We are traveling to DW with a 4 year old, a one year old and two small dogs.  Can anyone tell me if site 1432 or 1431 backs up to the canal?  We want to avoid the canal, avoid the path everyone walks (due to 2 small dogs), AND BE CLOSE TO THE BATHROOM.  We thought the 1400 loop would be close to the campfire, movie and pool, but if anyone has a different loop or site suggestion for 2 small kids and 2 small dogs, I am definitely willing to listen!  Thanks so much!

Welcome!

Here's a primitive drawing showing the site numbers on the 1400 loop.  1431 and 1432 do not back up to the canal, but they do back up to the campfire area and the Food Truck:

1400_zpsvmlg3cwn.jpg

If you want some more privacy, take a look at the 900 loop.  It's across from the Meadow Trading Post, and the pool and campfire area aren't far from there.

TCD

Take a look at the 800 loop as well... Although its a bit larger than the 900 loop that TCD mentioned, the bath house is located at the entrance to the loop.  The bath house for the 800 is located inside the "circle of the loop" and is accessible from both sides.  The 800 loop does back up to a canal, but that is only on the right hand side and where the loop circles back toward the main road.  There is some distance between the campsites and the canal.  In other words, they are not directly behind the campsites like they are in the 1400 loop.

I hope that made sense...

Thank you so much for the map and the info from both of you!  Very helpful!  I will look into both of those loops and the map of the 1400 loop.  What about loop 1300?  It looks like I don't have to cross a main street with 2 little ones...is that a possibility too?  Thanks so much for the help...it is truly appreciated.

8 minutes ago, DeeBee said:

Thank you so much for the map and the info from both of you!  Very helpful!  I will look into both of those loops and the map of the 1400 loop.  What about loop 1300?  It looks like I don't have to cross a main street with 2 little ones...is that a possibility too?  Thanks so much for the help...it is truly appreciated.

There is a crosswalk on the main road, and it isn't as busy as you might be thinking.  The 1300 loop is great too, but there are a lot of sites on 1300 that either back up to the road or a canal.  One big plus for 1300 is that it has a nice playground at the loop entrance.

TCD

We have stayed on 1431 and 1432.  1432 is directly behind the food truck - meaning the gap in the trees and you have a perfect view of the food truck - we didn't mind it at all. it's a very short walk to the campfire and movie- just walk out the back of the campsite.

1431  is a nice site too - but I can't remember if you can get to the movie through the plants and stuff. You might have to use the sidewalk.

1432 is very nice site - very big site, if you want to here the sing a long every night and the movie, it's the site to have.  It really didn't bother us, I kind of enjoyed it.

1433 is also a good site - and not next to the sidewalk.

• 10 months later...

We stayed at 1443, outside loop one of the last in the circle. We loved this spot, close to end of street and a 1 minute walk to CS. We leave next Wednesday for a week and this time we opted to rent a car instead of golf cart. I figured I’m not relaying on the buses but want to be close to the marina AND CS. So I’m trying to decide what I want more. I want to be at marina for MK days, don’t want to drive to MK. But I think CS means more to us. 

• 2 months later...

I have another question...I was looking at the pictures and info on the fortfiends app.  Many sites in the 1400 loop have hookups that are distributed in the front, middle and back.  Is this ever a problem with hooking up?  We have a 28 ft trailer and an extra water hose and extra sewer hose...will that be enough?  The sites are large and near the action...thought that was a great combo since we will have small children with us.  Thanks to all for your replies.  You have all been very helpful!

We stayed in 1430 on the inside of the loop in 2006 when the kids were little.  We were in a pop up and had to buy an extension for our electrical cord.  However,  the sites have been updated since then .  We liked the site, close to the restroom,  but if your little ones go to bed early the noise from the campfire can be heard easily.