So far I've stayed at:

Amy's South Georgia Campground at Exit 60 in Georgia (Only so, so)

Forsyth KOA, just South of Atlanta (Not to bad, level pull throughs, nice bath house)

Eagle's Roost RV Resort, Exit 5 in Georgia, This is a good one! https://www.eaglesroostresort.com/

When Rick comes with me, we usually stay in a hotel on the way down.  We usually stop at the Ramada at Exit 62.

www.wyndhamrewards.com is my favored chain of hotels for when I'm on the road.

We stop at the Inn & Out RV Park in Lake City US 90 at I-75.  Convenient to the interstate (but far enough away from the noise), lots of places to eat, WalMart, Home Depot (or Lowes).  Nothing special, but level pull thru spaces, a convenience store, and a Subway on the property...gas, deisel, propane.  Never used the bathhouses, so i can't speak about them.  Some apparently permanent residents near the front.

Eagle's Roost RV Resort, Exit 5 in Georgia, This is a good one! https://www.eaglesroostresort.com/

We've stayed here too a couple of times and liked it very much. 

For a spot north of ATL on I-75, we have stayed at this place:

http://harvestmoonrvpark.com/index.html  Not bad for an overnight.  Big, level pull throughs in the front section.  Easy on and off I-75.  About half way between Chattanooga and Atlanta. 

We stayed on Eagle's Roost on our last trip. It was fairly neat and clean. I think it was better years ago when it was a KOA, but my memory may be fuzzy on that.

We usually leave in the evenings on the way down. Since we just need a place to rest for the night and we are fully self contained....we stop at the Perry, GA Welcome Center. It is just off the interstate near the fairgrounds. They welcome overnight stays and have a dump station. There's also a Cracker Barrel and diesel carrying gas station across the street.

Carol, we just stayed at Amy's in Tifton --- 2 weeks ago on our way home from Georgia.  It was as you said, just so so.  DH was afraid to set the Mickey lamp out, thought it might not be there in the morning. 

We also stayed at Reed Bingham State Park.  It is just north of Valdosta (Exit 39).  It is about 6 miles off I-75.  We got there after dark and left before dark, but we had a sweet pull thru site and it was spacious enough.  Wish we could've seen it in the daytime, the park looked nice as far as we could tell.  And the bathrooms were much nicer than Florida State parks!

• 2 weeks later...

We've stayed here too a couple of times and liked it very much. 

For a spot north of ATL on I-75, we have stayed at this place:

http://harvestmoonrvpark.com/index.html  Not bad for an overnight.  Big, level pull throughs in the front section.  Easy on and off I-75.  About half way between Chattanooga and Atlanta.

We :rofl2: harvest moon. I always call it Heavenly Rest :eek:

doodlebug

We stayed at Twin Oaks RV Park on our way down.  It was an OK campground.  The comfort stations were kind of scary.  For some reason I just got the feeling that I needed Bruce to stand guard while I showered.  :(  For those of you who followed our trip down last fall, this was also the place where the little girl from the campsite next door asked us why we were parked in their "driveway".  There were a fair number of RVs that looked like they were a bit more than just seasonal.

We have stayed at  Kentucky Horse Park- Kentucky

Renfroe Valley- Tennessee

Fox Inn Campground- Norris Tennessee nothing to write home about but it is quiet and the owners are nice

Harvest Moon Georgia one of our favorites

KOA - Forsyth, Georgia

Inn & Out Lake City, Florida again nothing to write home about but there are a lot of conveniences nearby

doodlebug

I'm pretty sure we're going to stay at the Forsyth KOA in December on our way down.  I'm just worried where we're going to stay on the way home.  It will probably be cold and snowy.

We live in Michigan and in the Winter we usually stop at Harvest Moon. We can make it home from there. We tried going further North a couple of times but it was too cold and several of the campsites that were open didn't have water.

doodlebug

• 1 month later...

On our trip this year, we stayed at:

Monroe, MI

KOA Corbin, KY

KOA Cordele, GA

Ocala, Fl (ex-KOA)

on the return we stayed at St Augustine, Forsythe and Corbin.

We winterized in Corbin and thrn drove straight home.

The Ocala camp ground is now part of a business conglomerate and doesn't seem especially loved.  :rofl2:

• 3 weeks later...

We've stayed at Ocala North RV Park http://www.ocalanorthrv.com/ a couple times close to Reddick, FL..... it's fine, some semi-permanent residents, but there's a designated section of 'short timer' lots that are fine - didn't investigate the bath houses, but it's clean, well-kept, and their regular rates were (last December) $36 a night but they accept Passport America bringing it down to $18.00 a night....

The only complaint was that their entrance is on a dark highway, and is quite hard to see at night.

Anybody stay at BEST HOLIDAY TRAV-L-PARK near Chattanooga right off I-75??

http://www.chattacamp.com/

I'm thinking about staying there on my way to North Carolina next week for an overnighter.

Yes, we stayed there last month for a weekend.  It's fine for that, or just an overnight.  VERY clean bathhouse...with private showers.  You will like those I think.  The sites are "ok"...close together all in rows. 

I think I did a review on Lisa's site, as well as posted some pics on here on the "pictures of other campgrounds" page.  I'll look for it.

Ok, on edit...here is the link to my pics:  http://fortfiends.net/forum/index.php?topic=1442.0

• 2 years later...

Bump for an old topic. Just got back from the Fort, and we stayed at Georgia Veterans State Park on the way down. A little off the interstate... about 9 miles or so near Cordele, GA. Clean and quiet, and cheap ($28) which was good since we pulled in around 11pm... quiet as a mouse and found a nice flat pull through site. Only water and electric here, we didn't unhook from the car, just plugged in the shore power and flopped the front bunk down and were there 'til we left around 7am. They've got a train that runs around the campground and a bunch of old war planes and tanks near the front of the park. 

• 1 year later...

I'm going to be improper and hit up 2 different threads with the same info. This one because the subject line says "I-75" and another one that talks about Tifton, GA. We hit up the I-75 RV park for an overnight stop on our way from the Thousand Trails Orlando campground (near Clermont) to Stone Mountain, Georgia. It was further than we wanted to drive in a day since we had my mother-in-law in the back seat with the kids.

Overall, nice place- a lot of road noise as it is literally just off of an exit ramp. Full hookups. The downside was that there wasn't a pool. The upside is that the managers were literally some of the friendliest people.

Click for pictures and a review.