using a site to store your unit????????

So I have been at the fort for over two weeks now and Christmas was awesome. But i have noticed something fishy. There is an RV close to me (not say where because I don't want anyone to mess with it)  No one has been in or out of this site for over two weeks now.   Not really sure how I feel about this. On one hand you know its safe and secure. but the cost alone to leave it in a site over christmas just to store it. And then really people are begging for sites for the holiday and you left an RV in a site unused? And then maybe someone got sick and had to go. I actually even told the front desk cause maybe they are dead in there (no smell yet AC could be way down)

What do you guys think  

Is this taking advantage of your wealth or ok to do?

Im on the fence 

Although not as many as in the past, there are still a few long term and/or winter folks there, and perhaps moving the trailer out for a short bit is more trouble than paying the money. If the site is being paid for, I don't see an issue with it.

17 hours ago, Andrew Roberts said:

I know what it has cost me to be in this site the last two weeks and I sure wish I had that kind of disposable income.

Me too!  But look at it this way, better to have that site as a neighbor than one of the many large groups that have descended on the Fort the last couple of years.  Empty camper means no noise, no racing golfcarts, no people blocking the road, taking over the CS,  etc etc.....

But I do agree it is annoying for the rest of us who can't get a site to know it's just sitting there unused.... it's only one step above an unused Phantom Site......   

9 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Maybe there a large family and they just put a Rv there for magic bands. But really there are 15 people crammed into a dvc at the Grand Floridian.

I spoke to a guy at the dog run a few years ago who just had his RV in the fort for his dg to stay in while the rest of his family was at the Lodge. He or his wife would just bus over a couple times a day to take him to the dog park and make sure there was fresh food and water for him.

8 hours ago, shaffecv said:

I spoke to a guy at the dog run a few years ago who just had his RV in the fort for his dg to stay in while the rest of his family was at the Lodge. He or his wife would just bus over a couple times a day to take him to the dog park and make sure there was fresh food and water for him.

Wow. I don't know whether to feel glad or sad for the dog.....  :lol:

Meet them they went home for the holidays and a few other personal things they needed to attend to. just easier for them to leave it her then move it and risk losing the site. I can understand the whats and whys (hope I can afford to do the same when I retire) very nice people (they may be reading this) but they are still nice people

16 hours ago, shaffecv said:

Wow that's just horrible! I mean I guess the dog was probably happier then being boarded somewhere but geez. I'd rather stay at the Fort with the dog. 

7 hours ago, Andrew Roberts said:

Meet them they went home for the holidays and a few other personal things they needed to attend to. just easier for them to leave it her then move it and risk losing the site. I can understand the whats and whys (hope I can afford to do the same when I retire) very nice people (they may be reading this) but they are still nice people

I can understand that, may have even been cheaper or broke even if they got good deals on their flights and depending on where they went. Compared to the cost of fuel, time and mileage to drive or take the RV. 

On 12/29/2017 at 10:18 PM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Although not as many as in the past, there are still a few long term and/or winter folks there, and perhaps moving the trailer out for a short bit is more trouble than paying the money. If the site is being paid for, I don't see an issue with it.

Agreed 

On 12/30/2017 at 4:40 PM, Avatab.... Steve said:

Me too!  But look at it this way, better to have that site as a neighbor than one of the many large groups that have descended on the Fort the last couple of years.  Empty camper means no noise, no racing golfcarts, no people blocking the road, taking over the CS,  etc etc.....

Yep!

23 hours ago, shaffecv said:

Ha!  Lucky dog!!