 hours ago, AC in A2 said:

From that Snopes article...

"The creator of this particular story must have felt some  remorse after posting it, as the article was later removed and replaced with a message explaining that it had been a “bad joke”:
Despite the article’s deletion, however, the rumor continued to circulate as web sites like ViralDisney.net republished near verbatim copies of the story. These web sites are unaffiliated with Walt Disney World, which has indicated in public statements that Fort Wilderness will soon reopen. "

I'd heard something yesterday that it was a prank - seriously?!?!  Just another reason to always check your sources.  There were a couple of red flags on that page that suggested it was bogus (plus searching turned up zero other news/website with the same information) but people shared it all over the place anyway.  (double sigh)

If anyone is in the Plant City area tomorrow, Hardwood BBQ is offering a FREE HOT LUNCH...

PLEASE SHARE!!!! PLEASE INVITE!!!!

Calling all Hurricane Irma first responders, power service men & women, police officers, firemen, nurses, doctors, farmers repairing your farms, tree trimming providers, city & county workers, whoever you are, and anyone negatively affected by the storm!

We know you've all been working day and night towards recovery efforts or you've been trapped at home with no power or fuel. Maybe you haven't had a home cooked hot meal in a while. Well we want to take care of that!

Please stop by this Saturday September 16th at 
Diamond R Fertilizer Company
(We are right around the corner from the festival staging grounds) 
103 S Alexander Street
Plant City, FL 33563

Sam's Club waives membership fees to help Irma victims

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

POSTED: SEP 13 2017 08:31PM EDT

TAMPA (FOX 13) - Sam's Clubs in the Bay Area are temporarily waiving membership fees to help those affected by Hurricane Irma.

Sam’s Club says all club locations in the Bay Area have reopened and are open to non-members beginning Wednesday, September 13.

The following Sam’s Club locations are open to the public until further notice:

-Bradenton, 5300 30th St. E
-Brandon, 2021 W. Brandon Blvd.
-Brooksville, 13360 Cortez Blvd.
-Clearwater, 2575 Gulf To Bay Blvd.
-Lakeland, 3530 Lakeland Highlands Rd.
-Lakeland, 4600 U.S. Highway 98 N
-New Port Richey, 4330 US 19
-Pinellas Park, 7001 Park Blvd.
-Riverview, 10385 Big Bend Rd.
-Sarasota, 300 N. Cattlemen Rd.
-St. Petersburg, 1725 34th St. N.
-Tampa, 15835 North Dale Mabry Hwy.
-Tampa, 5135 South Dale Mabry Hwy.
-Wesley Chapel, 27727 State Road 56

During a time of emergency, Sam's Club says its priority is to identify the best ways to serve the communities in which it operates. 

That’s why the club locations in the Tampa area welcome everyone in the community to shop and get recovery supplies

Sam's Club reminds everyone you do not need a membership to purchase gas at its stores. An end date for the offer has not been set. 

http://www.fox13news.com/consumer/sams-club-waives-membership-fees-to-help-irma-victims

A bit of damage inside the parks... although seems ironic that Mr. Toad is the one still standing. ;)

Excerpted from The Inquisitr...

Hello Giggles caught wind of something that happened over at Haunted Mansion, which ended up disturbing a few furry friends in the pet cemetery. If you’re a hardcore fan of the attraction, these may hurt your heart.

A large tree was uprooted, which ended up causing the tombstones on the slanted hill to become overturned. Many of them appear to have fallen down and toppled over one another which broke pieces off here and there.

It is the tree in the center of the pet cemetery, which caused the majority of the damage and essentially started a domino effect with the tombstones.

While this is something that will obviously be able to be fixed, Haunted Mansion fans find it hard to look at. The pet cemetery bids guests farewell after exiting the attraction, and it even has some hidden things that keep other “lost” parts of the park alive.

Those with a keen eye have spotted the tombstone belonging to Mr. Toad, who used to have his own attraction in Fantasyland. Hurricane Irma may have caused damage to some tombstones, but he is still standing tall after the tree was uprooted.

walt disney world hurricane irma haunted mansion graveyard damage
[Image by Danny Cox]

Around Magic Kingdom, a few attractions remain closed due to some damage from Hurricane Irma, but they are already starting to reopen. Jungle Cruise remains closed, as some trees and a bit of debris are removed from the waterways.

[Featured Image by Danny Cox]

Full article - https://www.inquisitr.com/4497710/the-haunted-mansion-at-wdw-did-suffer-some-damage-during-irma-and-it-isnt-easy-to-look-at-photos/

On 9/11/2017 at 7:01 PM, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

How are fiends holding up in GA?

Thrill and I are fine, just sitting in the dark.  We lost power about 3:00 this afternoon and are not sure when it will come back on. So many people in our area are out of power it may take a while.  We lost some limbs and loads of twigs. The only damage we found was one piece of siding that came off and landed in our yard (so at least we have the piece to put back on). Quite a few people in our neighborhood have trees laying on their houses so we feel really blessed to have escaped with no damage. The crazy thing is the remainder of the storm is heading toward my parents in north MS!

*Edited - This evidently didn't post the other day.  Not sure why but it popped up saying it had now been restored.   Cool.  Our power hs since been restored, too. That is even MORE cool!

59 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

A bit of damage inside the parks... although seems ironic that Mr. Toad is the one still standing. ;)

I guess Irma is a fan of Toad.   Hmmmm.....  noisy, reckless, dangerous,  brash.    I can see that. 

2 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Busch Gardens and Sea World were offering BOGO tickets.  They immediately got slammed for not offering a better discount, "we will have to buy food, pay for parking, etc", whine whine...

Winn Dixies are giving out 40 pound boxes of ice tomorrow are certain locations.

Chik Fil A as soon as they opened offered free ice and would fill up water jugs.

Some micro breweries were offering the same, filling up jugs with filtered water.

A Wal-Mart in Clearwater set up tables and chairs and microwaves in their entrance are for shoppers to cook food they purchased if they didn't have electricity.

A Big Lots somewhere in the Tampa area set up free food lines in their parking lot yesterday for people without power and first responders/linemen.

Lots of good will out there, which will hopefully offset the scum that are looting boarded up homes or posing as utility/city workers and robbing people when they answer their doors.

I am totally amazed how this storm affected different properties/areas.

I'm not complaining and feel blessed by how little damage we incurred at our house.

We had a few small dead limbs fall out of our 3 big trees.  My wife was convinced our house was going to be crushed by falling trees, but other than those limbs and some small twigs and leaves we were great. Same with my neighbors on either side.

We have an older lightweight gazebo/screen room sitting in the back yard that was still standing when we got back home.  It only had a few small metal tent spikes holding it into the ground, but it withstood the storm.

Other houses all around my neighborhood have tons of downed trees and limbs stacked high out on the curbs.  One street was blocked for 3 days by a fallen tree.

Driving to and from work there would be power on one side of the street and none on the other, downed trees on one block and pristine yards on the next. One block the traffic lights were working the next they were out.

18 minutes ago, keith_h said:

I figure that is why they are taking so much time to clean up. It takes time to go around all of the loops and look for those things up in the trees and remove them.

That's possible.  But I am glad that you said it, as it's a good reminder to look up and around when you get to your site.  Any site really....but especially after a storm.  So, thank you ^_^

1 hour ago, DramaMama .......... Janet said:

Thrill and I are fine, just sitting in the dark.  We lost power about 3:00 this afternoon and are not sure when it will come back on. So many people in our area are out of power it may take a while.  We lost some limbs and loads of twigs. The only damage we found was one piece of siding that came off and landed in our yard (so at least we have the piece to put back on). Quite a few people in our neighborhood have trees laying on their houses so we feel really blessed to have escaped with no damage. The crazy thing is the remainder of the storm is heading toward my parents in north MS!

*Edited - This evidently didn't post the other day.  Not sure why but it popped up saying it had now been restored.   Cool.  Our power hs since been restored, too. That is even MORE cool!

Glad you're safe and your power is back on!

32 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Busch Gardens and Sea World were offering BOGO tickets.  They immediately got slammed for not offering a better discount, "we will have to buy food, pay for parking, etc", whine whine...

Winn Dixies are giving out 40 pound boxes of ice tomorrow are certain locations.

Chik Fil A as soon as they opened offered free ice and would fill up water jugs.

Some micro breweries were offering the same, filling up jugs with filtered water.

A Wal-Mart in Clearwater set up tables and chairs and microwaves in their entrance are for shoppers to cook food they purchased if they didn't have electricity.

A Big Lots somewhere in the Tampa area set up free food lines in their parking lot yesterday for people without power and first responders/linemen.

Lots of good will out there, which will hopefully offset the scum that are looting boarded up homes or posing as utility/city workers and robbing people when they answer their doors.

Whine...whine...whine can go the heck away.  So awesome to hear about all the kindness being offered.  The offer by that Wal-Mart really touched my heart.

24 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I am totally amazed how this storm affected different properties/areas.

I'm not complaining and feel blessed by how little damage we incurred at our house.

We had a few small dead limbs fall out of our 3 big trees.  My wife was convinced our house was going to be crushed by falling trees, but other than those limbs and some small twigs and leaves we were great. Same with my neighbors on either side.

We have an older lightweight gazebo/screen room sitting in the back yard that was still standing when we got back home.  It only had a few small metal tent spikes holding it into the ground, but it withstood the storm.

Other houses all around my neighborhood have tons of downed trees and limbs stacked high out on the curbs.  One street was blocked for 3 days by a fallen tree.

Driving to and from work there would be power on one side of the street and none on the other, downed trees on one block and pristine yards on the next. One block the traffic lights were working the next they were out.

Storms are crazy that way!  Like the tornado that destroys one house and the neighbor's house looks just fine.