Recommendation: Natural Spring campground?

We have a reservation over spring break at Ft. Wilderness but looking to do something a little different on this trip. We're trying to find a good natural spring to visit and camp at on the way to/from Disney within a couple hours drive or so. I'd like to find something south of Lake City but north of say Ocala to spend a couple days. We have been to one (who's name escapes me, but I do remember a crazy TALL scary bridge we had to cross on the way there, I wanna say somewhere in Ocala NF) once. It was okay, but I think we're looking to try a different one. Manatee Springs SP looks nice, as does Blue Spring SP

19 hours ago, geoffdaddy said:

We have a reservation over spring break at Ft. Wilderness but looking to do something a little different on this trip. We're trying to find a good natural spring to visit and camp at on the way to/from Disney within a couple hours drive or so. I'd like to find something south of Lake City but north of say Ocala to spend a couple days. We have been to one (who's name escapes me, but I do remember a crazy TALL scary bridge we had to cross on the way there, I wanna say somewhere in Ocala NF) once. It was okay, but I think we're looking to try a different one. Manatee Springs SP looks nice, as does Blue Spring SP

I tried to post this yesterday, then the site went down.

http://photos.orlandoweekly.com/how-to-camp-at-25-of-floridas-best-swimming-holes/?slide=1&weeki-wachee-via-camilogx-ig

See if any of those suit you.

Or this

http://www.floridasprings.org/visit/recreation/camping/

Rock Springs Run at Kelly Park is a county park with camping adjacent to it, but it's only about 1/2 to 3/4 an hour away from Disney.

We've been tubing at the springs, and drove thru the campground.  It was clean, not a lot of amenities (no nighttime movie or Trails End :P), but there is a path to the springs and playground.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2017 at 8:53 AM, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

We have gone to Ichetucknee springs a few times and always enjoyed floating down the river. There is no campground at the springs but 2 in the area, unfortunately I can't be much help as we haven't stayed at either. 

Great to hear. Looking to go at Ichetucknee springs soon.

• 3 weeks later...