So...we're going to sweat.

Tom's company is participating in a convention, in Orlando.  Yay!  Free trip to the Fort (they'll pay for our gas and our camping fees).  However, it's held during the third week in June, so I think we're going to sweat.  Haha

I'll take it though!!!  ^_^

38 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Tom's company is participating in a convention, in Orlando.  Yay!  Free trip to the Fort (they'll pay for our gas and our camping fees).  However, it's held during the third week in June, so I think we're going to sweat.  Haha

I'll take it though!!!  ^_^

Southern ladies don't sweat, the glisten!

And it's not just the heat, it's the humidity!  Take twice as much to drink and twice as many shirts you will think you need.

And while nicely decorated screen printed tees look great, man do they hold the heat!

8 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Southern ladies don't sweat, the glisten!

And it's not just the heat, it's the humidity!  Take twice as much to drink and twice as many shirts you will think you need.

And while nicely decorated screen printed tees look great, man do they hold the heat!

Haha...okay.  I'm sure I will glisten ^_^

We've been once during the summer in the past 10 years or so... back in 2014.  I remember the pool being like a warm bath, which was not good.  If it wasn't a free trip, we wouldn't do it.  But I'm not going to pass up a free camping trip anywhere...especially the Fort!

3 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The first week of June isn't bad. Yes, it will be hot, but not July-August hot. We go almost every Memorial Day weekend, and it's doable. You'll be fine. 

TCD

Says the man, who lives in that heat/humidity  ;):lol:

Our trip is the third week of June, not the first, so maybe the "hot as hell" will have kicked in by then.... hoping not :lol:

1 hour ago, dblr....Rennie said:

We went once at the end of June into the 4th of July period and it was warmer at home in the north east then it was at Disney, so you never can tell.

Isn't that the truth (about weather)?  We've been at the Fort in January and it's been very comfortable...we've been there in January and we froze.  I mean, look at the temps right now?  Crazy stuff.

13 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I'll take a free trip any time of the year :)

Right?!  We are very thankful...

11 hours ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

It's ok. It will be like consuming calories while at Disney. It doesn't happen. No such thing as sweating while there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There you go.  I'll hold onto that...either that, or I'll just remind myself that I'm sweating away those extra calories ;)

5 hours ago, keith_h said:

My electric bill agrees with you there. Cooling costs less than the supplemental heat for a heat pump.

I am LOVING my gas furnace. With this cold snap, we have kept the thermostat at 70-71 and are very warm. Our heat pump on the old house struggled with these types of temps.

Our utility bill on this new house at twice the size has been LESS than the old house too :)

5 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I am LOVING my gas furnace. With this cold snap, we have kept the thermostat at 70-71 and are very warm. Our heat pump on the old house struggled with these types of temps.

Our utility bill on this new house at twice the size has been LESS than the old house too :)

The most efficient system is a gas furnace and heat pump. A heat pump unit is one of the most efficient a/c units. SInce elec rates are usually lower in winter using the HP on the milder winter days actually saves you money.  Your old unit was probably a HP with elec back up heat, that get's expensive.

13 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

The most efficient system is a gas furnace and heat pump. A heat pump unit is one of the most efficient a/c units. SInce elec rates are usually lower in winter using the HP on the milder winter days actually saves you money.  Your old unit was probably a HP with elec back up heat, that get's expensive.

I'm not sure if the A/C is a heat pump or not. I think it is.