Emerald Coast RV Beach Resort - Panama City Beach, FL

We just got back, from a weekend at this campground.  We had a really nice time.  Located in Panama City Beach, so it's very close to everything.  No direct beach access, but it's only a 5 minute drive so nice accessibility.  The sites are close together, but the grounds are so beautifully maintained, that it's not so noticeable.  VERY clean.  The staff is very nice.  Nice little playground, two heated (outdoor) pools, a basketball court, soccer area and very large dog run.  There is also a nice fishing pond (some nice class A sites over by the pond).   Rates are higher than state parks, and there is a little road noise (our site was by the office on the road...so maybe less at the back of the property?), but you're in the city so that's to be expected.  Sites and roads are paved.  Wifi was decent.  At&t was strong.

We've decided to go back, for Thanksgiving.

Sorry...no pictures (I really need to get that picture app for my iphone), but you'll find some good ones online.

We currently have plans to be at Gulf State Park the first week of June, but now the kids are bugging me to do a split with Camp Gulf.  We really enjoyed our pre-Fort stay there last March. Was looking at other options in the area.  Just checked out Emerald Coast's website. Looks really nice.

10 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Sound nice. We like the Destin area. We haved stayed at Camp Gulf next we want to try Top sail.

We like Topsail; we're going next month.   We've actually reserved for the week of the 4th (July) and for Thanksgiving, but we're going to cancel those.  Our schedule has gotten too tight, to take the week off for the 4th and Thanksgiving, we decided to go back to Emerald Coast RV.

9 hours ago, desiphil said:

We currently have plans to be at Gulf State Park the first week of June, but now the kids are bugging me to do a split with Camp Gulf.  We really enjoyed our pre-Fort stay there last March. Was looking at other options in the area.  Just checked out Emerald Coast's website. Looks really nice.

Camp Gulf has direct beach access, Emerald Coast RV does not however... I think Emerald Coast is cheaper and (I'm betting) the grounds are nicer. 

11 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Sound nice. We like the Destin area. We haved stayed at Camp Gulf next we want to try Top sail.

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

We like Topsail; we're going next month.   We've actually reserved for the week of the 4th (July) and for Thanksgiving, but we're going to cancel those.  Our schedule has gotten too tight, to take the week off for the 4th and Thanksgiving, we decided to go back to Emerald Coast RV.

Camp Gulf has direct beach access, Emerald Coast RV does not however... I think Emerald Coast is cheaper and (I'm betting) the grounds are nicer. 

We also like Topsail, but we'll be at Grayton Beach State Park for Spring Break again, we like it because of the proximity to Seaside.

I saw an alert that Grayton is going to start upgrading their old loop in September 2018.  I don't think they know how much they'll do yet but it said upgrade water, electric and possibly sewer.  It didn't sound like they'll increase the pad sizes though.

WBI

4 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Camp Gulf is I think the most expensive place we've ever "Camped." Fort is a close 2nd. The grounds sure look nicer from the online pics. Probably less sand in the RV too.

7 hours ago, desiphil said:

Camp Gulf is I think the most expensive place we've ever "Camped." Fort is a close 2nd. The grounds sure look nicer from the online pics. Probably less sand in the RV too.

Same here. That was one nice thing about the high prices at the fort, it made camp gulf not seem to bad. On the other hand top sail almost feels free compared to camp gulf. The only thing I didn't like about camp gulf is with the location of our site the wind never stopped blowing, so we didn't sit out under the awning. But the short walk to the beach was great.

11 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

The only thing I didn't like about camp gulf is with the location of our site the wind never stopped blowing, so we didn't sit out under the awning. But the short walk to the beach was great.

We think that, when we go to Myrtle Beach.  Most of the time, it is super windy...but I guess that comes with being so close to the beach.  But, I will say that I don't remember a ton of sand getting into the rig.  Some, yes, but not an overwhelming amount... whereas those who I know (who have camped at Camp Gulf), that's their main complaint.  

On 1/5/2018 at 8:17 AM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

We think that, when we go to Myrtle Beach.  Most of the time, it is super windy...but I guess that comes with being so close to the beach.  But, I will say that I don't remember a ton of sand getting into the rig.  Some, yes, but not an overwhelming amount... whereas those who I know (who have camped at Camp Gulf), that's their main complaint.  

When we've been there, every thing south of the pond was covered in sand. You could not avoid it. The closer you got to the beach, the worse it got.  The spots near the pool and north are pretty sand free. 

2 hours ago, desiphil said:

When we've been there, every thing south of the pond was covered in sand. You could not avoid it. The closer you got to the beach, the worse it got.  The spots near the pool and north are pretty sand free. 

Guess that's the trade off, for camping at the beach ☺

• 2 weeks later...