Hate to disappoint all you visitors that will be at the Fort over Christmas.

The temps will only be in the mid to high 80's thru Christmas Eve, then the temps plummet to the mid 70's to 80's thru New Years Day with a slight chance of showers on 12/31 and a couple of possible days of showers.

You all might want to think about staying home and avoiding this crappy weather!

Us locals will gladly fill in the canceled rezzies, so Disney doesn't lose any $$$. 

63° /43°

Hist. Avg.

73°/55°

TUE 12/12

Actual Temp

75° /45°

Hist. Avg.

73°/55°

WED 12/13

Actual Temp

63° /46°

Hist. Avg.

72°/55°

THU 12/14

Actual Temp

74° /43°

Hist. Avg.

72°/54°

FRI 12/15

Actual Temp

78° /60°

Hist. Avg.

72°/54°

SAT 12/16

Actual Temp

73° /57°

Hist. Avg.

72°/54°

YESTERDAY

Actual Temp

79° /54°

Hist. Avg.

72°/54°

TODAY 12/18

84° /63°
Fog in the a.m.; partly sunny

Hist. Avg.

72°/53°

TUE 12/19

82° /63°
Areas of fog in the morning

Hist. Avg.

72°/53°

WED 12/20

84° /65°

Hist. Avg.

71°/53°

THU 12/21

81° /62°
A passing morning shower

Hist. Avg.

71°/53°

FRI 12/22

84° /64°
Partly sunny

Hist. Avg.

71°/52°

SAT 12/23

85° /66°
Times of clouds and sun

Hist. Avg.

71°/52°

SUN 12/24

85° /67°
Rather cloudy and warm

Hist. Avg.

71°/52°

MON 12/25

79° /60°
A blend of sun and clouds

Hist. Avg.

71°/52°

TUE 12/26

78° /62°
Partly sunny

Hist. Avg.

71°/51°

WED 12/27

68° /51°
Rain and drizzle possible

Hist. Avg.

71°/51°

THU 12/28

74° /55°
A couple of showers possible

Hist. Avg.

71°/51°

FRI 12/29

80° /56°
Cloudy and warm

Hist. Avg.

70°/51°

SAT 12/30

72° /55°
Cloudy

Hist. Avg.

70°/50°

SUN 12/31

72° /56°
Periods of rain

Hist. Avg.

70°/50°

MON 1/1

75° /57°
Clouds giving way to some sun

Hist. Avg.

70°/50°

TUE 1/2

74° /57°
Mostly cloudy

Hist. Avg.

70°/50°

WED 1/3

74° /56°
A shower or t-storm in spots

Hist. Avg.

70°/50°

THU 1/4

73° /55°
Partial sunshine

Hist. Avg.

70°/50°

FRI 1/5

69° /56°
Partial sunshine

Hist. Avg.

70°/50°

SAT 1/6

74° /55°
Sunshine

Hist. Avg.

70°/50°
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Courtesy Jayco Owner's Forum: A couple purchased an old home in Northern New York State from two elderly sisters. Winter was fast approaching and the wife was concerned about the house's lack of

Hate to disappoint all you visitors that will be at the Fort over Christmas. The temps will only be in the mid to high 80's thru Christmas Eve, then the temps plummet to the mid 70's to 80's thru

I hate to hear this. I will keep the unfortunate people who are stuck at WDW over Christmas in my thoughts and hope they find a way to enjoy themselves. 

Posted Images

Yea that’s not going to happen. 

Oklahoma City’s forecast for Christmas eve is high of 32° low of 16° and that’s what it’s going to be pretty much the rest of the year. 

So if Central Florida is too crowded for you. I’ll be happy to let you take my place in OKC.  While I’m in Orlando

btw.  I have full hook ups next to my shop. If you want to bring your RV. LOL 

On 12/18/2017 at 7:32 AM, Travisma said:

Hate to disappoint all you visitors that will be at the Fort over Christmas.

The temps will only be in the mid to high 80's thru Christmas Eve, then the temps plummet to the mid 70's to 80's thru New Years Day with a slight chance of showers on 12/31 and a couple of possible days of showers.

You all might want to think about staying home and avoiding this crappy weather!

Us locals will gladly fill in the canceled rezzies, so Disney doesn't lose any $$$. 

63° /43°

Hist. Avg.

73°/55°

TUE 12/12

Actual Temp

75° /45°

Hist. Avg.

73°/55°

WED 12/13

Actual Temp

63° /46°

Hist. Avg.

72°/55°

THU 12/14

Actual Temp

74° /43°

Hist. Avg.

72°/54°

FRI 12/15

Actual Temp

78° /60°

Hist. Avg.

72°/54°

SAT 12/16

Actual Temp

73° /57°

Hist. Avg.

72°/54°

YESTERDAY

Actual Temp

79° /54°

Hist. Avg.

72°/54°

TODAY 12/18

84° /63°

Hist. Avg.

72°/53°

TUE 12/19

82° /63°
Areas of fog in the morning

Hist. Avg.

72°/53°

WED 12/20

84° /65°

Hist. Avg.

71°/53°

THU 12/21

81° /62°
A passing morning shower

Hist. Avg.

71°/53°

FRI 12/22

84° /64°
Partly sunny

Hist. Avg.

71°/52°

SAT 12/23

85° /66°
Times of clouds and sun

Hist. Avg.

71°/52°

SUN 12/24

85° /67°
Rather cloudy and warm

Hist. Avg.

71°/52°

MON 12/25

79° /60°
A blend of sun and clouds

Hist. Avg.

71°/52°

TUE 12/26

78° /62°
Partly sunny

Hist. Avg.

71°/51°

WED 12/27

68° /51°
Rain and drizzle possible

Hist. Avg.

71°/51°

THU 12/28

74° /55°
A couple of showers possible

Hist. Avg.

71°/51°

FRI 12/29

80° /56°
Cloudy and warm

Hist. Avg.

70°/51°

SAT 12/30

72° /55°
Cloudy

Hist. Avg.

70°/50°

SUN 12/31

72° /56°
Periods of rain

Hist. Avg.

70°/50°

MON 1/1

75° /57°
Clouds giving way to some sun

Hist. Avg.

70°/50°

TUE 1/2

74° /57°
Mostly cloudy

Hist. Avg.

70°/50°

WED 1/3

74° /56°
A shower or t-storm in spots

Hist. Avg.

70°/50°

THU 1/4

73° /55°
Partial sunshine

Hist. Avg.

70°/50°

FRI 1/5

69° /56°
Partial sunshine

Hist. Avg.

70°/50°

SAT 1/6

74° /55°
Sunshine

Hist. Avg.

70°/50°

You're an awful...awful man :rolleyes:   I keep checking WDW weather and dreaming of shorts and tshirts.  Wouldn't want the holiday crowds, but would LOVE the weather!!

4 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

You're an awful...awful man :rolleyes:   I keep checking WDW weather and dreaming of shorts and tshirts.  Wouldn't want the holiday crowds, but would LOVE the weather!!

They have revised the Tampa forecast, it's only going to be in the low 70's on Christmas and the following days.

19 hours ago, Travisma said:

They have revised the Tampa forecast, it's only going to be in the low 70's on Christmas and the following days.

I'm crying...right now.  Huge tears for you.

18 hours ago, keith_h said:

Oh you poor things.

Haha...right? :lol:

Got this in an email from a co worker in NH a few minutes ago...

============================================================

We are getting a crap load of snow right now.

I had planned to scoot at noon, and drive down to my fiancée’s house.

She lives on the south shore of massatwoshits. 

Lemme see….

Friday before Christmas.

Friday with snow.

Christmas travelers.  Ski travelers.  Vacation travelers.  Normal workday commuters.

Add snow.  Add freezing rain.

Central NH to south shore mass:

Great day:  80 min.   okay day:  3 hours   snow/ice Friday/vacation weekend:  5 hours

==================================================================

I put up with that weather for about 24 years then got smart and headed South.

4 hours ago, Travisma said:

Got this in an email from a co worker in NH a few minutes ago...

============================================================

We are getting a crap load of snow right now.

I had planned to scoot at noon, and drive down to my fiancée’s house.

She lives on the south shore of massatwoshits. 

Lemme see….

Friday before Christmas.

Friday with snow.

Christmas travelers.  Ski travelers.  Vacation travelers.  Normal workday commuters.

Add snow.  Add freezing rain.

Central NH to south shore mass:

Great day:  80 min.   okay day:  3 hours   snow/ice Friday/vacation weekend:  5 hours

==================================================================

I put up with that weather for about 24 years then got smart and headed South.

I feel his pain (also in NH), although beyond grateful neither of us have to attempt a commute in this.

We went to the market yesterday at 4pm - it was a mob scene. 20 registers open and at least 7-10 people in every line.  I was almost run down by a grocery cart at least 4 times and they were stocking the shelves as fast as they could just to keep up.  It was the perfect storm of Thursday before Christmas weekend, and snow coming today.

Oh and that snow... it's been falling all day.  Not piling up a ton, but the fun is just starting as it may all change to ice later. 

Apparently they're saving the big pile o' snow for Christmas.  

Soak up some extra sunshine for me!!!

I have a question, since I have lived in Florida for almost 74 years, maybe some fiend can answer it for me. Why does anyone want to live in a place with that kind of cold weather? My father always claimed they were just yankees and just didn't know better, but there must be a better reason, somebody clue me in on what it is.

2 hours ago, BigTom said:

I have a question, since I have lived in Florida for almost 74 years, maybe some fiend can answer it for me. Why does anyone want to live in a place with that kind of cold weather? My father always claimed they were just yankees and just didn't know better, but there must be a better reason, somebody clue me in on what it is.

The same reason some of us live with very hot and humid summers. It is kind of a pick your poison kind of thing.

3 hours ago, BigTom said:

I've lived in New England all my life and honestly don't mind the cold so much. We all like to squawk about it, but then we complained about how hot is was up here all summer, knowing full well we'd be complaining again about the cold soon enough.  It made it extra fun this year when it stayed in the 80s into October, and then basically turned into winter a week later.

I'm used to it - or at least used to how to dress for it - and there are things to enjoy about it as well - snowmobiling, skiing, sledding, how pretty all that snow looks when it first falls, sweaters and boots, down comforters, sitting by a cozy fire... 

I admit  it gets a bit old by the time March rolls around, but then spring comes along before you know it.  

Upsides for me are enjoying the changing of the seasons - especially that glorious fall foliage; that I can walk barefoot in the summer without worrying about evil fire ants; and I can swim in our lakes and streams without having to worry about gators and snakes (even if the water is a bit chilly).

Mostly it's that, since I generally melt when it hits 80 and humidity turns me into a puddle, the heat down south just doesn't suit me the vast majority of the year. I joke that it's easy to put more clothes on to get warm, but there are only so many I can take off without getting arrested.  ;)

On 12/22/2017 at 8:49 PM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I joke that it's easy to put more clothes on to get warm, but there are only so many I can take off without getting arrested.  ;)

Unless you move to Vermont.... :cantbelieveit:

On 12/22/2017 at 8:49 PM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I've lived in New England all my life and honestly don't mind the cold so much. We all like to squawk about it, but then we complained about how hot is was up here all summer, knowing full well we'd be complaining again about the cold soon enough.  It made it extra fun this year when it stayed in the 80s into October, and then basically turned into winter a week later.

I'm used to it - or at least used to how to dress for it - and there are things to enjoy about it as well - snowmobiling, skiing, sledding, how pretty all that snow looks when it first falls, sweaters and boots, down comforters, sitting by a cozy fire... 

I admit  it gets a bit old by the time March rolls around, but then spring comes along before you know it.  

Upsides for me are enjoying the changing of the seasons - especially that glorious fall foliage; that I can walk barefoot in the summer without worrying about evil fire ants; and I can swim in our lakes and streams without having to worry about gators and snakes (even if the water is a bit chilly).

Mostly it's that, since I generally melt when it hits 80 and humidity turns me into a puddle, the heat down south just doesn't suit me the vast majority of the year. I joke that it's easy to put more clothes on to get warm, but there are only so many I can take off without getting arrested.  ;)

I guess a plus of frigid Northern life is when your nose runs the snot freezes to your face instead of dripping all over the place!

We left NY when my beard froze and I lost feeling in my legs while working on cable TV lines on top of poles.

On 12/24/2017 at 3:52 PM, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Unless you move to Vermont.... :cantbelieveit:

Maybe, but then the black fly bites would be murder.  ;)

8 hours ago, Travisma said:

I guess a plus of frigid Northern life is when your nose runs the snot freezes to your face instead of dripping all over the place!

Yes!! LOL

And just so you Floridians can feel secure in the knowledge you're living in the right part of the country, here's what the week looks like here.  ;)

weather.jpg

19 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Maybe, but then the black fly bites would be murder.  ;)

Yes!! LOL

And just so you Floridians can feel secure in the knowledge you're living in the right part of the country, here's what the week looks like here.  ;)

weather.jpg

My daughter flew back to Minneapolis yesterday morning, and the ticket kiosk informed her that is was a balmy -6.  They said that sometime this week they expect a 110 degree difference in temps between Tampa and Minneapolis.