Dogs to be allowed at some WDW Resort Hotels + Fort Wilderness Cabins

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I understand that. It's a shame that Disney management is once again so short-sighted about this.  It would not be that hard to designate pet cabins and non-pet cabins, and enforce the rules.  Bu

I forgot to post the most important photo of all- Rocky enjoying the cabin porch: Note that he is wearing his official $100 bandana. TCD

That is bizarre. Lol.  Omg.  It's amazing what the average person will spend on there fur baby. Trust me it's not just the 1%ers. There will be animals at ever resort.  Including the value resort

I understand stress, anxiety and depression and I'm sure emotional support animals can be helpful. But from everything I've read she was told multiple times before the day of the flight that she couldn't bring the peacock on the plane and still showed up with it. PR stunt? The peacock has it's one Instagram and Twitter accounts and its trip driving to California is being documented. Just all seems a little fishy to me.

Umm? 

Hyperallergic editor Seph Rodney recalls riding in the passenger seat of a truck with Ventiko at the wheel and Dexter the peacock sandwiched between them. Ventiko kept a pee pad on her lap.”

https://hyperallergic.com/424238/artist-emotional-support-peacock-airplane-ventiko/

1 hour ago, Beckers said:

I’m totally side eyeing this as a PR stunt.

Ditto.  Because this...

"The spokesperson also emphasized that this was relayed to the passenger “on three separate occasions before they arrived at the airport.”

And yet she turned up at the airport with the bird anyway. B)

Here's the latest on airlines and support animals...

Spirit Airlines employee told student to flush emotional support hamster down the toilet, student alleges

A college student said she flushed her emotional support hamster down the toilet after Spirit Airlines refused to let her bring her furry pet on the plane.

Belen Aldecosea, 21, of Miami Beach, Florida, told the Miami Herald that she contacted Spirit Airlines before her flight from Baltimore to South Florida on Nov. 21, 2017, regarding traveling with her dwarf hamster, Pebbles. Aldecosea claimed the airline told her it was not a problem to bring her hamster on the flight.

However, when the student arrived at the airport she said the airline refused to let Pebbles on the plane. Aldecosea said she did not have many options since her family was in Florida and her friends were hours away. The student claimed a Spirit employee suggested she either flush Pebbles down the toilet or let the animal free.

Aldecosea skipped her flight and tried to rent a car instead, but said she was too young to rent one. So she did what she felt was the most humane choice.

“She was scared. I was scared. It was horrifying trying to put her in the toilet,” Aldecosea said. “I was emotional. I was crying. I sat there for a good 10 minutes crying in the stall.”

The student said she considered letting Pebbles run free outside but could not bear thinking of her hamster freezing to death or getting hit.

“I didn’t have any other options,” she said.

Spirit Airlines spokesman Derek Dombrowski told the Miami Herald that an employee “mistakenly” told Aldecosea that Pebbles was allowed on the flight but denied that an employee suggested she flush the rodent down the toilet.

“To be clear, at no point did any of our agents suggest this guest (or any other for that matter) should flush or otherwise injure an animal,” Dombrowski said.

The Miami Herald noted that the U.S. Transportation Safety Administration was fine with hamsters on the flight, but airlines are allowed to choose if they want the rodents on board.

Aldecosea said Pebbles was a doctor-approved emotional support animal that helped her when she developed a growth in her neck while at school in Wilson College in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. The student said she bought Pebbles for some company.

“She (Pebbles) was so loving. It was like she knew I needed somebody,” Aldecosea said.

Aldecosea, who now attends the Texas State University, said she was considering legal action against Spirit due to the airline “pressuring her into making an anguished decision with a pet certified by her doctor as an emotional support animal.”

Her attorney, Adam Goodman said this case was different than the woman who made headlines last week after a United Airlines flight refused her request to bring her emotional support peacock on a flight.

"This wasn’t a giant peacock that could pose a danger to other passengers. This was a tiny cute harmless hamster that could fit in the palm of her hand,” Goodman said.

Fox News’ request for a comment from Spirit Airlines and PETA was not immediately answered.

There is so much about that story that doesn't add up.  For instance, if Pebbles was so small it could fit in the palm of her hand, why not hide it and sneak it on the flight?  Also, I can't imagine someone that needs an emotional support animal would ever willingly flush that animal down the toilet.  I would think they'd do anything in their power to protect that animal.  Thirdly, since when does PETA not respond to a request for comment from the media?  I've never known them to pass up free publicity.  And finally, why is it news that Spirit Airlines provided poor customer service to someone?  Isn't that the only thing they are good at? 

Too many things ain't right with that story.  

56 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

There is so much about that story that doesn't add up.  For instance, if Pebbles was so small it could fit in the palm of her hand, why not hide it and sneak it on the flight?  Also, I can't imagine someone that needs an emotional support animal would ever willingly flush that animal down the toilet.  I would think they'd do anything in their power to protect that animal.  Thirdly, since when does PETA not respond to a request for comment from the media?  I've never known them to pass up free publicity.  And finally, why is it news that Spirit Airlines provided poor customer service to someone?  Isn't that the only thing they are good at? 

Too many things ain't right with that story.  

I thought the same thing, plus a hamster to make your neck feel better?

Gee, I got a sore arm from having a tendon repaired, can I get an emotional Aardvark?

On a side note, a woman I know from work has had a peacock adopt her!  It showed up on her doorstep about 2 weeks ago and hasn't left.  It goes into the garage when the weather turns bad, and is starting to eat out of her hand.  And it plays with her dog.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/320062002

PETA Did respond at some point .

https://www.lawyers.com/legal-info/criminal/animal-law/animal-cruelty-laws-in-maryland.html

Aggravated Animal Cruelty

Aggravated cruelty to animals is a felony. The crime includes:

• intentionally mutilating or torturing an animal
  • cruelly beating or killing an animal on purpose, or
  • injuring or killing a law enforcement animal, unless it’s in self-defense.

(Md. Code, Crim. Law, § 10-606.)

I wonder if her or her lawyer thought of the possibility of this backfiring on her and getting her charged with felony animal cruelty.  

Unless someone comes forward who overhead the spirit airlines employee telling her to flush the hamster, she's pretty much just put into public record she killed an animal for no reason and in a inhumane way. Even if someone overheard, she still chose to do it instead of finding another option. 

On 2/9/2018 at 10:24 PM, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Unless someone comes forward who overhead the spirit airlines employee telling her to flush the hamster, she's pretty much just put into public record she killed an animal for no reason and in a inhumane way. Even if someone overheard, she still chose to do it instead of finding another option. 

This exactly.  The animal was her responsibility and no one made her do anything. By her account she had *hours* to find a solution and was even willing to rent a car.  So... why not take a cab to the local animal shelter?  And how did she get to the airport?  She claims she had no friends or family close by, but couldn't she bring the animal back home in all that time?  She could have at least left him with a bunch of food and water until she could get someone to go by her place and check in on him.  I also have to think that if a crying girl is walking around an airport terminal with a cute furry animal in a carrier that someone would have taken pity and taken the critter off her hands.  

On 2/10/2018 at 4:50 PM, Travisma said:

It sounds like she was carrying the rodent around in her hand.  I wonder if she had it in a cage if everything would've been avoided?

I read somewhere that it was in a carrier.

And the kicker to the story... her lawyer confirmed she's already bought another hamster.

*blurg*