October 2017 Fort Wilderness Recreation Calendar

The official Disney link has been updated for October- here's the movie and activity guide for October, 2017:

http://image.emails.disneydestinations.com/lib/fe9d15737d66047d71/m/8/PWR1FAKf.pdf

That link will take you to the actual PDF files Disney uses.

Here's some screen shots, including a zoom on the Halloween activities:

october%202017_zpsow7edsno.jpg

october%202017.2_zpsrev7qhbb.jpg

FW%20Halloween%20Activities%202017_zpsuq

TCD

Thanks for posting! Our first Halloween and been anxious to plan for the grandchildren. 

I don't see a movie listed for Monday October 30th. I wonder if they will still have the campfire that night? It's disappointing because my grandchildren will only be spending two nights with us - 30th and 31th. Obviously trick or treating on the 31st, but leaves the other evening blank. 

What is the route of the golf cart parade? 

10 minutes ago, Roberta said:

Thanks for posting! Our first Halloween and been anxious to plan for the grandchildren. 

I don't see a movie listed for Monday October 30th. I wonder if they will still have the campfire that night? It's disappointing because my grandchildren will only be spending two nights with us - 30th and 31th. Obviously trick or treating on the 31st, but leaves the other evening blank. 

What is the route of the golf cart parade? 

I'm guessing the omission of a movie on the night of the 30th might be an error.  They are having a Beach Bash that night, and in the past, they've had an inflatable screen and movie playing at these events.  They usually have the kids counselors and dancing and such at these beach bashes- your grandchildren would probably like those activities.

The golf cart parade comes right down the middle of the campground- starting at the hitch/unhitch area, and continuing to the Settlement.  There is plenty of room to find a spot to watch the parade along that route.

TCD

2 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I'm guessing the omission of a movie on the night of the 30th might be an error.  They are having a Beach Bash that night, and in the past, they've had an inflatable screen and movie playing at these events.  They usually have the kids counselors and dancing and such at these beach bashes- your grandchildren would probably like those activities.

The golf cart parade comes right down the middle of the campground- starting at the hitch/unhitch area, and continuing to the Settlement.  There is plenty of room to find a spot to watch the parade along that route.

TCD

Thank you!!! Yes, the beach bash sounds like fun! My grandchildren are 4,5,7, and 8 so I think they may enjoy the beach bash more than the movie and campfire anyway! 

I totally missed that on  the flyer, as I was reading it as just a place where winners of contests were announced. I may never have realized what it was, so glad I asked about. Looks like we have fun stuff planned for the kids for both days after all. They won't be doing the parks, just the Fort, so wanted some fun lined up. 

6 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Yea, usually the 30th is the legend of Sleepy Hollow along with a special guest appearance by someone on a large black horse.  At least that's how it was 2? years ago when we last went.

2 minutes ago, Roberta said:

One more question - for the Halloween tie dye, how much does it cost? Do you bring your own shirts? 

Thanks again. 

They supply the shirts.

Don't remember exactly but I think around the $10 range give or take a couple of dollars either way.

And just saw this in the fine print

On Monday, October 30, there will not be a Movie Under the Stars, Chip ‘n Dale Campfire and Sing-A-Long due to alternative Halloween activities. See reverse side for details

2 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Yea, usually the 30th is the legend of Sleepy Hollow along with a special guest appearance by someone on a large black horse.  At least that's how it was 2? years ago when we last went.

I went to the pdf link provided and was able to read the fine print better. It says no movie or campfire on the 30th due to alternate activities scheduled. Since I found out what Beach Bash is, that's great with me. 

It's worth noting that those in charge seem to have intentionally toned-down the descriptions of some of the holiday events so as to not attract unwanted guests.  They used to list trick-or-treating as an activity on these schedules, and that just attracted mobs of freeloaders. 

Roberta, the Beach Bash should be a nice, fun event for your grandchildren.  Don't let the lack of more details worry you.  It's better that they don't broadcast everything it entails. 

TCD

41 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

It's worth noting that those in charge seem to have intentionally toned-down the descriptions of some of the holiday events so as to not attract unwanted guests.  They used to list trick-or-treating as an activity on these schedules, and that just attracted mobs of freeloaders. 

If I remember correctly, they left ToT and the GC parade off this schedule last year too. Not sure if it helped cut down on the crowds or not.

7 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Does anyone know, how much the trail rides are?  Promised one to our daughter this trip... so I'm trying to brace myself for the cost :wacko:

Horseback Trail Rides
$55 / 45 minutes

Set out on a peaceful ride through the wilderness atop the back of a fine equine friend. Please note that horseback trail rides through September 30, 2017 cost $46—and will be available for $55 beginning October 1, 2017.

Guests 9 years of age and up can ride through an idyllic woodland teeming with deer, ducks, armadillos and rabbits. Perfect for beginner and intermediate riders, trail rides are a relaxing way to explore the natural beauty surrounding The Cabins and Campsites of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort.

Reservations are recommended, and closed-toe shoes are required. Riders must be over 48 inches tall and weigh under 250 pounds. Check-in is located at the entrance of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/tri-circle-d-ranch/

TCD

Just now, Tri-Circle-D said:

Horseback Trail Rides
$55 / 45 minutes

Set out on a peaceful ride through the wilderness atop the back of a fine equine friend. Please note that horseback trail rides through September 30, 2017 cost $46—and will be available for $55 beginning October 1, 2017.

Guests 9 years of age and up can ride through an idyllic woodland teeming with deer, ducks, armadillos and rabbits. Perfect for beginner and intermediate riders, trail rides are a relaxing way to explore the natural beauty surrounding The Cabins and Campsites of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort.

Reservations are recommended, and closed-toe shoes are required. Riders must be over 48 inches tall and weigh under 250 pounds. Check-in is located at the entrance of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/tri-circle-d-ranch/

TCD

Ha!  Of course we'd get there, just after the increase.

Thanks for finding that information for me.  I really appreciate it.

What does the scavenger hunt entail?  Do you show up anytime between 9-5, or have to be there right at 9?  We did one for Easter once and it was like timed where you had a certain amount of time to look for things, then they had to tally your answers and then gave you the clue to look for a prize.  My husband was the second one to get to the location just seconds behind the winner...yeah, we're still bitter about that :rolleyes:

30 minutes ago, Megatron said:

What does the scavenger hunt entail?  Do you show up anytime between 9-5, or have to be there right at 9?  We did one for Easter once and it was like timed where you had a certain amount of time to look for things, then they had to tally your answers and then gave you the clue to look for a prize.  My husband was the second one to get to the location just seconds behind the winner...yeah, we're still bitter about that :rolleyes:

That's a good question.  In the recent past, these scavenger hunts have been like a race,  where winners were determined based on time.  People got carried away, and there were groups working together with golf carts and walkie-talkies.  The time range on this Activity Guide suggest that this might be more like a scavenger hunt that guests can take their time doing, with everyone getting some kind of small prize or certificate, or maybe no prize at all- just the satisfaction of completing the scavenger hunt.  We did one of those a long time ago (I believe that it was the Fort's 35th anniversary), and my DD got a certificate and a Junior Deputy Badge.

TCD

29 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

That's a good question.  In the recent past, these scavenger hunts have been like a race,  where winners were determined based on time.  People got carried away, and there were groups working together with golf carts and walkie-talkies.  The time range on this Activity Guide suggest that this might be more like a scavenger hunt that guests can take their time doing, with everyone getting some kind of small prize or certificate, or maybe no prize at all- just the satisfaction of completing the scavenger hunt.  We did one of those a long time ago (I believe that it was the Fort's 35th anniversary), and my DD got a certificate and a Junior Deputy Badge.

TCD

Sort of like WL Hidden Mickey hunt?  Used to get a pin and a certificate, now you get a sticker and I can't remember if you still get a certificate.