Best to leave loop open-ended?

We have a premium site reserved for our upcoming trip - I'm hoping to have enough space to set up the tent as well (we have a 35' tt).  Since we will have a golf cart, I'm less worried about proximity to things and more concerned with having a site large enough to accommodate the trailer and tent.  All I really prefer is that it is a non-pet loop.  Should I list ALL of these things, including a particular loop, in my request, or would I be better served to limit it to the site size and non-pet preferences and leave the loop out of it altogether? 

Unfortunately, there are no longer non pet loops at Fort Wilderness.  All loops are now considered pet loops.  I don't have a dog, but normally I don't find them to be an issue.  I would state the size of your rig and what you're bringing and then list a loop or two you would prefer.

Just now, djsamuel said:

Unfortunately, there are no longer non pet loops at Fort Wilderness.  All loops are now considered pet loops.  I don't have a dog, but normally I don't find them to be an issue.  I would state the size of your rig and what you're bringing and then list a loop or two you would prefer.

I hadn't heard this - everything I read had pet and non-pet loops listed.  Is this new - or am I just looking at old stiff?  Not an extraordinary issue for us, as we actually have a dog.  But, ours won't be with us and I've had some experience with people being ignorant of yapping dogs in campsites, so I would have preferred the other option.

Just now, mickeyfan0805 said:

I hadn't heard this - everything I read had pet and non-pet loops listed.  Is this new - or am I just looking at old stiff?  Not an extraordinary issue for us, as we actually have a dog.  But, ours won't be with us and I've had some experience with people being ignorant of yapping dogs in campsites, so I would have preferred the other option.

It is recent.  We stay at the Fort several times a year and our stay in August was the first time I saw that the pet bag dispensers are installed in every loop now.  

7 minutes ago, keith_h said:

There never has been a pet free loop as they still put people with pets in the non-pet loops.

You must be a newbie.

The original rules were no pets in the campground, and that was enforced.

Then it was loosened to allow pets only in the 1600-1900 loops, and that was enforced.

Then they added a few more pet loops, and that was enforced for a while.

Then they gave up.

TCD

19 hours ago, djsamuel said:

Is this true...or just our frustration at management not enforcing policies?  Genuinely curious as we really like the 100 loop, but haven't been able to stay there these past 18 months because we got the dog.

26 minutes ago, keith_h said:

I'm not a lifer like some folks. ;)  About 5 years for the Fort so that is my basis.

I'm sorry to hear that. You missed the Fort at its prime.

19 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Is this true...or just our frustration at management not enforcing policies?  Genuinely curious as we really like the 100 loop, but haven't been able to stay there these past 18 months because we got the dog.

Yes, it's true. There are no longer official pet loops. 

TCD

7 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Wow.  Okay.  That's good to know.  Thank you.

Oh...is that the same for tent sites??   :huh:

The Disney site currently says that pets are not allowed in tents or pop-up campers. 

But, I have seen campers in tents and pop-up campers with dogs on every stay I've had at the Fort for the past few years. 

EVERY TRIP.

TCD

Just now, Tri-Circle-D said:

The Disney site currently says that pets are not allowed in tents or pop-up campers. 

But, I have seen campers in tents and pop-up campers with dogs on every stay I've had at the Fort for the past few years. 

EVERY TRIP.

TCD

I think that's horrible.  Unless, they are taking their dog to the kennel during the day when they're at the parks.  I really hope people aren't leaving their dogs, alone, at a tent site....

20 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

I think that's horrible.  Unless, they are taking their dog to the kennel during the day when they're at the parks.  I really hope people aren't leaving their dogs, alone, at a tent site....

Wouldn't surprise me that they would. I would hope they are putting them in crate in a shaded area with plenty of airflow but who knows these days.

Just now, keith_h said:

Wouldn't surprise me that they would. I would hope they are putting them in crate in a shaded area with plenty of airflow but who knows these days.

Ugh.. goodness, I hope not.  So many things could go wrong there.  I mean, I guess if it's winter (with temps at 70 during the day), in the shade with a fan... maybe.  But, that still doesn't seem safe.   

I don't know.

I'm going to be curious to see what happens re: the whole "no more pet/non-pet loops" thing when we get there in about a month.  We booked Preferred Pet ages ago - which we usually do and usually puts us in 300. We love the 300 loop (a handful of sites in particular) and will include that in our request, but I suppose there's a chance we could land in 100 or 200 this year.

Sort of to the original question in general - I'd say your best bet is usually to give them your top requirements (close to XYZ, etc) vs specific sites/loops.  If you request just a specific site/loop and they can't give it to you (because that loop/site is already full) at least they have some useful criteria for picking you a site that would work for you.

I wouldn't stress to much about being able to fit your TT and tent. List the size of your TT and note you'll also have a tent, download the Fort Fiends app so you can check the site out at check-in. Our TT overall is 34ft and we have always had at least one easy up canopy on our site and at time 2 of them. Also with having a golf cart if you do end up tight on space you could park your tow vehicle in the overflow lot and use your golf cart to get to it when you need to use it. 

2 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Sort of to the original question in general - I'd say your best bet is usually to give them your top requirements (close to XYZ, etc) vs specific sites/loops.  If you request just a specific site/loop and they can't give it to you (because that loop/site is already full) at least they have some useful criteria for picking you a site that would work for you.

That is what we do. We have a specific site we like and so I ask for it but I follow it with a description of wanting the outside of the loop, backing to water or open space. I also ask to be away from sporting areas. Strange I know with having our favorite site being across from the Meadows pool but it is quiet in the morning and evening when we like to watch the wading birds.

• 4 weeks later...

We have a pop up and camp in the tent loops. Although we don't bring our dogs to Disney, we do have ice cold air and security cameras that we could keep an eye on things, as well as the thermometer, to be sure there were no a/c glitches. Maybe others are doing that? Personally, I don't think Disney is fun for pets. We are away from them too much. If I had to bring them, for some unforeseen reason, they would stay at Best Friends while we were at the parks. The days are just too long for them to be alone. 

21 hours ago, geoffdaddy said:

Thankfully we've never experienced noise from pets while at the Fort...even though we've seen several pets in campers in the loops we've stayed at.

We were in 1500 one time, and someone in the 1600 loop had a dog that barked all day long while they were gone.  Another time it was a large pet bird that squawked and screeched all day.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Another time it was a large pet bird that squawked and screeched all day.

A bird is the only problem we've had with pets. We have seen plenty of dogs in the non-pet 1300 loop before they got rid of loop designations but never had any barkers. One visit our neighbors had a Cockatoo that was outside from sun up to sun down and all it did was squawk the hole time the family wasn't with it.

1 minute ago, keith_h said:

A bird is the only problem we've had with pets. We have seen plenty of dogs in the non-pet 1300 loop before they got rid of loop designations but never had any barkers. One visit our neighbors had a Cockatoo that was outside from sun up to sun down and all it did was squawk the hole time the family wasn't with it.

Maybe they camped in 1600 one time!