Gift card for no maid service. Will you try it?

We did it for both of our split stays at Christmas. $10 a night not including the first night. You can request anything additional you need from housekeeping. 

We we usually only get the room service once while down anyway.  It’s a personal thing. I don’t like people in the room and I totally rip all the sheets out to use the bed as I don’t like to be tucked in. 

We did it at POFQ for a 2 night stay in the summer and got a $25 gift card.... I think they dropped the amount since then.  At that time they had a sliding scale and a chart they showed you.

You can still call the maid service # and get towels, soaps, coffee, etc.  it's just that they won't clean your room.

I found a maid around the corner and got more coffee supplies.

Yup. As long as I could get fresh towels from somewhere. I've found with 5 family members that hotels NEVER put more than 4 sets of towels in the room and we always have to go to the front desk or call to get additional towels anyway.  At WDW we basically only shower and sleep in the room so we have little time to mess it up and we end up spending time moving all our stuff in the morning so the person can clean anyway. 

I would do it sometimes.  Can you choose which days to do it for a long stay or is all or nothing?

Some Marriotts offer free points for this and I always opt for the points, but then again it's just me and the room stays a lot cleaner and there's plenty of towels when I'm traveling alone.  Also Marriott let's you make requests in their app for house keeping items.

WBI

7 minutes ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

I would do it sometimes.  Can you choose which days to do it for a long stay or is all or nothing?

Some Marriotts offer free points for this and I always opt for the points, but then again it's just me and the room stays a lot cleaner and there's plenty of towels when I'm traveling alone.  Also Marriott let's you make requests in their app for house keeping items.

WBI

I know when we were there, after a set amount of days, (I think 5) they still gave your room a thorough cleaning but it didn't count against your opting out reward.

I wonder if this will be changing since they are doing away with the do not disturb hangers.

We would do this...then again, I'm one who makes our bed (yes, even in hotels) each morning and the idea of people being in a room that we're staying in... ugh, gives me the willies. 

Then again, one of the reasons we got an RV, is because I like my own space :lol:

2 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

We would do this...then again, I'm one who makes our bed (yes, even in hotels) each morning and the idea of people being in a room that we're staying in... ugh, gives me the willies. 

Then again, one of the reasons we got an RV, is because I like my own space :lol:

I'd love to see the look on the housekeeper's face that enters your room and finds the bed already made.  :P

6 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

I'd love to see the look on the housekeeper's face that enters your room and finds the bed already made.  :P

Ha!  I know Tom always laughed at me :lol:

We'd put out the "do not disturb" sign.  If I needed something (clean towels for example), I'd just call for them... but that wasn't usually the case as our hotel stays were typically only 2 or 3 nights.

6 hours ago, Beckers said:

As she lays down on the bed and enjoys the 3 mins Nacole just saved her ??

Haha... yeah, probably so :lol:

32 minutes ago, PGHFiend said:

After the Las Vegas tragedy and the removal of do not disturb signs at the Disney resorts, I think this is a risky desicision that is counter thinking of that move. 

Not really a factor though as they are doing room inspections now whether you have housekeeping or not. 

34 minutes ago, PGHFiend said:

After the Las Vegas tragedy and the removal of do not disturb signs at the Disney resorts, I think this is a risky desicision that is counter thinking of that move. 

They still check the room, they just don't make the bed and clean everyday

Jason won....:lol: