Hello,

We currently have a Garmin GPS and I've been looking at getting a new one that is specifically for RVs.  I've looked at Garmin, Magellan and Rand McNally GPSs

and have kind of narrowed it down to Garmin RV 660LMT or the RV 770 LMT-S.  I'm leaning on getting the 660, because it is cheaper and it has a higher rating.  Any

opinions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

I've been using the Garmin RV760 for a couple of years now. It's not perfect (no GPS is...) but it was better than the others when I bought it. I like the big 7 inch screen and the notices it gives you about what services are off the next exit.

I also use one of my older 5 inch Garmins in the RV.  I keep one zoomed out so I can see the overall area, and I keep the other zoomed in so I can see the immediate road and any turns coming up. I leave the RV760 speaker on and mute the other one. (they both get Traffic info and will warn of any issues coming up)

Lately, I have been putting my phone on a holder on the dash as well and using the "Waze" app while driving......  My dashboard is starting to look like a 747 cockpit.....  :lol:

8 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Haven't used it for towing the trailer but I have really been liking the Waze app recently. Not sure how much of a data hog it would be on a long trip, but like the traffic updates and other features. 

Google purchased Waze earlier this year and have incorporated some of the same features into Google Maps.