Site/loop insight appreciated for 42ft fifthwheel

Greetings!  We will be arriving to Fort on 11/9 (second visit, but first with our own camper).  Have 42ft fifth wheel pulled by long bed dually.   I am really struggling with what loop to request.  Mostly looking for good site length, privacy and a loop with its own or shared comfort station.   Hubby is always concerned about blindside backin's.  Not as concerned with pet vs. non pet, proximity to bus stop, Settlement or Outpost areas, but would like to be somewhat near Meadow Pool.  The 1300 (not near basketball hoop) and 1200 loops look nice with lots of long sites, but many are listed as difficult/very hard back ins on the App.   Any advice is appreciated!  I'm so thankful for this website- it has been super helpful!

Heidi

Another thing we need to know is on the water,  backup to road, etc?

The 1300 loop isn't near a basket ball court but is across the canal from the Meadows pool which has pool parties in the afternoon that can get loud. They do stop by dinner time. We have a small trailer so fit easily in any site so take this with a grain of salt. In the 1300 loop the easiest sites to back into will tend to be on the outside of the loop and would all require blindside backing. The first couple on the inside near the CS might also work and you would not have to worry about blindside backing. I have only walked 1200 and think it will be similar but it also feels a bit tighter to me.  You also have the 1400 loop which is really two loops. The inside loop is tight so you would want to use the outside loop. This loop also has some sites near the entrance that are on the basketball court. On both the 1300 and 1400 there are a site or two that more or less align with the loop road that would be easier to back into but they might not be long enough for you. You can see these on Google maps or Goggle Earth.

Probably the best thing to do being your first time with the trailer is to ensure your reservation has all of the length information for your TT and TV. I would also put in a preference for easy backing. This will let the site planner know you need a bit more space than a lot of folks. Another thing to remember is if your assigned site has problems you can contact the front desk and request a new site.

We like the 900 loop. It's not a bad walk from the pool or campfire but far enough you don't hear it, plus it's nice to be able to just walk to the meadows trading post. 

The in the 500 loop sites 540-542 if I remember correctly are very easy to get into being able to back up almost straight into them. The only problem is the seem closer together because of how they sit on the corner and do back up to the canal. 

12 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

We like the 900 loop. It's not a bad walk from the pool or campfire but far enough you don't hear it, plus it's nice to be able to just walk to the meadows trading post. 

The in the 500 loop sites 540-542 if I remember correctly are very easy to get into being able to back up almost straight into them. The only problem is the seem closer together because of how they sit on the corner and do back up to the canal. 

I was going to suggest 500 also - lots of deep and really wide sites in there, not too many that would be tough to back into.  I'd just recommend avoiding the ones about mid-way around on the outside, as there are 3 or 4 that back up to the street and the sidewalk is very close (don't have the numbers handy, sorry).  I also like the location of 500 - not too far to walk to Settlement or the pool/Meadows area.

17 minutes ago, keith_h said:

That is the loop we stay in. I know the playground is there but have never noticed a basketball court nor heard it for that matter.

Well, there is definitely a basketball hoop and a concrete slab adjacent to the playground in the 1300 loop.  If you ever stayed in 1333 or 1334, and anyone was using the basketball court, you would hear it.

TCD

19 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Well, there is definitely a basketball hoop and a concrete slab adjacent to the playground in the 1300 loop.  If you ever stayed in 1333 or 1334, and anyone was using the basketball court, you would hear it.

TCD

I'm not doubting you. We walk through that area frequently and I have never noticed it. Then again I've never seen anyone using the playground either. Could be the time of year we usually  visit which is after Halloween and before Thanksgiving.

7 minutes ago, keith_h said:

I'm not doubting you. We walk through that area frequently and I have never noticed it. Then again I've never seen anyone using the playground either. Could be the time of year we usually  visit which is after Halloween and before Thanksgiving.

No worries.  You'll see it the next time you're there.

I am surprised that you have never seen that playground in use.  It's popular.

TCD

Thanks to everyone for the insight!  The Hubby and I spent some time last night looking at the Fort Wilderness Site App and matching it up with YouTube videos of the loops- we so appreciate everyone's hard work on those they are most helpful!  I think we have narrowed to right/outside of 1200 with 1300 as backup choice and hope for the best.  We really like the site lengths in 1200- not as concerned with the traffic noise from the 2 roads as we will be gone for most of the daytime hours.  He feels more comfortable with the blindside back in after looking at google satellite view- thinks the sites are angled well.  Does anyone have favorite 1200 loop sites?  Or know how those 2 loops faired from Irma?

42 days and counting- sooo excited!

Heidi

2 hours ago, debbieg said:

What is the Fort Wilderness site app??

Welcome to Fort Fiends!!

The Fort Fiends forum owners created a handy mobile app with specs and photos of all the sites at the Fort.  You can find more info and links here - http://www.fortfiends.net/topic/16887-loopsite-info-page-backup/

• 3 months later...