Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right now! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant to say it above and lost the thought- but I like it enough that I don't want it to get lost. After we launched Fred and the VIP sponsors, we were walking around. As we watched another balloon

37 minutes ago, Seals said:

Please tell me they gave that baby a cool name related to her place or situation of birth.

I have a relative with the initials VW because he was born in one. 

The baby is still unnamed, but our group has taken to calling her Balluna (get it? Balloon-a). We'll see what they pick- the next before she was born, they were at the book store flipping through baby name books.

19 minutes ago, Robin said:

Wow what a couple of stories!

Someone asked me later in the night if I really did spill my bladder or if I was just making it up. Clearly they weren't close enough to the truck when they asked.

I'm sad to say- it's true. It's ALL true.

2 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Wow, what an adventure!!

It's always something. :)

2 hours ago, ependydad...Doug said:

The baby is still unnamed, but our group has taken to calling her Balluna (get it? Balloon-a). We'll see what they pick- the next before she was born, they were at the book store flipping through baby name books.

Best I could think of was Airiel ?!  But then at some point someone probably would call her Hot Airiel.

Doug, loving the TR.  Not good to show my wife, as we were supposed to go this year, but work stepped on our plans.

Also, really enjoy your website.  I stumbled upon it about 3 months ago.  I thought the rig looked familiar, then I saw the bike rack and the steps and had to do a quadruple take....then I saw a hyperlink in the signature.  That probably would've been the easiest place to look, but I guess I was distracted by a good TR.

21 hours ago, ependydad...Doug said:

Here’s an article on the Balloon Baby:

http://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/balloon-baby-mother-gives-birth-at-balloon-fiesta-rv-park/4635478/?cat=500

I’m “sad” to say, they went with a non-balloon name with Cecelia.

Cecilia?

What kind of name is that for a balloon baby?

The mom has a cool Fort name: Clementine.

That gets me to wondering- has there ever been a baby born at the Fort?

TCD

5 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Cecilia?

What kind of name is that for a balloon baby?

The mom has a cool Fort name: Clementine.

That gets me to wondering- has there ever been a baby born at the Fort?

TCD

You would think over all of the years it's been open there would half to have been a few.

15 minutes ago, keith_h said:

You would think over all of the years it's been open there would half to have been a few.

I know that people have died at the Fort.  But, they take them off property before pronouncing them dead.

And, I think you're right- odds are that there have been some babies born.  I haven't ever heard of one, though.  It would be easier at the Fort than Clementine had it at the balloon festival.

TCD

15 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I know that people have died at the Fort.  But, they take them off property before pronouncing them dead.

And, I think you're right- odds are that there have been some babies born.  I haven't ever heard of one, though.  It would be easier at the Fort than Clementine had it at the balloon festival.

TCD

I tried a Google search and got a wide variety of responses, but the closest was an elephant born at AK.

There were various reviews of the Fort, and a couple articles about the boy who got hit by the bus, but nothing about birthin babies.

• 3 months later...

Aw rats, trip report is over. 

What a fun, time you had.  Except maybe the flowing poo from the bladder, yuck.  The birth story is sweet, good planning and good luck too, I bet.

As to a birth at the fort, it's so close to several hospitals that unless a birth was planned to happen at the fort the mommas would be taken to  one of them.  Unless it was planned by the parents to birth their baby at the fort, which would be pretty cool.  Boy think of the names available then :lol:

Thanks for this TR, so colorful, good children showing good parenting, grandmother's birthday and so many memories.