RIP Jingle Cruise?

The TCD Gang is back from a quick trip to Disneyland.

While there, Twin #1 caught up with some of her old Skipper friends.

Word on the street there is that the Jingle Cruise overlay for the Jungle Cruise attraction has been scrapped this year, both at Disneyland and at WDW.

You heard it here first.

This may not end up being a big deal at WDW, as there apparently was substantial damage to the attraction from Hurricane Irma, and it may not be open for several months.

TCD

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just heard through the coconut telegraph that Jungle Cruise reopened last night. So, the rumors about substantial hurricane damage were not true. But, I still haven't seen an official anno

The TCD Gang is back from a quick trip to Disneyland. While there, Twin #1 caught up with some of her old Skipper friends. Word on the street there is that the Jingle Cruise overlay for the

It's a shame, but it seems like members of this board are not as interested in trip reports as they used to be. Which is fine.  Things change. I am not sure at this point if I'll ever bother writing a

57 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The TCD Gang is back from a quick trip to Disneyland.

While there, Twin #1 caught up with some of her old Skipper friends.

Word on the street there is that the Jingle Cruise overlay for the Jungle Cruise attraction has been scrapped this year, both at Disneyland and at WDW.

You heard it here first.

This may not end up being a big deal at WDW, as there apparently was substantial damage to the attraction from Hurricane Irma, and it may not be open for several months.

TCD

So...the ride is currently closed?  Curious as we haven't gotten notification (on our FP) for our trip here in a few weeks.

3 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

So...the ride is currently closed?  Curious as we haven't gotten notification (on our FP) for our trip here in a few weeks.

Yes, it is currently closed.  The official Disney website currently states:

Jungle Cruise is currently closed for refurbishment. Please check back here for updates.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/jungle-cruise/

TCD Twin #1 has heard rumors from WDW skippers that the Trader Sam animatronic was severely damaged by a falling tree, and that the roof of the temple was damaged as well.  If the temple damage rumor is true, the closure will be long, as they will need to get some equipment in to repair the building.   That will be a major fix.

Perhaps the fact that you haven't been notified about your Fastpasses is a good sign that the rumors of severe damage are false, or it could simply be that notifying guests that far out is not a priority. 

TCD

21 minutes ago, Beckers said:

But the real question is, do we get a trip report?

That's a no on this trip.

In between what a PITA Photobucket has become and the lack of interest and responses to the last trip report I posted, I decided to not bother with taking as many photos as I typically do on trips.  I ended up enjoying the trip a lot more, and, honestly, I'm glad that I don't have a report to write now.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

In between what a PITA Photobucket has become and the lack of interest and responses to the last trip report I posted, I decided to not bother with taking as many photos as I typically do on trips.  I ended up enjoying the trip a lot more, and, honestly, I'm glad that I don't have a report to write now.

TCD

I totally sympathize.  For our longer trips I spend hundreds of hours writing my trip reports, and it's really disheartening when I feel like only a handful of people read them.

24 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

I totally sympathize.  For our longer trips I spend hundreds of hours writing my trip reports, and it's really disheartening when I feel like only a handful of people read them.

It's a shame, but it seems like members of this board are not as interested in trip reports as they used to be. Which is fine.  Things change. I am not sure at this point if I'll ever bother writing another.

12 minutes ago, Tony said:

But I'm glad you were able to have able to enjoy the trip more!

This is true.  It was nice to just enjoy the trip, and not worry about trying to document everything we did.

TCD

I read them, but don't comment because someone has already said what I would said and I feel pretty stupid looking like a copy cat. 

That being said, you should definitely put you and your family first for your vacations. 

I do apologize for not showing my appreciation for your time and insights.  And everyone else who has written a trip report, I also apologize to.

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

29 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

It was sad to read both of these, I always look forward to reading trip reports. Unfortunately I'm horrible at remembering to take pictures or what I did and tend to feel like a ramble on or run out of things when I have tried to write trip reports. But when I first started stalking I mean reading Fort Fiends I think I read through most of not all the old trip reports. They were and are a great way to learn about the Fort and Disney, plus tricks and/or not so well publicized things to see and do. I think I first heard of Yehaa Bob in a trip report and now we try to get to his shows whenever possible. 

7 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

It's a shame, but it seems like members of this board are not as interested in trip reports as they used to be. Which is fine.  Things change. I am not sure at this point if I'll ever bother writing another.

This is true.  It was nice to just enjoy the trip, and not worry about trying to document everything we did.

TCD

Sorry to hear this but I totally get it, writing reports are a lot of work.  I'm also guilty of reading and not posting much, sorry.

Honestly with social media being so easy to post pictures and updates I don't think I'll ever do a trip report again either.  I actually looked into doing a blog as a place to write trip reports for my family and it was easier and cheaper than photobucket, but it was still a lot of work.  I already do a printed photo bucket for each trip, archive my digital photos, and sometime do a video for fun trips, after all that it's really hard to write a report.

WBI

4 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Yes, it is currently closed.  The official Disney website currently states:

Jungle Cruise is currently closed for refurbishment. Please check back here for updates.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/jungle-cruise/

TCD Twin #1 has heard rumors from WDW skippers that the Trader Sam animatronic was severely damaged by a falling tree, and that the roof of the temple was damaged as well.  If the temple damage rumor is true, the closure will be long, as they will need to get some equipment in to repair the building.   That will be a major fix.

Perhaps the fact that you haven't been notified about your Fastpasses is a good sign that the rumors of severe damage are false, or it could simply be that notifying guests that far out is not a priority. 

TCD

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

I'm glad you enjoyed the time with your family.  Time goes so fast.

1 hour ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

You don't need any more on your plate but... I always enjoy your pictures.  They are lovely Gwen.

4 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Good for you Andrew. You have contributed (and I have enoyed) more to the online Fort experience than practically everybody. Thanks man.  Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip.

I'm guilty of not showing as much appreciation for your hard work, and for that I'm sorry. No excuses, just a change in my operating envirnment.

Everyone has fallen off on the trip reports. I understand, it is a pain, especially now that a decent image host is much harder to find.

We just recently came back from Labor Day, and took lots more pictures, and did lots of things that are not on our normal list. We took our nephew and did lots of 11 YO boy stuff. I was full well planning on a trip report, and I may still, but finding a photo host has me stumped at the moment.

TCD, I fully understand your not doing the TR anymore but will miss seeing them, it was always a GREAT DAY when I saw a new TR from you and all your wonderful pictures, it made not getting to DW much seem that much better. Glad you enjoyed your time at DL and hope to cross paths during the Christmas week trip, we are scheduled at SSR but are on a wait list for Bay Lake Towers ( I doubt we will get ) would love for you to come to either resort to explore.

I nearly didn't comment on this given others have said pretty much what I was going to, but that seems to be part of the issue.  Like a lot of others I started lurking here, reading trip reports to work out what FW was like and what I should bring with me etc.  I probably started posting after the number of them had dropped off.

I understand the time it takes to post them and the extra effort required to remember to take pictures so you can  share something on here. Not overly great at that, I tend to get caught up.   It seemed like one of your last ones was an attempt to restart interest in trip reports, so I can understand this but they will be missed.

I find them a different medium from fb posts, although a blog would accomplish much the same.

Personally, I will do a trip report for my thanks giving cabin trip, and make sure I actually comment on the next one I see.