16 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Ugh...so sorry to hear that :(  Is there insurance to help cover something like that?

Don't think there was any insurance for the bedding, most of his equipment will be good, it is mostly mechanical, not powered so will dry out and be all right with a little lubing, he just can't use it until the ground dries out enough to be able to use it. He has some low ground as most of interior Florida is and you can't farm mud, we will be good, farming is an addiction just like  smoking and break away from.  

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a few pictures from yesterday: Entrance to the 100 and 200 loops: Newly paved road after sewer line repair: Damaged fence at Meadows Trading Post: Canal in

If anyone on here evacuates up to the northeast Alabama area you are welcome to park at my shop. We have power and a dump station available.

I finally heard from my older sister.  She made it out of Port St. Lucie and up to some family we have in NYC.  And now the great news. Friday her doctor called her and told her that she doesn't have

Posted Images

4 hours ago, BigTom said:

Don't think there was any insurance for the bedding, most of his equipment will be good, it is mostly mechanical, not powered so will dry out and be all right with a little lubing, he just can't use it until the ground dries out enough to be able to use it. He has some low ground as most of interior Florida is and you can't farm mud, we will be good, farming is an addiction just like  smoking and break away from.  

Sorry to hear about all the damage and loss. We lost an entire flock of chickens to a few racoons one night. They took out 75 chicks that were ready to start laying. We turned around and just bought more. I agree, it's an addiction. Thanks for the update.

42 minutes ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

Sorry to hear about all the damage and loss. We lost an entire flock of chickens to a few racoons one night. They took out 75 chicks that were ready to start laying. We turned around and just bought more. I agree, it's an addiction. Thanks for the update.

75?!?  Wow.  Good glory....

Today the Disney site says this...

We anticipate that Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will reopen later this week, but it remains closed at this time as we clean up the property following the storm.

It does still say that they HDDR and BYBBQ are only closed through today.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/hurricane-irma-info/?CMP=ILC-DPFY17Q4wo0907170913170020E

39 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Today the Disney site says this...

It does still say that they HDDR and BYBBQ are only closed through today.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/hurricane-irma-info/?CMP=ILC-DPFY17Q4wo0907170913170020E

Pushing it past the anticipated 9/20/17 (tomorrow) date??

33 minutes ago, DarkLuthos said:

Ooh - that's been updated in the past couple of hours.  Good news!!

Oh and welcome to Fort Fiends.  :)

1 hour ago, DarkLuthos said:

Yay!!  Great news!  Hopefully it's clean and ready..including the main  road by the 600  loop. 

3 hours ago, DarkLuthos said:

Great news. We are camped in the panhandle right now. Be there around noon.

On 9/17/2017 at 7:16 PM, LONE-STAR said:

We were there last year for the Hurricane it was no big deal they had us at POR. So I drove over from there. I actually got up and was there about about 30 minutes before they opened which I think was 8a.m..  I was 3rd in line but they had every lane open each lane was about 5 campers long they  started check in about 10 minutes before they opened  and by 8:10 I was on my way. It was one of the easiest check-ins ever.  I had left my trailer over at POR so I went back to pick it up plus the family, had breakfast there and did a few things. We got back to the Fort about 10 a.m. and there was no line at the check in.

Thank you for the reply. I have worried about traffic when they throw the gates open. Seems like they had everything under control.

1 hour ago, Specularius said:

I saw a picture of a Grand Design Imagine set up this morning in their site. Nothing looked out of the ordinary in the picture.

I've read updates, from those set up, that it looks pretty much the same.  No huge changes noted.  Still waiting on an update regarding the road near the 600 loop.

7 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

Doesn't look bad. The campfire and

movie area looks good. The food truck is not there. They are still cutting trees on the main road which is still closed. 900, 500, and 300 loops are open as are 1400.

Nice work.

I saw photos of the food truck on various FW CM's Instagram accounts. They were using it to feed the cast working on the clean up.  So, it's apparently fine and functional, but maybe not ready to be put back in service at the campfire.

TCD