What’s open at Hollywood Studios, and is it worth going. This used to be one of my families favorite parks. We loved the street performers. We haven’t had our passes the last year, but just got them as birthday presents for the family. 

Last we heard most everything except tower of tower, rockin roller coaster, and toy story were closed. So we are trying to see if we should plan a whole day there on our upcoming trip, or maybe just shoot over for half a day. 

Open (besides what you said)

Indiana Jones

Frozen Show

Star Tours

Muppets

Jedi training

Beauty and the Beast

Fantasmic

Movie Magic

and now this

This holiday season, join us for a holly, jolly celebration brimming with magical merriment—from spirited shows and enchanting “snows” to holiday décor and so much more. 

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Open (besides what you said)

Indiana Jones

Frozen Show

Star Tours

Muppets

Jedi training

Beauty and the Beast

Fantasmic

Movie Magic

and now this

This holiday season, join us for a holly, jolly celebration brimming with magical merriment—from spirited shows and enchanting “snows” to holiday décor and so much more. 

That list is getting there, but it's still not complete.  There are a few more things.  This site lists and rates all of the Hollywood Studios attractions and shows: https://touringplans.com/hollywood-studios/attractions

Personally, I haven't even thought of spending a whole day in DHS in years.  In my opinion, there is not enough there to do and see.

If you have passes, it's a good park to hop to and from.

I intend to go and see all of the new Christmas stuff they're adding this year, and I want to check out the Baseline Tap House. 

Things will improve when they open Toy Story Land in May of next year, and then the park will be transformed once the new Star Wars stuff opens the year after next.

TCD

What's funny though, is we were having breakfast at Hollywood & Vine yesterday morning, and they were taking Christmas decorations out of the restaurant. The characters were still wearing their Halloween attire for breakfast and weren't told that the park had switched over to Christmas.

There were decorations on the overhangs and signposts outside the park. As we were walking up, I was thinking, oh, they started the decorations, but no tree yet, then we saw the big tree on the inside of the park. The signposts all around the park entrance and "main street" had a lot more decorations than I remember in the past. We didn't go into the park any further than Hollywood & Vine. We left right after breakfast and started our drive home.

4 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

What's funny though, is we were having breakfast at Hollywood & Vine yesterday morning, and they were taking Christmas decorations out of the restaurant. The characters were still wearing their Halloween attire for breakfast and weren't told that the park had switched over to Christmas.

I'm always amazed, at how quickly they get it done.  One trip, it was fall at the MK and the next visit (24 or 48 hours later) it was Christmas.  It was crazy fast.  

On 11/3/2017 at 3:22 PM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Studios was fully decorated for Christmas yesterday morning, and the big tree was INSIDE the park. (Usually it is outside in the courtyard.)

23032476_10210350137453031_7205722032441

Fantastic Carol. Thanks for posting. I'm sad I'll miss it this year