Dogs to be allowed at some WDW Resort Hotels + Fort Wilderness Cabins

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I understand that. It's a shame that Disney management is once again so short-sighted about this.  It would not be that hard to designate pet cabins and non-pet cabins, and enforce the rules.  Bu

I forgot to post the most important photo of all- Rocky enjoying the cabin porch: Note that he is wearing his official $100 bandana. TCD

That is bizarre. Lol.  Omg.  It's amazing what the average person will spend on there fur baby. Trust me it's not just the 1%ers. There will be animals at ever resort.  Including the value resort

6 minutes ago, Beckers said:

Yep. 

I don’t think I’ll be too much longer till there’s a law or strict guideline across the board for all airlines and the idiotic fake emotional support animals.

• 4 months later...

Well that didn't last long...

BREAKING: Pet Friendly Policy at Select Walt Disney World Resorts Scheduled to End in Late October

June 26, 2018It seems as if the controversial pet policy that allowed guests to bring their furry friends to select Walt Disney World Reaorts is coming to an end.

Asking Disney directly, they responded saying:

It is a pilot that is scheduled to end in late October. We have not gotten any updates as to if it will be extended at this time.

Right now, the program is expected to end on October 15th. Disney is stating that as long as you check-in by October 15th, you will be allowed to keep your furry friend with you for the duration of your stay.

Read our article describing the policy as it currently stands.

This is a developing story and the program may still be extended, so stay tuned to WDWNT for any updates on this policy.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/06/breaking-pet-friendly-policy-at-select-walt-disney-world-resorts-scheduled-to-end-in-late-october/

• 1 month later...

Just ran across this...

Dog-Friendly Resort Program at Walt Disney World to be Extended
Posted by: Christy Caby

We announced previously that the dog-friendly program that is offered at select resorts may not be extended. We are now hearing that the program is expected to be extended for at least another year.  This is great news for those of you who were looking forward to traveling with your canine family members!  This program was originally offered as a pilot program that would run for a year, which started October 2017 and was expected to end in mid-October 2018. It looks like the program will continue on and guests will still be able to book stays at the participating resorts that include their dogs.

http://www.disneydining.com/dog-friendly-resort-program-at-walt-disney-world-to-be-extended/

8 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I have heard rumors about this for a week now but I have yet to find a confirmed source on this. Also I haven't been able to get this from Disney themselves yet. Only reason I have not shared it before. 

6 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I have heard rumors about this for a week now but I have yet to find a confirmed source on this. Also I haven't been able to get this from Disney themselves yet. Only reason I have not shared it before. 

I'm going to wait until I hear it "straight from the Mouse's mouth" until I believe it.

Or at least from the Mouse via you.  🙂

Hey Jason - I know you're out and about, but have any official updates on this cross your desk/computer/phone?  I'm starting to see reports that they're making the policy permanent, but I haven't seen anything from official Disney and you know how it goes... one blog posts a rumor and before you know it 17 more are reporting it as verified fact.  ;) 

9 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I am still getting all my TA emails from disney and there are 40+ other Mouse Counselors all paying attention as well. I haven’t seen anything official yet. 

Thanks for the update, Jason!  As this seems to be a thing that people feel strongly about one way or another, it wouldn't surprise me if rumors spread like wildfire without any verification.

I think it's possible this becomes permanent, but I'm still going to hold out for official confirmation before I believe it and start telling others.  🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Extension Confirmed. 

This was in my TA email just now. 

Not the interesting wording on the Cabins in the last paragraph. 

We will continue to evaluate our pilot offering Guests at four Disney Resort hotels an opportunity to bring their canine companions with them for an additional charge. These include Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Disney's Yacht Club Resort.

Designated dog-friendly rooms are available to accommodate Guests traveling with up to two dogs per room. Guests traveling with their dogs must register them with the front desk at the resort and adhere to the pet policies they receive upon registration. These include reminders about proper care and behavior, as well as the need for the dog to remain on a leash at all times while in public spaces. Guests must be able to provide documentation that their dog’s vaccinations and inoculations are up to date, upon request.

While the majority of areas will remain canine-free, certain floors or sections of each of these four hotels have been designated as dog-friendly. Guests who prefer rooms in canine-free areas may make a request at the front desk. Please note that the campsites and cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will remain pet-friendly. Walt Disney World also continues to offer 22 resort hotel options that do not have similar dog-friendly policies.

Thanks for the confirmation, Jason!

The wording on the Fort suggests to me that all cabins will be pet friendly?  I'd think they'd still keep it to designated cabins or loops, but maybe they're going all in on the Fort and pets?

If anyone finds out more first hand, please let us know.

6 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

The wording on the Fort suggests to me that all cabins will be pet friendly?  I'd think they'd still keep it to designated cabins or loops, but maybe they're going all in on the Fort and pets?

I honestly dont know. It could as easily be a typo or miswording/understanding of the Fort. 

16 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

That wouldn't make sense to me as they need some pet free to accommodate guests with dog allergies. That is unless they don't care to serve them there. 

11 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

... It could as easily be a typo or miswording/understanding of the Fort. 

Wouldn't be the first time.

1 hour ago, keith_h said:

That wouldn't make sense to me as they need some pet free to accommodate guests with dog allergies. 

I would think they'd designate specific cabins or loops just as they're doing with resort rooms. But Jason could be right that the wording for the Fort was just weirdly vague/strange in that particular write up.  But I'll be curious to hear people's first hand experiences with cabins over time.