The best secrets of Disney World

• 2 months later...

Welcome!!! I'm so sorry no one has responded to your post before now.

There are so many little nuggets that it's hard to state in one post.

I've got one though, in the pet cemetery (statues) as you exit Haunted Mansion, there is a statue of Mr. Toad from Mr. Toad's Wild Ride that was replaced by the Winnie the Pooh attraction.

OK, anyone else??

I'll add the first pitch at Caseys. I have never seen it, even with numerous attempts to be there at the correct time!

How about all the special names on the windows on main street, or the different sidewalks in each land.  What about the music/dance lessons you can overhear in the alley off main street. 

Besides that, get a hidden mickey book or try to hit all of the different pressed penny machines. 

Sorry we all missed this as well. 

They aren't much of a secret but I think overlooked by most people and that are the Main Street Vehicles. They usually run for about an hour after the park opens, but I'd check the times when you're there.

I'm also sorry this got missed, hope you are still around and that more will add to the thread.

14 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

I'd check the times when you're there

The schedule is on MDE.

Just a few more things:

1. Ask the CM at the door at the AA attraction if there is a phone call for you. Also ask them for a card.

2. Look down as you walk between Morocco and France and you’ll notice a strip of pavement that’s dark and is cobbled. It's a representation of the Strait of Gibraltar which in the real world separates the two countries.

3. Ask the bus drivers, monorail and boat CMs if they have the transportation cards.

4. In the Future World west courtyard, there's  the very large "Inventor’s Circle" in the cement pavement. It depicts mankind’s greatest achievements.

5. Ask the CMs working at the countries around the World Showcase random questions, if they're not busy that is.

1 hour ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Is the wedding ring still in the pavement outside of the haunted mansion? If yes, exactly where is it

There never was an actual wedding ring, it was just the end of a metal tube with a piece of metal next to it that was close to the surface. The original kinda resembled a wedding ring but it was removed. Disappointed Guests complained to Disney because it had become an urban legend. Disney placed what appears to be a real wedding ring in a different location. It's part of the attraction so you don't need to know where it is, just ask one of the CMs when you enter the Que. 

1 hour ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

is there any truth to the rumor that the hat of pickled sausages was a prank by the imagineers who built the tower of terror? and is it still in the gift shop?

I think it's a jar. Haven't been inside in a while, but I think it might still be there. Our DHS office is directly behind ToT and I'll be there next Tues. I'll check and see if it's still there, just for you Ray.

4 hours ago, Lou... said:

There never was an actual wedding ring, it was just the end of a metal tube with a piece of metal next to it that was close to the surface. The original kinda resembled a wedding ring but it was removed. Disappointed Guests complained to Disney because it had become an urban legend. Disney placed what appears to be a real wedding ring in a different location. It's part of the attraction so you don't need to know where it is, just ask one of the CMs when you enter the Que. 

I think it's a jar. Haven't been inside in a while, but I think it might still be there. Our DHS office is directly behind ToT and I'll be there next Tues. I'll check and see if it's still there, just for you Ray.

Thanks. I hate auto correct. How the heck did it get hat from jar?   

Can you ask around and see if the imagineers left or there by mistake.  The urban legend is they use to play tricks on each other by bidding it around the ToT and they left it on desk, by mistake, when they started gluing down the props  

10 hours ago, Lou... said:

2. Look down as you walk between Morocco and France and you’ll notice a strip of pavement that’s dark and is cobbled. It's a representation of the Strait of Gibraltar which in the real world separates the two countries.

Is this the official Disney explanation of the dark strip or a legend to explain the dark strip?

I have heard this before but it’s never made sense to me.  Because IIRC there are several dark strips between France and Morocco.  There are also dark strips Like that all thru out the French pavilion.   And a bunch that radiate from the small round building that has all the posters on it.  

Besides Gibraltar is a British territory.  

And the Strait of Gibraltar separates Portugal and Spain from Morocco.  And it separates two continents. And is no where near France. 

Here is one to try.

Go into the Starbucks on Main Street USA.  Find a barista wearing a label pin resembling a bumblebee.  Go up to him and say "It's a jolly holiday for Gooey".  He will direct you to a nondescript brown door, and instruct you to knock 3 times.  He will give you a password to utter when the door is answered.  The password is different each hour, so I don't know what it will be when you knock.  If you correctly say the password, you will be let through the door into the back of Starbucks.  Back there, they have the original counter and kitchen from the old Main Street Bakery.  Tell the CM back there that you have been sent by the League of Cinnamon , and they will serve you an original, warm, ooey gooey Main Street Bakery cinnamon roll.  With extra icing.  

You're welcome.  

7 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Here is one to try.

Go into the Starbucks on Main Street USA.  Find a barista wearing a label pin resembling a bumblebee.  Go up to him and say "It's a jolly holiday for Gooey".  He will direct you to a nondescript brown door, and instruct you to knock 3 times.  He will give you a password to utter when the door is answered.  The password is different each hour, so I don't know what it will be when you knock.  If you correctly say the password, you will be let through the door into the back of Starbucks.  Back there, they have the original counter and kitchen from the old Main Street Bakery.  Tell the CM back there that you have been sent by the League of Cinnamon , and they will serve you an original, warm, ooey gooey Main Street Bakery cinnamon roll.  With extra icing.  

You're welcome.  

That was pretty good almost could believe it.

On 1/13/2018 at 5:54 PM, h2odivers...Ray said:

is there any truth to the rumor that the hat of pickled sausages was a prank by the imagineers who built the tower of terror?

and is it still in the gift shop?

On 1/13/2018 at 6:54 PM, Lou... said:

I did check and  the jar of pickles is still there. It's in the area before the merchandise shop where you look at the photo taken on the ride.