Courtesy Jayco Owner's Forum:

A couple purchased an old home in Northern New York State from two elderly sisters. 
Winter was fast approaching and the wife was concerned about the house's lack of insulation. 
"If they could live here all those years, so can we!" the husband confidently declared.

One November night the temperature plunged to below zero, and they woke up to find interior walls covered with frost.
The husband called the sisters to ask how they had kept the house warm. After a rather brief conversation, he hung up.

"For the past 30 years," he muttered, "they've gone to Florida for the winter."

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Courtesy Jayco Owner's Forum: A couple purchased an old home in Northern New York State from two elderly sisters. Winter was fast approaching and the wife was concerned about the house's lack of

Hate to disappoint all you visitors that will be at the Fort over Christmas. The temps will only be in the mid to high 80's thru Christmas Eve, then the temps plummet to the mid 70's to 80's thru

I hate to hear this. I will keep the unfortunate people who are stuck at WDW over Christmas in my thoughts and hope they find a way to enjoy themselves. 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, keith_h said:

Yes it is. I'm looking forward to the more seasonal low 50's they are predicting for next week. We head to an RV show this weekend to look at trailers and fortunately it is inside. We were at the dealer last weekend looking at one we are interested in but it was cold enough I wasn't going to spend time crawling around to see how it was built. They said they will have it at one at the show so I plan to give it a good look over there. If the model is as good a fit as I think and they give me more or less what I want for our current trailer we will have a new one for our upcoming WDW trip.

Keep us posted!

17 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/national/is-it-truly-warmer-in-anchorage-than-florida-

Warmer in Anchorage than Jacksonville on Tuesday? Those two should never be compared!

Zoinks!

Temps are balmy in the 20s here today, but it's snowing to beat the band and the wind is howling.  We've still got 4-5 more hours to go. No idea how much snow we have so far because of the drifting.  Best guess is around 10-12" but there are at least 4' drifts in spots.

And because Mother Nature is quite the prankster, it apparently only "warmed up" long enough to dump a bunch of snow.  When this storm moves out overnight temps plunge again, with highs in the single digits.

Wheeeeeeeee!!!

7 hours ago, southernview -- Ray said:

Here is something that you won't see very often. 

My home in Mt. Olive, Alabama, December 7, 2017.

The weather has been very odd this year all over the eastern half of the country.

EK4zzRr.jpg

That’s crazy. I don’t think I’ve ever seen snow on a palm tree.  ? 

10 hours ago, southernview -- Ray said:

Here is something that you won't see very often. 

My home in Mt. Olive, Alabama, December 7, 2017.

The weather has been very odd this year all over the eastern half of the country.

EK4zzRr.jpg

That's very cool - no pun intended.

I'm not sure how much snow ol' Graybeard or whatever they called this storm actually dumped on us.  The wind blew so hard there are spots with just a few inches and spots with several feet.  DH didn't bother trying to clear the driveway yesterday.  You could barely see 3' in front of your face and the wind was moving the snow around so much it would have been an exercise in futility.  

The sun is shining now and the temps have fallen out again.  Highs in the (low) single digits today and tomorrow. 

But hey - it might actually get into the 30s next week!!

:PurpleDancingFlamingo:

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

It was a cool day at MK yesterday and a chilly night. Still cool today, Sunday will have a high in the mid sixties. Came to watch my niece and nephew run.  She's doing the full marathon, and he's doing the Dopey Challenge, all 4 races.  He said it's been quite cold at 5:30 starting time.

High today here is 12 and high tomorrow 16......... that's w/o wind chill   :blink:

We are near the ocean so those temps are warmer than further inland or up in NH and Maine.  Mt Washington was -100 overnight with wind chill.

The overnight here is practically a heatwave compared to that with -5 , and the wind chill making it ONLY -15    :ph34r:

I do feel for you Floridians though when even the local wildlife is dropping...... literally!

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/stunned-iguanas-drop-from-trees-in-south-florida-after-cold-spell/70003754

3 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Happy that we are above freezing today

Heck I'm just glad we reached double digits,13 with no wind and the sun out actually didn't feel bad. I start heading west towards New Mexico tomorrow and have no idea what kind of weather I will be driving in, wish me luck

58 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Heck I'm just glad we reached double digits,13 with no wind and the sun out actually didn't feel bad. I start heading west towards New Mexico tomorrow and have no idea what kind of weather I will be driving in, wish me luck

Safe travels!!